Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 15-10-2004, 16:37   #46
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Not me!I'm going to be watching the Sci fi channel for that legal series set in the near future followed by the new series of the Dead Zone on Monday.Much better story lines.

Incog.
I'm waiting for them to repeat Crusade - I missed it

Not seen The Dead Zone I must admit.... is it any good?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-10-2004, 16:50   #47
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701

Not seen The Dead Zone I must admit.... is it any good?
Well I loved the film with Christopher Walken but the lead actor in the series is doing an excellent job.There is also a good basic storyline unfolding through the last series into this one but some of the subtext plots have been excellent.The writers are very good at surprises.
Old 15-10-2004, 17:01   #48
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Well I loved the film with Christopher Walken but the lead actor in the series is doing an excellent job.There is also a good basic storyline unfolding through the last series into this one but some of the subtext plots have been excellent.The writers are very good at surprises.
It's Stephen King isn't it? - I'll try and catch a couple of episodes....

...I saw an advert for 'Hex' while I was watching Galatica last night, I think I may give that a go as well...
Old 15-10-2004, 17:03   #49
homealone

Quote:

<snip>
I don't know if it was just me being unfamiliar with the Babylon 5 genre, but I couldn't 'get into' Crusade, especially the captain, who I thought was the most wooden actor since Pinocchio.

- and the 'technomage' character was just annoying (is he Edward Woodward's son?)
Old 15-10-2004, 17:06   #50
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
I don't know if it was just me being unfamiliar with the Babylon 5 genre, but I couldn't 'get into' Crusade, especially the captain, who I thought was the most wooden actor since Pinocchio.

- and the 'technomage' character was just annoying (is he Edward Woodward's son?)
I've only really seen the pilot.... Anyway I really like my B5 and I'd like the complete set

I know it's coming out on dvd next year - but if sci fi repeat it I won't need to buy it
Old 15-10-2004, 17:07   #51
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:

I just would have liked the series to have finished as it should have.Bluddy TV moguls who have no imagination.
Old 15-10-2004, 17:21   #52
homealone

Quote:
I just would have liked the series to have finished as it should have.Bluddy TV moguls who have no imagination.
I actually stopped watching before the 'end', but yes, totally agree

- mutter mutter, Earth 2, Firefly, Jake 2.0 - humphf
Old 18-10-2004, 21:51   #53
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

So what do we think of the first episode of BSG?
Im very impressed so far, its Rather bleak & apocalyptic but then I like that
Im also very impressed with the Centurians, I was so dissappointed we didnt see more of them in the mini series movie.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 21:57   #54
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte
Im also very impressed with the Centurians, I was so dissappointed we didnt see more of them in the mini series movie.
Couldn't wait for the last ten mins huh

Actually - I quite liked it.... I must admit I like the apocolyptic stuff too....

And although I do like the new centurions - I'm also hoping there's a cameo of the old ones
Old 18-10-2004, 22:00   #55
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Couldn't wait for the last ten mins huh

Actually - I quite liked it.... I must admit I like the apocolyptic stuff too....

And although I do like the new centurions - I'm also hoping there's a cameo of the old ones
I knew there wasnt long left and I was impressed enough allready so since the PC is next to the TV I figured I would post during the last break

Well whats her face said in the movie that the old ones still have thier uses so im sure we'll see them.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 22:59   #56
homealone

Quote:
It was the first time I had seen the 'mini series' last Thursday/Friday, so that was still fresh, I enjoyed both it and the new episode
Old 18-10-2004, 23:10   #57
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Smile Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

Quote:
It was the first time I had seen the 'mini series' last Thursday/Friday, so that was still fresh, I enjoyed both it and the new episode
I just saw the mini-series last week too and I enjoyed it. I know it's too early to say, but the series seems to started off in the same style.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 00:41   #58
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

anyone watch new farscape?
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 10:35   #59
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

I was watching Century City on the Sci Fi channel.Raised a very interesting theme based on the idea of genetic profiling on unborn babies might lead to a situation where couples will specifically refuse the homosexual gene for their unborn child and a doctor who thought that this was wrong was slipping in the gene anyway where ever he could.He then got caught out and was sued for emotional distress by the parents to be.It was very thought provoking.

Incog.
Old 19-10-2004, 11:03   #60
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Damn good first episode. Blindingly good in fact. It did the bleak, post-apocalyptic thing just superbly. It's all the better because when you strip it down, what actually happened in that episode? Not an awful lot. We dropped in on a bleak situation and hung around for an hour while everyone got tired and depressed. Then we left - but with one small difference, the population number on the whiteboard that had been dropping throughout the episode went up by one because a baby was born on board Rising Star (nice use of a name from the original series!). The sheer understatement of it eclipsed anything I have seen in Star Trek for a great many years.

They also opened up a new angle that we didn't have in the original series - what happened on the colonies after the war? I can't wait to find out what turns up there.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote