Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 29-08-2017, 11:36   #4606
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Just ready to go out the door this morning and we get a phone call to say we have cancelled your hospital appointment for today and we will need to rearrange it.
Old 29-08-2017, 14:51   #4607
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Just ready to go out the door this morning and we get a phone call to say we have cancelled your hospital appointment for today and we will need to rearrange it.
It's horrible when that happens, especially when you've psyched yourself up for something unpleasant and just want to get it over and done with.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 15:13   #4608
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Well that sucks I had the opposite this morning my op is going ahead tomorrow
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 15:40   #4609
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Best of luck with that Dilli.
Old 29-08-2017, 16:45   #4610
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
It's horrible when that happens, especially when you've psyched yourself up for something unpleasant and just want to get it over and done with.
Indeed l always like to get things over with Osem and now l have to build myself up again when l the new date arrives.

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Quote:
Well disappointing definitely but a little bit of shopping soon cheered me up.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

Quote:
Well that sucks I had the opposite this morning my op is going ahead tomorrow : (
Good luck tomorrow dilli as my thoughts are with you.
Old 29-08-2017, 19:57   #4611
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

just taxed the car £286 for 6 months
Old 29-08-2017, 20:40   #4612
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post

Ouch.

My car tax is due 1st September £20 for the year.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 11:59   #4613
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Have to have my pacemaker replaced and they now do it at a more distant hospital to our local where the current unit was fitted. Hope I can get back to archery/gym quickly, can't drive for 7 days post op.
Old 30-08-2017, 12:41   #4614
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Have to have my pacemaker replaced and they now do it at a more distant hospital to our local where the current unit was fitted. Hope I can get back to archery/gym quickly, can't drive for 7 days post op.
Sorry to hear you have to go to another hospital to have your pacemaker replaced tweetiepooh as you must have had the one you got currently in for around 7 to 10 years now l gather? as my original ICD was done in London and the new one l had in last September was done in Devon.
Old 30-08-2017, 14:32   #4615
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Not nice when that happens den, I remember being prepped up for my Gallbladder op only to be sent home. I was so disappointed especially as I had hospital gown on, hospital stockings and the anaesthetist had spoken to me then the surgeon came out and said I had to be a in patient as I was high risk due to my Crohns and I should never have been put on the day surgery list the planning that we had done as a family was wasted as hubby and eldest son had arranged time off to care for my youngest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Good luck with your op tweetiepooh, take care.
Old 30-08-2017, 21:33   #4616
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Not nice when that happens den, I remember being prepped up for my Gallbladder op only to be sent home. I was so disappointed especially as I had hospital gown on, hospital stockings and the anaesthetist had spoken to me then the surgeon came out and said I had to be a in patient as I was high risk due to my Crohns and I should never have been put on the day surgery list the planning that we had done as a family was wasted as hubby and eldest son had arranged time off to care for my youngest.

Good luck with your op tweetiepooh, take care.
Thankfully I didn't get quite that far - I'd been dreading my gallbladder surgery for weeks and got as far as the afternoon before it was due when mine was cancelled. Grrrr!!!!

Still it all worked out OK in the end and that's what we have to be thankful for.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Mine was £280 and I bet my old car emits far less emissions than most on the road.
Old 30-08-2017, 22:08   #4617
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Kept in! Screw you hospital!!!
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 03:01   #4618
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Good luck to those who are going into hospital, commiserations to those who have had appointments cancelled.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 13:40   #4619
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Kept in! Screw you hospital!!!
Old 31-08-2017, 21:48   #4620
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Taken to local heart centre (blue lights on) the Friday before bank holiday.
Left to vegetate till end of holiday period then had 3 stents fitted to a once repaired blood vessel. (So repairs under guarantee) lol
Still clicking my heels over the 4 week wait before I can get back behind the wheel!

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

At least I had a better experience than another local resident.
He had the out of body experience of being clinically dead for 30minutes whilst he was being worked on by experienced worker with defib machine until the air ambulance arrived!
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote