Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Odeon cinema news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Odeon cinema news

Old 18-05-2021, 23:22   #16
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Cinemas reopening and Odeon Limitless membership

Odeon are not the only ones with a limp start.
The only film Showcase have on that interested me was Kong v Godzilla, but I've already seen that.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-05-2021, 23:35   #17
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Exactly, all the films they are showing have been available for a couple of months. They would have been better off forgetting about them and bringing back some classic blockbusters.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2021, 01:40   #18
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I don't know how it works with them showing movies but I'm guessing that they had already paid for the rights to show them, so they want to try and earn some of that money back.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2021, 20:31   #19
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Went to see Nomanland in my normal cinema. Felt great to hear some of the traditional sounds of the cinema logos and so on.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2021, 20:44   #20
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

So they were better than the film then

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2021, 21:01   #21
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I liked the film too but my main reason for going was just to be in a cinema again. It is the kind of film I need to see in a cinema though because I need to pay attention and not have distractions. I think the moment I got into it was when she was at that camp with all the other nomads and they were exploring their motivations and from that point on you're really wondering her motivation and where she'll end up.
Old 23-05-2021, 11:37   #22
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I was going to say that I want to go to the cinema but I can't find a reason to go because there isn't anything on I want to watch or haven't seen already but I have just checked again Terminator is bring brought back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well I guess I wont be bothering with Limitless, even if I did like the cinema.

The whole site refers to "digital membership" and using "the app".
Obviously another of these pathetic companies discriminating against those who do not have a Smart Phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
that is new and it will be interesting to see how that works...... when you collect the tickets from the atm machines in the cinema the only way you can retrieve them is by swiping your card (whether it be debit card or limitless).
It looks they trying to do anyway with paper tickets now and move to e-ticketing. Putting the app aside, they have always sent you an email confirmation and now you get an e-ticket by email and on your Odeon app with a qr code they can scan.

What really has wound me up is this:

What absolute bullshit. Strange how they weren't interested in doing it when we actually needed it last August. I am not downloading the app.

Edit: I don't know what is going on with the screenshot not displaying properly so I have attached the thumbs you can click on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (90.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-3.jpg (261.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 24-05-2021, 11:20   #23
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Limitless looks crap anyway as, so far as I can work out, it's only until September at which point it's full wack again. Their new cinema in Leicester Square is lovely so I would be very, very tempted if I could lock in a year at the cheaper rate.
Old 24-05-2021, 11:29   #24
General Maximus
Ran Away

Funny you should say that because I am going to see Terminator later and I am very very curious to see if they have done any refurbishments to my cinema while it has been closed. On the new website and seating planners we don't have premiere seating anymore and it is all "standard". I don't know if they have done it as a goodwill gesture to keep ticket prices down so people don't have to pay the extra £2 for premiere seating for a limited period of time while they get people going back or whether it is because all seats are now premiere seats so premiere seats are now the "standard". Wishful thinking but we will see.

I don't mind the membership fee going back up to full price in September because by then there will be loads of films coming out I want to see plus films like Shang-Chi which I will want to see multiple times.
Old 24-05-2021, 13:54   #25
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I’d have thought it more likely that the seats are all one price so they have the best chance of filling all available seats, given the capacity restrictions they’re still under.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 14:48   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

Yeah. Last summer we had a long conversation accompanied with some seating diagrams (lol) of how cinemas may reopen and we discussed automatically blocking off every other row of seats and two seats either side of you. None of that happened and you could sit anywhere you wanted to and when I went to see one film somebody actually sat next me.

They have changed it this time though and when you book your tickets online it automatically makes the two seats either side of you unavailable but people can still sit in the rows immediately behind you and in front of you.
Old 24-05-2021, 17:27   #27
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I just don't go to the same cinema enough for these schemes to work. I alternative between three or so around the West End but for a 'big' film the Odeon is very good. It's a huge screen and a huge room. You would want to watch a Marvel film in there with an appreciative audience since the place would pop.
Old 02-08-2021, 20:29   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

Just had an email through with updated information regarding Limitless membership. Originally the plan was to offer it at a reduced rate at £9.99/month until October and then it would return to the usual fee of £17.99. It October the price will be increasing but only to £12.99 and it doesn't say whether this is temporary until e.g. Christmas or whether it will be permanent. I have a feeling things haven't gone as well as hoped and they are playing it by ear. It doesn't help the few big family films that have been released which would normally encourage larger groups of three or four people to the cinema with the obligatory sweets & drinks have been simultaneously released on a streaming service like Jungle Cruise this week. Either way, it is good news for the movie fans. I only need to go to the cinema twice a month and I am saving money.
Old 02-08-2021, 21:05   #29
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Good times ahead then General.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 22:15   #30
General Maximus
Ran Away

Yeah, my cinema is one of the most expensive in the country so I end up saving a fortune even when membership is full price at £18/month.