Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Old 02-08-2018, 22:49   #661
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
looks like it MB
VM may want to pay less still given their reduced placing on the EPG.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2018, 22:51   #662
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
looks like it MB
Sounds slightly promising...
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 22:52   #663
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
looks like it MB
?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 22:54   #664
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
?
last one was 10 hours go so hopefully been progress since then I be keeping a eye on there tweets
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 23:02   #665
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
VM may want to pay less still given their reduced placing on the EPG.
Do everyone know if Virgin Media UK has sold any of the UKTV Channels numbers to an other broadcaster?

But Virgin Media may need to keep 124 to 129 free for this:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultatio...minence-regime

Ofcom says late last week: Under NEW Ofcom proposals:
*Virgin Media will be forced to promote S4C, local TV and BBC Alba (Plus make room for BBC 4 and BBC 4 HD in Scotland when BBC Scotland and BBC Scotland HD launch) up its EPG."
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:24   #666
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, I'm finding it difficult to understand what kind of programme you were looking for, then. Just looking through the Netflix Originals would give you a better choice than the terrestrials and pay tv.

Clearly, if your preference is sport, you wouldn't find anything, and if you prefer reality TV you would be better off with Hayu.

If it's quality dramas you were after, how could you miss stuff like The Crown, Bloodline, Travelers, Secret City, Seven Seconds, The Sinner, Queen of the South, Glitch, 13 Reasons Why, Ozark, House of Cards, Narcos, Mindhunter, Better Call Saul... ? The list goes on and on. Can you honestly tell me that you have as big a choice as that on the terrestrials and pay tv together, for which you are paying £40 or more when you can have all that for less than a tenner?

Have you really looked at the amazing choice on Netflix?
First of all not sure if those programs were around several years ago? That aside I wouldn't get Sky Sports,BT Sports, or programs such as Elementary, Quantico,Harrow,Carter,Shades Of Blue,Ransom,Private Eyes,Stitches,Stan Lee's Lucky Man,Chicago Fire,The Walking Dead. Add to that the many programs I watch on terrestrial TV such as Chicago PD,The Magicians, Supernatural, Gotham,Rookie Blue, Coronation Street. I really wouldn't find the time to watch anything else,assuming I could find something that grabbed my attention on Netflix.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:17   #667
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
First of all not sure if those programs were around several years ago? That aside I wouldn't get Sky Sports,BT Sports, or programs such as Elementary, Quantico,Harrow,Carter,Shades Of Blue,Ransom,Private Eyes,Stitches,Stan Lee's Lucky Man,Chicago Fire,The Walking Dead. Add to that the many programs I watch on terrestrial TV such as Chicago PD,The Magicians, Supernatural, Gotham,Rookie Blue, Coronation Street. I really wouldn't find the time to watch anything else,assuming I could find something that grabbed my attention on Netflix.
Not if you terminated your Virgin subscription and had no access to Freeview, I agree. I was really amazed at the comment that nothing could be found to watch on Netflix, that's all!
Old 03-08-2018, 09:42   #668
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not if you terminated your Virgin subscription and had no access to Freeview, I agree. I was really amazed at the comment that nothing could be found to watch on Netflix, that's all!
It's all about opinions and as I said it was several years ago when I had a 3 month free trial of Netflix through my Virgin box. I'm no longer with Virgin but maybe if Sky ever get a Netflix app I might be tempted to try again or I buy a new TV with the Netflix app.
It's good that we all have different opinions, it makes life more interesting,don't you agree?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:03   #669
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

The tone of the tweets has deffo changed

"We have been listening to all viewer feedback and continue to talk to Virgin"

"At the moment there’s no news but we are continuing discussions with Virgin. Thank you for your support, our loyal viewers like yourself mean the world to us"

"Currently there’s no news but we are continuing discussions with Virgin"
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:52   #670
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
The tone of the tweets has deffo changed

"We have been listening to all viewer feedback and continue to talk to Virgin"

"At the moment there’s no news but we are continuing discussions with Virgin. Thank you for your support, our loyal viewers like yourself mean the world to us"

"Currently there’s no news but we are continuing discussions with Virgin"
Be a laugh if VM do end up getting all the channels back, after having lost many customers and given extra discounts !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:57   #671
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Indeed it would and these customers are unlikely to ever come back now that they have been made aware of the insecurity of the platform. Statistically they will also tell far more people about their negative experience with Virgin Media than people who had a good experience.

Even if VM achieve some of what they wanted, it will have cost them dearly.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:21   #672
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Indeed it would and these customers are unlikely to ever come back now that they have been made aware of the insecurity of the platform. Statistically they will also tell far more people about their negative experience with Virgin Media than people who had a good experience.

This whole mess might have highlighted to some that Yesterday/Drama are on Freeview (along with a lot of other channels) and they don't have to pay for the ones they actually watch. VM certainly won't get those customers back !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 13:44   #673
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

The missing Sky channels a while back did not cause the earthquake you are predicting and it won't happen this time either, no matter how much some are willing this to happen.

Life will go on, and Virgin will survive to fight another day. And Virgin will have shown that it is not a pushover for content providers to take advantage of.
Old 03-08-2018, 13:49   #674
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

I would imagine no one is winning in this battle. VM have lost a lot of customers. did anyone get a discount? I sent an angry email in but just got an apology not a discount. Maybe i need to use certain words if anyone can help....

As for UKTV they've been acting quite aggressive and dismissive but the advertisement loss will soon bite into them won't it? Its not like they have BSKYB deep pockets to deal with like when the sky channels went off air. This will start to hurt them just as much if not already
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 13:53   #675
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I would imagine no one is winning in this battle. VM have lost a lot of customers. did anyone get a discount? I sent an angry email in but just got an apology not a discount. Maybe i need to use certain words if anyone can help....

As for UKTV they've been acting quite aggressive and dismissive but the advertisement loss will soon bite into them won't it? Its not like they have BSKYB deep pockets to deal with like when the sky channels went off air. This will start to hurt them just as much if not already
I think UKTV are now in damage limitation mode. I don't think they can afford not to be on the Virgin platform.