Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Network Change

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Network Change

Old 12-07-2008, 14:14   #1
ze0n
Inactive

Services: Virgin 4MB Broadband (ntl:250 modem) & Sky+ TV & TalkTalk Talk3 Phone & 4 Virgin PAYG Phones
ze0n is on a distinguished roadze0n is on a distinguished road
Network Change

Hi,

I have a Sony Ericsson w580i simlocked to Virgin. Now, I want to change to o2, but i get invalid sim when putting an o2 sim in. If you press LEFT * * LEFT on a SE phone you get an option to enter a unlock code. Searching forums tells me that AT&T in america give these out freely to un simlock the phones. Will Virgin give me one? Thanks

EDIT: Rung 789, Been waiting to speak to someone for 44 mins 34 secs.
ze0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-07-2008, 20:30   #2
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice
Re: Network Change

Virgin give the unlock codes out free as long as you have spent £30 since being with them.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 21:54   #3
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexTech View Post
Virgin give the unlock codes out free as long as you have spent £30 since being with them.
They used to but it has now changed. They now charge for issuing the unlocking code.
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:35   #4
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dph View Post
They used to but it has now changed. They now charge for issuing the unlocking code.
Ah, seems to be the way with Virgin, anything to add more and more charges where they can.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:50   #5
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexTech View Post
Ah, seems to be the way with Virgin, anything to add more and more charges where they can.
Definitely the case with Virgin Mobile once NTL got their hands on them!
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 18:54   #6
BexTech
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dph View Post
Definitely the case with Virgin Mobile once NTL got their hands on them!
Yeah, sure is.