Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 19-06-2013, 18:40   #2041
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
A bit of an overreaction don't you think, considering that they are still in talks.
How can it be an over reaction? Even if VM do manage to carry it I may still jump depending on what it costs and whether it is dedicated HD channels(s) or streaming via a TiVo app, you can bet that the constant vagueness is part of the strategy so that the offer of free HD from BT passes making whatever virgin do offer more attractive or making the reality of having to have my drive dug up to get BT infinity seem like too much of an hassle. It is the constant not knowing anything that does my head in, it's alright saying that we will know when there is something to tell but the more time that elapses the less time i will have to make an informed choice to change my services with out interrupting my football viewing.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-06-2013, 19:12   #2042
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
It is the constant not knowing anything that does my head in,
The thing is mate how can they possibly tell us something when they haven't yet reached an agreement and don't know themselves! Are you suggesting they just kind of say, well look guys, we're expecting to get BT sports, but just not sure when!!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 19:20   #2043
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I will jump on the bandwagon here. Its on the Sky epg and going through tests, Talk, talk will almost certainly have it, while the hell doesn't VM pull there finger out and sort it now. There will be friendlies organised that will shown on Tv etc.

What l reckon will happen is VM will put BT Sports on the day before the whole thing kicks off.

Well lets put it this way, if this problem is not sorted out l will switch the whole lot off and go over to Freeview.

I am fed up paying through the nose for all sports channels shown by Sky, and then VM will rip you off with the package also.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 19:22   #2044
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
How can it be an over reaction? Even if VM do manage to carry it I may still jump depending on what it costs and whether it is dedicated HD channels(s) or streaming via a TiVo app, you can bet that the constant vagueness is part of the strategy so that the offer of free HD from BT passes making whatever virgin do offer more attractive or making the reality of having to have my drive dug up to get BT infinity seem like too much of an hassle. It is the constant not knowing anything that does my head in, it's alright saying that we will know when there is something to tell but the more time that elapses the less time i will have to make an informed choice to change my services with out interrupting my football viewing.
I will be astonished if VM get a "deal" from BT for this. I am sure VM will get the channels, but it will surely be on the same terms as Sky, or why would BT run the risk of not gaining BB customers?!? VM not agreeing to the terms Sky have had to accept can surely be the only thing holding the talks up?
If your football is really that important surely it is going to be cheaper for you by joining Sky (current deals, HD channels) and getting BT Sports free for a year? Also you will finally have some peace of mind.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 19:27   #2045
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I will be astonished if VM get a "deal" from BT for this. I am sure VM will get the channels, but it will surely be on the same terms as Sky, or why would BT run the risk of not gaining BB customers?!? VM not agreeing to the terms Sky have had to accept can surely be the only thing holding the talks up?
If your football is really that important surely it is going to be cheaper for you by joining Sky (current deals, HD channels) and getting BT Sports free for a year? Also you will finally have some peace of mind.
You have persuaded me..I am going to get sky tv (who is with me?)
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 19:29   #2046
harry_hitch

harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The thing is mate how can they possibly tell us something when they haven't yet reached an agreement and don't know themselves! Are you suggesting they just kind of say, well look guys, we're expecting to get BT sports, but just not sure when!!
Good point Mad Max, although, I have always thought that is what VM have been saying all along though.
Old 19-06-2013, 20:01   #2047
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I will be astonished if VM get a "deal" from BT for this. I am sure VM will get the channels, but it will surely be on the same terms as Sky, or why would BT run the risk of not gaining BB customers?!?
Well, VM may or may not get a deal. However, if they don't, they may still give XL viewers a reduced price. They did it free for ESPN, so they can do something similar with BT Sports, although it won't be free.

Am I not right in saying that Sky viewers only have the option of getting BT Sports free via their computer, but not through their Sky box? If so, a reduced price for VM would be a good incentive for Sky viewers to get Virgin Media, to see it with their TIVO boxes.

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
For the reason given in my post above, you may be jumping ship too early. Why the hurry?

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I will jump on the bandwagon here. Its on the Sky epg and going through tests, Talk, talk will almost certainly have it, while the hell doesn't VM pull there finger out and sort it now.
Because they are trying to get you the best deal possible. Would you prefer them to get in quick and pay over the top?

Please be patient Arthur, it's only June!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 20:04   #2048
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, VM may or may not get a deal. However, if they don't, they may still give XL viewers a reduced price. They did it free for ESPN, so they can do something similar with BT Sports, although it won't be free.

Am I not right in saying that Sky viewers only have the option of getting BT Sports free via their computer, but not through their Sky box? If so, a reduced price for VM would be a good incentive for Sky viewers to get Virgin Media, to see it with their TIVO boxes.[COLOR="Silver"]
No, it goes through the sky box..I can see it now
Old 19-06-2013, 20:11   #2049
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Old 19-06-2013, 20:25   #2050
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
No, it goes through the sky box..I can see it now
In which case, their web site is somewhat confusing! I'll let my son in law know, it might change his mind!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 20:44   #2051
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
In which case, their web site is somewhat confusing! I'll let my son in law know, it might change his mind!
Erm, Old Boy, i think Colin is pulling your plonker mate!
Old 19-06-2013, 20:58   #2052
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Erm, Old Boy, i think Colin is pulling your plonker mate!
No pulling.

From their website
On Sky Digital Satellite Platform
If you have a satellite receiver box and viewing card, you can easily take BT Sport from us. You don't need to be a BT customer - but if you have our broadband, it's free. And it's only available direct from BT. Order now for free HD for a year.

And as I say, 413 and 414 are the HD channels on sky...showing commercials for BT sport now..until 1 August
Old 19-06-2013, 21:12   #2053
harry_hitch

Quote:

Am I not right in saying that Sky viewers only have the option of getting BT Sports free via their computer, but not through their Sky box? If so, a reduced price for VM would be a good incentive for Sky viewers to get Virgin Media, to see it with their TIVO boxes.[COLOR="Silver"]
Not sure about the Sky part, but surely they would have announced a deal for XL viewers (and by default everyone else) by now if that was the case? I cannot imagine BT would worry where the money for the channels comes from, as long as they get the full amount of money they are asking for.
I personally think the ESPN money has been put into the recent channel arrivals, and won't be used for BT Sports. I hope to be proved wrong though for those who want it though.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Quote:
No pulling.

From their website
On Sky Digital Satellite Platform
If you have a satellite receiver box and viewing card, you can easily take BT Sport from us. You don't need to be a BT customer - but if you have our broadband, it's free. And it's only available direct from BT. Order now for free HD for a year.

And as I say, 413 and 414 are the HD channels on sky...showing commercials for BT sport now..until 1 August
When they close down and inform you that you can only watch it through your computer Just kidding OLDBOY. Thinking on from my previous post, the Sky website may mean that you can watch the channels as part of the Sky Go offering as well as through the box
Old 19-06-2013, 22:16   #2054
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
i wish liverpool finished bottom...i wish liverpool finished bottom...i wish liverpool finished bottom...i wish liverpool finished bottom...i wish liverpool finished bottom

Does it still come true?
Lovely, one relegation place filled...
Old 19-06-2013, 23:27   #2055
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

What's the only ship never to have docked in Liverpool?