Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2018, 20:21   #4591
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
It's not like being behind is exclusive to streaming, when i had BTSport i used to see champions league goals getting posted on reddit before they'd happened on my screen watching the normal HD channels.

If you watch any sport in HD you will find it is behind the SD equivalent.

Satellite was always slightly behind terrestrial tv as well.
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2018, 13:02   #4592
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

New streaming and on demand service GolfTV to launch outside the US next year.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/20181023...#axzz5UkcPd0t4
Old 23-10-2018, 17:59   #4593
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
New streaming and on demand service GolfTV to launch outside the US next year.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/20181023...#axzz5UkcPd0t4
Diehard fans might go for it but not many more will.
Old 23-10-2018, 20:28   #4594
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Diehard fans might go for it but not many more will.
Not for me it hasn't got Bruce Willis in it!
Old 25-10-2018, 11:45   #4595
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

The new Apple SVOD service may be the next big scripted streaming giant to launch in the UK sometime next year. It will be interesting to see whether Apple TV will be made available also through Virgin Media and Sky.

If so, this is certainly something to look forward to, particularly with the Starz and HBO add-ons, although the latter will probably be pay per view only, given Sky's contract with HBO.

https://advanced-television.com/2018...ng-early-2019/
Old 25-10-2018, 12:16   #4596
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

This app world you keep telling us about sure is going to work out expensive for those of us who like a selection of content across many broadcasters.
Old 25-10-2018, 12:29   #4597
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
This app world you keep telling us about sure is going to work out expensive for those of us who like a selection of content across many broadcasters.
It sure is MM..
Old 25-10-2018, 12:49   #4598
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Only if we continue to subscribe to the scheduled pay-tv channels. I think you will find that before much longer, cable subscribers will be offered a choice between keeping their existing arrangements or subscribing instead to streaming services only. That would be a cheaper option all in all, with much better choice.
Old 25-10-2018, 13:13   #4599
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

So with my subscription I currently watch shows and movies from Sky , NBC Universal , ABC , Fox , HBO , Showtime , Disney , Warner Bros , Paramount , Viacom , UKTV , Discovery , Nat Geo plus much much more.

How much is this liable to cost me when I have to subscribe separately considering I currently get all the above for around £30.
Old 25-10-2018, 13:43   #4600
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
So with my subscription I currently watch shows and movies from Sky , NBC Universal , ABC , Fox , HBO , Showtime , Disney , Warner Bros , Paramount , Viacom , UKTV , Discovery , Nat Geo plus much much more.

How much is this liable to cost me when I have to subscribe separately considering I currently get all the above for around £30.
Well put, it will end up costing us a fortune if we end up having to sub to each individual suppliers app. I'd rather stay with what we already have.

Last edited by alwaysabear; 25-10-2018 at 15:10.
Old 25-10-2018, 13:48   #4601
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

A quite considerable amount more then you are currently paying but its alright as l am sure OB will pay for all our separate subscriptions.
Old 25-10-2018, 14:10   #4602
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

But that's part of a deal, right? What is the full cost for what you are getting outside of this special offer? That's what you should be comparing with. There will be offers with streaming services as well, as demonstrated with the Sky Netflix arrangements.

Certainly to date my streaming services cost rather less than the digital channels do. As I said, it's only if you take both, as we do now in this house, that it works out more expensive.

You mustn't forget also that not all streaming services would be to your liking, so you wouldn't get them all. Given the amount of material on each service, you could decide, for example, to subscribe to Netflix for a couple of years (or even months) and then go to Amazon for a period. The absence of minimum contract periods would enable a lot of switching to take place, if you wanted to keep bills low.

We have yet to see how sports streaming works out, however. Early days yet.
Old 25-10-2018, 14:14   #4603
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Your current streaming services aren't really a great comparison as broadcasters remove their content you'll be forced with less and less choice on them. Netflix and Amazon currently offer third party content in just the same way Sky and Virgin do. What happens when Disney, Fox , Comcast etc remove their content and your forced to pay more to get the same content.
Old 25-10-2018, 14:14   #4604
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A quite considerable amount more then you are currently paying but its alright as l am sure OB will pay for all our separate subscriptions.
Except that when you do like for like comparisons, the streaming services are very good value for money. Now TV provides a good example of the savings that will be achievable. I saved £10 per month just on the Sky Cinema pack with Now TV when I cancelled that part of my subscription with Virgin.
Old 25-10-2018, 14:16   #4605
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Except that when you do like for like comparisons, the streaming services are very good value for money. Now TV provides a good example of the savings that will be achievable. I saved £10 per month just on the Sky Cinema pack with Now TV when I cancelled that part of my subscription with Virgin.
I pay £5 per month for Sky Cinema HD as part of my package. A package that was advertised on Sky's website for a limited time.
Closed Thread