Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 29-08-2018, 15:50   #5551
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Well to top Saturday off I ended up in hospital and am still here.

My cousins funeral is on Saturday in Rutherglen.
Old 29-08-2018, 16:14   #5552
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
Off to the US for work on Monday
Safe Journey back and forth, Which part are you going too, ?
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 16:41   #5553
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Totally agree.

Taxi, Airplane, taxi, office, hotel (repeat last 3), taxi, airplane, taxi, home - so glamourous.

I went to NZ 12 times in 2 years in the 80s/90s - there's nothing glamourous about 37 hours solid travel, even if it is business class, and the number of times I've been to the USA and seen nothing but office and airport (because someone is paying a lot of money to have you there, so want their money's worth) are in the majority of my trips...

(having said that, you get to meet interesting people and gain viewpoints you wouldn't have got at home, so swings/roundabouts - the worst part is being away from your family for extended periods).
Yeah, it's always good to get there for the visibility factor but all the other stuff is just rubbish.

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Safe Journey back and forth, Which part are you going too, ?
Jersey City. Where I am isn't too far from NY - just a ferry ride, but it always feels like too much hassle to go there.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 16:56   #5554
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yeah, it's always good to get there for the visibility factor but all the other stuff is just rubbish.

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Jersey City. Where I am isn't too far from NY - just a ferry ride, but it always feels like too much hassle to go there.
I stayed overnight in Jersey as our flight was overbooked, but we were in a lovely hotel and got our flight the next morning,
Old 29-08-2018, 17:41   #5555
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I stayed overnight in Jersey as our flight was overbooked, but we were in a lovely hotel and got our flight the next morning,
... and you probably still saw more of Jersey City than I did

When I worked for another firm, I tended to stay over the NY side, and take a ferry each morning so I saw a bit more of the areas- but these days I just can't be bothered, so as Hugh says it's Taxi, Airplane, taxi, office, hotel (but with some pub in there too).

It must be a sign of old age too, as I now quite enjoy just sitting in the bar on my own, watching TV, having dinner and a couple of drinks.
I spend large amounts of my days talking to people, so some quiet time is good.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 19:54   #5556
nashville
nashville

The trip we went to that year was, N Y, Kentucky, Virginia, Nashville, Pigeon Forge, and back to New York, then back to Glasgow, We were away for three weeks, This was to follow Country Music, of course, it was fantastic, Happy Memories , Should not be in the moaning page but just having conversation Mr Love

Last edited by nashville; 29-08-2018 at 19:58. Reason: Forgot something
Old 30-08-2018, 09:48   #5557
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
I woke up one day and noticed a rash on my arm. Wife said that looks like shingles. Phoned doctor and told come in immediately and given some pills. No symptoms at all. Sometime later called in for shingles vacination.

My comiserations as I hear it can be bad.

Thank you arcimedes, I wasn't aware of the shingles vaccination until just recently, I feel I should have been called in by our surgery as I am in the age bracket for it. I am going to wait until it goes away and then get the jab, as apparently you can get shingles more than once, what a nightmare that would be.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 13:24   #5558
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
... and you probably still saw more of Jersey City than I did

When I worked for another firm, I tended to stay over the NY side, and take a ferry each morning so I saw a bit more of the areas- but these days I just can't be bothered, so as Hugh says it's Taxi, Airplane, taxi, office, hotel (but with some pub in there too).

It must be a sign of old age too, as I now quite enjoy just sitting in the bar on my own, watching TV, having dinner and a couple of drinks.
I spend large amounts of my days talking to people, so some quiet time is good.
When I have to stay in a hotel, especially more than one night I want one with a pool so I can spend some time just relaxing and exercising. For UK hotels the plan is usually return to hotel, phone home, swim, dinner, sleep.
Old 31-08-2018, 09:27   #5559
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I know I was in hospital for 4 days but I am feeling so so knackered. No energy at all.

Can't even get a decent sleep.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:47   #5560
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Feet and lower legs been swollen for about a week or so, had to go out yesterday morning, couldn't get my regular trainers on, had to squeeze into another slightly larger pair. Probably one of the side affects from taking new medication. Painful too. Will make doctors appointment on Monday.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:20   #5561
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
Feet and lower legs been swollen for about a week or so, had to go out yesterday morning, couldn't get my regular trainers on, had to squeeze into another slightly larger pair. Probably one of the side affects from taking new medication. Painful too. Will make doctors appointment on Monday.
What is the type of medication you are taking Jimmy? as to my limited medical knowledge you could be suffering from something like fluid retention.

https://www.healthline.com/health/wa...tention#causes
Old 01-09-2018, 17:25   #5562
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What is the type of medication you are taking Jimmy? as to my limited medical knowledge you could be suffering from something like fluid retention.

https://www.healthline.com/health/wa...tention#causes
Mirtazapine 35mg, been taking them for about 7 weeks.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 17:59   #5563
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
Mirtazapine 35mg, been taking them for about 7 weeks.
Thanks as yes it certainly wise to see your doctor on Monday.
Old 01-09-2018, 22:25   #5564
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Today's funeral was really difficult and very emotional for the whole family.

So so sad. Cancer really is an asshat.
Old 01-09-2018, 23:26   #5565
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Yes it is. I hope in my lifetime someone can find a cure for it. We must surely be able to make big strides towards that?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote