Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 25-04-2013, 19:06   #4096
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Iron Man 3

Loved it

IMO...Better than Iron Man 1 & 2, but not quite as good as The Avengers.

The Avengers > Iron Man 3 > Iron Man 1 > other MCU films.

Great fun, great action, and also bloody hilarious in places.

RDJ is awesome as always, while Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley are both excellent. It was good too to see Pearce have a decent sized role again.

Make sure you stay for the obligatory post-credits scene!

9.5/10
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2013, 19:08   #4097
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Iron Man 3

Loved it

IMO...Better than Iron Man 1 & 2, but not quite as good as The Avengers.

The Avengers > Iron Man 3 > Iron Man 1 > other MCU films.

Great fun, great action, and also bloody hilarious in places.

RDJ is awesome as always, while Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley are both excellent. It was good too to see Pearce have a decent sized role again.

Make sure you stay for the obligatory post-credits scene!

9.5/10
Hoping to see it tomorrow in 3D/IMAX.

I thought Ironman 1 was way better than 2, but felt a bit let down with the Avengers. Really looking forward to this one though.
Old 25-04-2013, 19:14   #4098
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I enjoyed Iron Man 2, but I don't think it was anywhere near as good as the first.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 20:49   #4099
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Iron Man 3 9/10

Outstandingly brilliant. I think the new director has brought a lot to the third movie and the humor has been increased a lot. Ben Kingsley was fab and had me in stitches.

Way better than IM2 for sure.

Post credit scene was well worth staying for very funny and unexpected too. Well I knew there was one as usual but didn't expect who was in it.

I thought the 3D was ok even though it was only a post conversion. D-Box at Cineworld also added a whole new dimension to the film. Feeling every bump and gunshot and movement when Tony was flying
Old 27-04-2013, 11:31   #4100
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I went to see oblivion last night. It was not bad.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:30   #4101
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

A Haunted House 1/10 Awful, unfunny.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:58   #4102
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Jack Reacher - 7/10.

Enjoyable.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:49   #4103
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Finally got round to watching Argo, It was OK 6/10

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 22:38   #4104
tizmeinnit

Star Trek into Darkness very good film with issues. Do not read spoiler if you have any interest

Spoiler: 
Khan !!! problem is though they tried to put the whole story into the movie where it was a series episode and of course WoK. Kirk going into the core Spock shouting Khan felt a little bit wrong to me but still a good film
Old 09-05-2013, 23:18   #4105
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Star Trek into Darkness very good film with issues. Do not read spoiler if you have any interest

Spoiler: 
Khan !!! problem is though they tried to put the whole story into the movie where it was a series episode and of course WoK. Kirk going into the core Spock shouting Khan felt a little bit wrong to me but still a good film
Star Trek Into Darkness 9/10

Loved it.

Whole film felt the right length and a very good Trek movie. Loved the little nods to the original series. Nurse Chapel got a mention. Not gonna mention any spoilers though but I liked what they did with the character.

Klingons looked a little odd.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:53   #4106
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Star trek into darkness 7/10. (IMAX/3d)
(the 1st one I'd give 8.5/10).

I found the story was just a-b with nothing inbetween. Another one I could sum up in a couple of seconds. I enjoyed it but it's quite a forgettable film at the same time. I came out feeling a little disappointed.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:01   #4107
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

EVIL DEAD - 8/10

As remakes of old horror films go this one was quite good.

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:15   #4108
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycoSymz View Post
EVIL DEAD - 8/10

As remakes of old horror films go this one was quite good.
Yes l watched the original which was brilliant in my humble opinion.
Old 16-05-2013, 15:04   #4109
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Iron Man 3 (Imax 3D) - Great film way better than IM2 8.5/10

Star Trek Into Darkness (Imax 3D) - Loved it! 9/10
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 15:10   #4110
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
Iron Man 3 (Imax 3D) - Great film way better than IM2 8.5/10

Star Trek Into Darkness (Imax 3D) - Loved it! 9/10
Yes l am looking forward to seeing both these films in time as the clips l have seen so far of them look good.