Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Simply 8p - is it no longer available?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Simply 8p - is it no longer available?

Old 13-04-2013, 00:53   #1
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Simply 8p - is it no longer available?

Just when I decide Simply 8p would be the best one to have on the other phone, looks like it's gone - and no free unlocks to be found for that one.

I know what would work for ME on my main phone (unlocked), and that's either:
Lycamobile - the per minute / per MB rates are crazy good, maybe Giffgaff, or maybe risk the ads with Ovivo (150min/150 text/400MB data per month - FREE)

Got to move it away from VM, as no way am I dropping a quid to do one little lookup, and as far as I've seen, that will definitely be a flat rate, not a capped rate - and while for 100MB it's good, for a page or 2, it's rubbish!

The thing is, the other phone is locked, so stuck with VM on that, and the X-net rate on PAYG original is AWFUL, and not really impressive on the current tariffs.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2013, 01:52   #2
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society
Re: Simply 8p - is it no longer available?

What phone is locked?
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 11:59   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...%208p%20Tariff

Quote:
The Simply 8p tariff is only available to Virgin Media customers (with TV, broadband or home phone).

If you are a Virgin Media customer and would like to know more about this tariff, please call us on 0845 650 4500.
I know it's not on their order form anymore but try calling them..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 15:12   #4
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Think it's gone the same way as 'Tesco Mobile Lite'. You can still get it, but it's no longer advertised.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 21:50   #5
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Locked one (bad news) is a Sagem ... my411c - not one that free unlocks can be found for - at least, I'm pretty sure it's locked, it's payg VM & branded, and I don't suppose they had to unlock them for the network switch (though I do remember some crazy beeping when that happened).

Guess I should try throwing another SIM in, just to be sure it rejects.

Got one other that is unlocked, but ye olde Trium Geo is a bit of a lump!
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 17:31   #6
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Tesco Mobile are still doing their "Lite" sim card (found after a little hunting).
8p per min calls (inc 0800 & 0845), 4p texts.

https://www.tescomobile-freesim.co.uk/lite-sim/
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:17   #7
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads

I saw 2 types of Virgin Mobile sims in poundland today. One was the Simply 8p one, although the Tesco one posted above is cheaper.
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote