Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Advice On Tariff

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Advice On Tariff

Old 28-03-2013, 07:44   #1
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road
Advice On Tariff

At the present I'm on the PAYG Addict tariff. I use my phone mainly for internet and make only a few calls and text a month. I pay £15 to get 1Gb plus so many text. I have no problem with that but I find as I don't make many calls my monthly payments just mount up currently I have over £50 in credit which I think is a wast of money. If I don't top up I don't get the data and get charged at 50p for 25mb which don't take long to use up a lot of money.
I was thinking of going on the unlimited tariff but I do sometimes tether my Ipad to my phone which I understand you cant with the unlimited tariff.
Any advice please?
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2013, 09:55   #2
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Advice On Tariff

Why don't you just stop topping up for a few months and use £5 of the available credit each month to get 1gb data? The few texts and calls you are using will also come out of the credit you have until you decide you want to top up again.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 12:49   #3
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Thanks for your reply.
I've never seen that option, would I need to phone up an speak to the wonderful customer services?
Old 28-03-2013, 13:35   #4
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

You can top us as often as you like. If you don't top up during one month then all that will happen is your calls and texts will be charged at the rate applied to your tariff and taken from your £50 credit. You don't need to speak to CS to sort out web access.

Quote:
Get 1GB data for only £5 a month on Pay As You Go

If you often use the web on your mobile, it makes sense to get our Pay As You Go data Add-On.

Look what 1GB data can do for you:
Read and reply to 2000 emails
Browse online for 250 hours
Spend 100 hours using Instant Messenger services
Download 100 MP3 music files.

To add it, just text BUY Data5 to 789789.

To cancel text CANCEL Data5 to 789789.
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...chooseus.sm082

Depending on how many calls/texts you make, doing this may allow you to slowly reduce your credit over a period of months but you'll need to keep an eye on your balance to see how much you're spending on calls. This information will, however, be useful when the time comes for you to decide whether to carry on with PAYG or whether a different tariff or even contract might better suit you. You may even want to buy monthly bundles of calls/texts rather than pay per call/text used. So for £10 out of your existing credit you could get 1gb data and bundle of 50mins and 50 texts, for example.

https://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gene...les.shop.sm034

IIRC, if you have Virgin Media services at home you may also qualify for better deals e.g. the Addict Extra tariff.

http://www.virginmobileshop.co.uk/phones/pay-as-you-go/

There are also 30 day rolling contract deals which, if you now find you are spending more than you thought on calls and texts every month, may also save you money.
Old 28-03-2013, 14:50   #5
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Thanks again.
I've looked round and round I couldn't find that.
Old 28-03-2013, 17:04   #6
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

£20 for 6 months at 500mb a month - tmobile payg
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 23:59   #7
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Looks like the daily data rate is going up to £1 for up to 100MB
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 07:00   #8
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

im sure i seen a payandgo simcard in the office with 12months free internet, might be worth getting a new sim
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 00:17   #9
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

I know there was a free internet offer running for PHONES at one time.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 19:37   #10
Osem
Inactive

It was free data for 12 months and it expired earlier this year.

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...ter.sm191#Save £60 with twelve months free data or BlackBerry® services
Old 10-04-2013, 13:42   #11
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Why don't you try the £12 p/m SIM only 30 day contract?
1200 minutes
unlimited texts
1 GB data
unlimited calls and texts to other Virgin phones

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-...y-monthly.html