Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The X Files is back!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The X Files is back!

Old 11-01-2018, 04:07   #46
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The X Files is back!

So er, episode one easily ranks amongst the worst episodes of the entire franchise. I had to check fan reaction to check it wasn't me just being a knob but nope, the consensus is pretty much the same, it was a stinking pile of crap. Literally riding the $ and Nostalgia train. There's still hope that everything Carter didn't touch will be good though, we'll see after tonight's episode.

Given that I ranted about the previous seasons MoW episode, I find myself wanting that more than the 40 different angles and close ups of a Ford Mustang.

---------- Post added at 03:07 ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 ----------

Episode 2 is far better.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 11-01-2018 at 03:19.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2018, 09:03   #47
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I enjoyed it and wouldn't say it was the WORST.

The final couple of series in the final run were far worse.
Old 11-01-2018, 20:55   #48
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Aren't they a bit Mouldy and Skunky now ?!
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 23:16   #49
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

There's still plenty of life in it. Just not in anything Carter writes nowadays or late into the original run. There's not been a bad episode besides the first in both my own opinion and general consensus. The fifth is a myth-arc episode that isn't written or directed by Carter and it's fine, it works.

2,3 and 4 are great episodes. 4 is a standout.
Old 08-02-2018, 23:23   #50
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am still working my way through the originals, i am half way through season 6 atm.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:02   #51
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

This weeks episode (E06) has been the best of season 11 so far, at least IMO.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:28   #52
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Will there be an X-Files without Gillian Anderson? Recently, creator Chris Carter spoke with Digital Spy about the future of the FOX TV show.

As reported earlier, the sci-fi drama’s 11th season will be the last for Anderson. The cast also includes David Duchovny, Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, Annabeth Gish, Lauren Ambrose, Robbie Amell, Veronica Cartwright, Chris Owens, and Dean Haglund.

In the interview, Carter revealed he thinks The X-Files has more story to tell, with or without Anderson’s Dana Scully.

“I think that certainly The X-Files has more life in it, there are more stories to tell, with Gillian or without. I’m sorry to see her go, I’ve never actually considered doing this show without her, so is this the end?

It’s the end of something, I don’t know if it’s the beginning of something new. But certainly we will have to all put our heads together and figure out where to go from here.”

And what about the end of season 11? Will it be a series finale? Will there be a conclusion for Scully? Carter says:

“It’s a culmination of the ten episodes and it’s a culmination of a storyline. I can tell you that it involves their son, who they’ve always considered to be their son, revelations there. It will certainly be looked upon as a cliffhanger of sorts, but also an episode that answers so many questions.”
I am only half way through season 6 atm so I don't know what the new stuff is like but I would like to think it can go on for a few more seasons. As with all long running series like SG1 and Grey's Anatomy they introduce new cast members to keep it fresh so I would like to think they can come up with a fantastic story for Scully's departure which pays tribute to the character whilst at the same time introducing somebody new who can offer a different dynamic to the Mulder-Scully relationship.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 19:23   #53
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I am only half way through season 6 atm so I don't know what the new stuff is like but I would like to think it can go on for a few more seasons. As with all long running series like SG1 and Grey's Anatomy they introduce new cast members to keep it fresh so I would like to think they can come up with a fantastic story for Scully's departure which pays tribute to the character whilst at the same time introducing somebody new who can offer a different dynamic to the Mulder-Scully relationship.
This happened briefly with the X-files already, Duchovny dispute etc and the show tanked. Sadly those ideas just won't work with this show, it's a cult classic. I'm confident they could run the show with a solo lead in Duchovny if they wanted to and still make it good. I just don't believe they should head down that route again and add an entirely new partner for Mulder. They should just expand on Miller and Einstein more to fill in a handful of episodes per season and have Mulder run solo in Mythology episodes and the other handful of Monster of the week episodes.

If they pulled off successful reactions to Miller and Einstein episodes they could seriously pass the torch over and continue into a modern day X-files using the old format with those two lead characters. The same way you make/reboot movies like Jumanji. It'll not be the old cult classic of old, which is what we're clinging to now, but at least the transition would be smooth.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 09-02-2018 at 19:28.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote