Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 01-10-2004, 09:46   #16
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society
Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

= my edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
A few bits of information I have picked up today

Enterprise - S4 confirmed - but will be the last unless viewing figures improve.

Seen a mini workprint of the first looked ok and the first few eps sound interesting from what i read

Andromeda - S5 should have started filming on May 25th.
its already started airing on tv the second one is out today i think

Stargate - The Atlantis spin-off debuts on the Sci-Fi channel in July. The main series Season 8 also lauches in July. -

Atlantis 1+2 are very good after that prepare for a huge let down - SG1 s8 lacks RDA big time as hes off looking after kids but its watchable - a lot better than atlantis

Charmed - Rumoured that Season 8 will be the last, not bad considering that S7 hasn't launched yet !.

S7 is out now i think upto #3 #4 is airs on the weekend.
You missed Farscape peace keeper wars mini series - should be good i have just started watching farscape and its good i couldnt stick with andromeda but i will go back to it when farscape and voyagher s4 are finished

oh and smallville Season 4 is out now #2 was just shown

enterprise s4:
Quote:
"Storm Front" is the name of the fourth-season premiere, picking up where the bizarre cliffhanger of "Zero Hour" left off. Director of photography Marvin Rush has adopted the use of a Sony 900 digital camera, after conducting tests with it last week on the standing ship sets and some exteriors. Those tests proved that the new generation of high-definition video now easily rivals film in look as well as practicality.

"If anything, it's neck-and-neck with film. And I'm just talking about aesthetics, image to image. I'm not talking about other aspects of how easy [the digital camera] is to work with or how flexible it is," Rush told STARTREK.COM.

In two days of tests, Rush's team was able to shoot more footage than planned, in less time than budgeted. And when they showed the footage to executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, "they both walked out of the room and said basically, 'Wow, why weren't we doing this before?
Spoilers for ep 1 in white under the image so it dont p!ss people off

Start( Having mysteriously survived the destruction of the Xindi superweapon, a battered Archer awakes to find himself back on Earth in the 1940s in the custody of Nazi SS agents, and learns that Nazi-uniformed aliens have successfully helped Germany invade the United States. When he manages to break free of his captors, Archer joins forces with American resistance fighters to unravel the conspiracy behind the occupation.
Meanwhile, believing Archer sacrificed himself to save Earth, T'Pol and the battle-weary Enterprise crew attempt to figure out how to return to their own time. But then a near-dead Daniels appears and informs them that the future has been wiped out by a faction of the Temporal Cold War, the same faction responsible for the altered events on Earth, and they must be stopped.
)End:

Sounds like a good un
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2004, 09:53   #17
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars will continue the adventures of astronaut John Crichton and his intergalactic comrades. Newly engaged and expectant parents John Crichton (Ben Browder) and Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) have been chased around the galaxy and have fallen in love, and now all they want is for their baby to be born and live in peace. However, they will first have to survive an all-out galactic war between the Scarrans and the Peacekeepers as well as the myriad outlandish and unexpected surprises that have become the hallmark of this award-winning series.

Episode # 89
First Aired October 17, 2004
Production Code #MPK01/02
Writer: David Kemper and Rockne S. O'Bannon
Director: Brian Henson

COMMANDER JOHN CRICHTON (played by Ben Browder)
OFFICER AERYN SUN (played by Claudia Black)
KA D'ARGO (played by Anthony Simcoe)
CHIANA (played by Gigi Edgley)
NORANTI (played by Melissa Jaffer)
SIKOZU (played by Raelee Hill)
RYGEL (voiced by Jonathan Hardy)
Guest Starring:Paul Goddard (as Stark) Rebecca Rigg (as Commandant Mele-On Grayza) David Franklin (as Braca); Duncan Young (Emperor Staleek); Francesca Buller (War Minister Ahkna)

Peacekeeper War Trailer

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars at TVTome
Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars at Sci-Fi
Old 11-10-2004, 10:53   #18
SOSAGES
Inactive

anyone catch the new enterprise?

wasnt to bad..
Old 11-10-2004, 15:20   #19
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES

wasnt to bad..
Do you mean episode 1 from season 4?

It wouldn't be too bad if it hadn't been done so many times before and was full of plot holes and inconsistancys....

But I'm not going into details 'till it's been aired over here

Anyway - I'll see how this mini arc pans out before I REALLY say what I think... But if it carrys on this poor it will definately be the end of the series.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 21:16   #20
Graham

Quote:

wasnt to bad..
Err, when was it on???
Old 11-10-2004, 21:21   #21
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Err, when was it on???
It hasn't been on here yet - It was on UPN in america last week (with part 2) this friday.

This is why I'm not going into why I didn't like it - It would give too much away.
Old 11-10-2004, 21:50   #22
SOSAGES
Inactive

well it wasnt that bad - worth a watch
Old 11-10-2004, 22:18   #23
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
well it wasnt that bad - worth a watch
Well once they've used their desperate ploy to get more viewers by having Bent Spiner in the series in a couple of weeks - THEN I hope they manage some original stories (with my fingers crossed that they don't find the money to pay William Shatner to be in it as well)

If it was original, and we hadn't seen much the same thing before - then I think I'd have been more impressed - but yes - it is worth a watch.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:11   #24
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
It hasn't been on here yet - It was on UPN in america last week (with part 2) this friday
Well you might have mentioned that!!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:17   #25
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Well you might have mentioned that!!
It'll probably be on sky1 after Galactica finishes its run...

One day it may even be on ch4 - although I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:46   #26
SOSAGES
Inactive

or just get it like we did

even if its rubbish i will watch it so few sci fi shows these days have to watch em to get my fix.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:18   #27
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
or just get it like we did

even if its rubbish i will watch it so few sci fi shows these days have to watch em to get my fix.
Don't get me wrong - I AM looking forward to some of the storys this season

Just not the first 4 or 5 episodes is all I'm irritated with.

I wouldn't miss enterprise for the world
Old 12-10-2004, 11:35   #28
SOSAGES
Inactive

i kinda like enterprise a lot has happened in the past 3 seasons and all last season was very good as it had a story arc unlike the voyager / TNG eps who went from week to week meeting new alien almost getting killed by alien and escaping. ds9 had a good story arc and so did some of the other great sci fi / fantasy shows bab 5 farscape ds9 buffy etc, even sg1 kinda has a story but far to many random episodes of them going through the gate and something going wrong invloving time or one of them "missing" yet he/she can still see the others.
Old 13-10-2004, 00:58   #29
Graham

I have to admit that the only reason I keep watching it is sheer disbelief that it could get any worse...!
Old 13-10-2004, 09:14   #30
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
I have to admit that the only reason I keep watching it is sheer disbelief that it could get any worse...!
I think the cliffhanger from the end of Series 3 was it's lowest point

So the only way from there is up