Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 19-01-2020, 09:28   #6286
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I'm looking into getting a soundbar as I struggle to hear dialogue clearly even with hearing aids.

Hard work trying to find a good not to expensive Samsung soundbar as the reviews vary so much.

One thing I am unsure about is whether other makes of soundbar can be operated with my Samsung TV remote.?
You can Bluetooth to hearing aids, if you hadn't tried that. You might need an small box which converts Bluetooth to the hearing aid loop. Save deafening anyone else in the house!
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2020, 10:06   #6287
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You can Bluetooth to hearing aids, if you hadn't tried that. You might need an small box which converts Bluetooth to the hearing aid loop. Save deafening anyone else in the house!
You can but the sound quality that way is generally crap and not worth the money.
Old 19-01-2020, 10:55   #6288
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
You can but the sound quality that way is generally crap and not worth the money.
Works well for.my Mrs. when listening to music/audio books (also is a bit of peace and quiet for me ! ) Sound gimmicks are a bit irrelevant when you just want it to be audible.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 11:21   #6289
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
My pal in Sandy might be selling his if you're interested?
Thanks for the offer but i will buy a suitably new soundbar when i am ready.

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Luckily im not that deaf, but thanks for the info i will look into it at some point.
Old 19-01-2020, 16:43   #6290
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I'm looking into getting a soundbar as I struggle to hear dialogue clearly even with hearing aids.

Hard work trying to find a good not to expensive Samsung soundbar as the reviews vary so much.

One thing I am unsure about is whether other makes of soundbar can be operated with my Samsung TV remote.?

I have a Samsung Sound Stage.

it connects to the TV via Fibre Optics.

Great sound.

Similar to mine

https://www.samsung.com/uk/audio-video/soundbar-h500/
Old 27-01-2020, 16:02   #6291
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

My 4 year old iPad Pro just borked - fine last night, no power this morning, and won't charge or turn on (tried everything I could find from the interwebs and Apple Support, but no joy).

I went to my local Apple Premium Service Provider (Clockwork Creative Technology), as they could give me an appointment this morning, rather than sometime next week at the Leeds Apple Store.

It failed the HDI Integrated Current Checker Diagnostic test - can't get any power, so won't power up; can't find anywhere who fixes iPads, just screen replacement shops.

Apparently, they are so integrated in design that they are impossible to repair (except for the screens) - all Apple will do is offer a like for like replacement (same model - 2015 12.9" 128GB) for £589; I might as well buy the new model, and pay the difference.

So that's a bunch of money I wasn't planning on spending this month, but it's my main method of media consumption, so, c'est la vie - it's only money...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 27-01-2020 at 22:20.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2020, 18:20   #6292
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Terrible when your tech goes wrong, A lot of money, so enjoy
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 14:37   #6293
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
My 4 year old iPad Pro just borked - fine last night, no power this morning, and won't charge or turn on (tried everything I could find from the interwebs and Apple Support, but no joy).

I went to my local Apple Premium Service Provider (Clockwork Creative Technology), as they could give me an appointment this morning, rather than sometime next week at the Leeds Apple Store.

It failed the HDI Integrated Current Checker Diagnostic test - can't get any power, so won't power up; can't find anywhere who fixes iPads, just screen replacement shops.

Apparently, they are so integrated in design that they are impossible to repair (except for the screens) - all Apple will do is offer a like for like replacement (same model - 2015 12.9" 128GB) for £589; I might as well buy the new model, and pay the difference.

So that's a bunch of money I wasn't planning on spending this month, but it's my main method of media consumption, so, c'est la vie - it's only money...
How was your old one running under iPadOS? I have the same model and it's running like an absolute dog: Random instances of the touch input freezing and being generally unresponsive. Haven't tried a device wipe yet but that could be the next move.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 19:36   #6294
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
How was your old one running under iPadOS? I have the same model and it's running like an absolute dog: Random instances of the touch input freezing and being generally unresponsive. Haven't tried a device wipe yet but that could be the next move.
The old one worked fine under iPadOS - no problems at all.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 13:17   #6295
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Tax codes, HMRC

Gits
Old 11-02-2020, 12:26   #6296
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

For the last 2 days i keep getting powercuts in the wind for a few seconds! Pain in the ass with food in the oven and when it kills the internet!
Old 11-02-2020, 12:43   #6297
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
For the last 2 days i keep getting powercuts in the wind for a few seconds! Pain in the ass with food in the oven and when it kills the internet!
We had one a couple of weeks ago but thankfully nothing since.

l know how you feel SnoopZ.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:57   #6298
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We had one a couple of weeks ago but thankfully nothing since.

l know how you feel SnoopZ.
Just had another one! oh well foods out the oven and start work soon, just hope the storms stop soon.
Old 11-02-2020, 16:16   #6299
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Grr. The local gas company have apparently found they need to upgrade the entire network.

This process involves digging up the pavement outside every house in the road, replacing both the gas mains. They chose to start this last Thursday, so they left a message stating I would need to speak to the engineer at 8am on Saturday (I usually have a lay in on Saturdays), as the Engineer needed to confirm every gas appliance we have was turned off. We only have two (the hob and boiler), so I turned them off at the time he was due to come.

He turned up at nearly 10am.. He did replace the main fairly quickly (still took an hour), and frequently left the house, so I had to leave the front door open. I needed to do this anyway as there was a strong smell of gas while he was working. It was rather cold in the house when he finished.

However, when he was finishing up, he noted that at some point in the past, someone has removed the earth bond between the consumer unit and the gas main. Don't know who, as in the last few years, both our internal gas pipes and the consumer unit have been replaced, so it could have been either the company that installed the heating or the electrician who replaced the consumer unit.

I'm expecting more bloody expense getting it fixed..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 18:28   #6300
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

You should be able to do this yourself: The consumer unit should have a large earth terminal block on the panel. In town the braid of the incoming electric supply is bonded here. In rural areas this runs to an earth rod just outside.

An earthing clip and some 6mm yellow/green cable from the metal gas pipe to that block will do the job.

There should also be a similar cross bond to the incoming water main.

This didn't used to be needed but with both gas and water mains being replaced with plastic the metal piping, sink, bath, shower etc. all need to be cross bonded inside the house. This is an important safety issue.