Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 19-10-2004, 12:05   #61
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

I liked the new BSG except the documentry style camera kept making me dizzy all that wizzing around and zooming in and panning out.
Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2004, 13:25   #62
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
I liked the new BSG except the documentry style camera kept making me dizzy all that wizzing around and zooming in and panning out.
I actually liked that style, it's what helped make it a bit different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T
Then we left - but with one small difference, the population number on the whiteboard that had been dropping throughout the episode went up by one because a baby was born on board Rising Star (nice use of a name from the original series!).
Is it me but aren't a lot of the ships seen in the new series, from the original? I seem to remember a few of them.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 14:52   #63
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
I actually liked that style, it's what helped make it a bit different.

Is it me but aren't a lot of the ships seen in the new series, from the original? I seem to remember a few of them.
I think they are trying to keep some of the original stuff in it eg the ships and characters names.
Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 15:06   #64
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Yep, I definitely recognised one or two.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 17:18   #65
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
I think they are trying to keep some of the original stuff in it eg the ships and characters names.
There is a hell of a lot of similarities, The main difference is that in this series instead of the cylons wining the war that the original series was about we faught to a stalemate, then the Cylons went into hiding and came back bigger and badder than ever.

The only main differences between this and the original are...
The original war didnt go as one sided as it did in the original series.
Everyone is 50 years younger, basicly just so they could use known names from the original series.
The Galactica is smaller (At least it looks that way), though I think this was to make it look less like a crockodile and more like a millitary ship.
The colony of the 12 government seems sickeningly identical to the american Government of today.
They dont really believe Earth exists.
They have lost the Egyptian them that Galactica had in the original, shame since I liked that, it gave them a link to our past

im interested to see if they get back to Earth or not. I wonder if it is going to be like voyager with the main plot forever being about getting to Earth? or if it will be like the original where they stumble accross us and the rest of the series will be about Earth & Galactica?
Im also wondering what state we will be in technologically, will it be now? will it be the 1980's? will it be the near future? or will it be the distant future?
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 20:06   #66
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

And in other news from the bbc website here's the new dr who logo...
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2004, 12:08   #67
homealone

I've just heard about a new Sci Fi series, which should show in 2005, called Starhyke.

A bit more info at

http://www.starhyke.com/

Cast includes Rachel Grant (see brainiac reference in the 'girls you lust after' thread') http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=1502

and also Suanne Braun (played Hathor in SG1)
Old 21-12-2004, 12:34   #68
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
And in other news from the bbc website here's the new dr who logo...
Is that real? I ask because - well - it looks a bit cheap and nasty - like fan art.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2004, 15:42   #69
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueraja
Is that real? I ask because - well - it looks a bit cheap and nasty - like fan art.
It is from the official BBC site, so yup, it sure is real.
Old 02-01-2005, 21:44   #70
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueraja
I just saw an ad for the new series on the telly, and they did indeed use that logo on there too.

Sorry.
Old 02-01-2005, 21:50   #71
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
I've just heard about a new Sci Fi series, which should show in 2005, called Starhyke.

A bit more info at

http://www.starhyke.com/

Cast includes Rachel Grant (see brainiac reference in the 'girls you lust after' thread') http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=1502

and also Suanne Braun (played Hathor in SG1)
It's got to be a comedy, if this list of characters is right.
Old 02-01-2005, 22:04   #72
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Someone has *got* to be having a laugh...!
Old 02-01-2005, 22:14   #73
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

What about Dark Angel want that back on my telly.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 22:27   #74
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
You are correct...it is a comedy!
Old 02-01-2005, 22:31   #75
Mal
Inactive

Sorry