Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 14-11-2008, 10:30   #751
zing_deleted

Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other Snippets

long time coming that movie with a bit of luck it will be worth the wait looks awesome
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2008, 01:00   #752
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The Sci Fi Channel has renewed Sanctuary for a second season, ordering 13 new hour long episodes.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 01:14   #753
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
The Sci Fi Channel has renewed Sanctuary for a second season, ordering 13 new hour long episodes.
I've enjoyed the episodes I've seen up till now, so this is great news - anything that keeps Amanda Tapping in the public eye will 'do for me', but Sanctuary is intellectual, also
Old 16-11-2008, 01:18   #754
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Good and bad news for TV shows today then. I saw this earlier that it got renewed. I've enjoyed it so far. Bad news is for Monk, it's finishing after it's 8th season.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 23:33   #755
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Good and bad news for TV shows today then. I saw this earlier that it got renewed. I've enjoyed it so far. Bad news is for Monk, it's finishing after it's 8th season.
Oh no why was it canned it's a great show with many years ahead of it
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 23:35   #756
cimt

Quote:
The decision to end the show, which has pulled in consistently high ratings for the cable network, has been attributed to creative reasons and rising production costs.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a13...t-seasons.html

I honestly can't see how the production costs can be that high for Monk.
Old 17-11-2008, 00:39   #757
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I honestly can't see how the production costs can be that high for Monk.
Perhaps they had to reshoot each scene 29 times ?
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 00:58   #758
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The Sci-Fi channel has ordered a 20 episode first season of the BSG prequel "Caprica" - to debut in 2010.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:07   #759
cimt

Yeah, I posted that.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/23/46615-caprica.html

That's good news - it excludes the TV movie.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:10   #760
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but apparently Eli Stone has been cancelled, so the second season will be the last.

I'm not really that bothered by the news, I like it enough to keep watching it, but I won't consider it a major loss when it's finished.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 22:16   #761
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

I wouldn't mind have the bandwith that the Sanctuary sub has.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 22:29   #762
cimt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but apparently Eli Stone has been cancelled, so the second season will be the last.

I'm not really that bothered by the news, I like it enough to keep watching it, but I won't consider it a major loss when it's finished.
The only one that has actually been confirmed is Pushing Daisies, I believe. It's a shame though, I enjoyed Eli Stone a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaningmags View Post
Imagine the speeds when it's floating at the top. But hey, shows always somehow have the best search engines, computers, internet connections and such.
Old 07-12-2008, 22:40   #763
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaningmags View Post
Yeah but people would still complain about speeds
Old 07-12-2008, 22:53   #764
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

Lol Homer and cimt, very true on both counts.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 21:35   #765
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Wolverine trailer
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote