Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Does the V6 restore clipped planned reco5dings if it can susequently do so?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Does the V6 restore clipped planned reco5dings if it can susequently do so?

Old 12-01-2020, 00:00   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Does the V6 restore clipped planned reco5dings if it can susequently do so?

When checking Planned Recordings, I sometimes find some entries that it has had to clip, so manually sort it out.

I was wondering, as I regularly cancel some entries that it has picked up that I don't want it to record, does it ever trawl through Planned Recordings and restore any clipped programmes where it is subsequently able to do so?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2020, 09:35   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Does the V6 restore clipped planned reco5dings if it can susequently do so?

No - a clipped recording is a valid recording.

To do what you want you don't cancel the V6 selected record which actually cancels the episode completely - but find a later airing and select that as a recording.

If you regularly schedule six or more recordings then you may be better getting a second box and split them up.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:47   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I think Richard means he intentionally cancels some planned recordings because he doesn't want those episodes at all. In which case, I'm pretty sure any clipping that was predicted won't happen.

It's easy enough to test this. Do it, then come back a bit later and see whether the "will be clipped" marker has been removed.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:32   #4
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I understood that MPR was reporting there was going to be a 'clip'.
If you cancel an item to prevent the 'clip' it is a total cancellation and it will NOT reschedule that programme/episode.
You have to manually find a later slot for that episode to record from and doing that will remove the item from the clipped slot.
If you get a clip and cancel a different programme to prevent the clip then the recording will no longer clip - unless another programme slots due to the 6 tuner clash.

Note that sometimes the 'will be clipped' warning may take a little while to clear.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 16:02   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks, i'll test this next time it happens.
Old 13-01-2020, 14:12   #6
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Will it not be easier to use the other option, I forget the actual wording but record the next available episode instead of clipping?

That's how I'm set up, I don't see the point in watching something if I'm going to miss the start or finish. I'd rather wait a few days and let the V6 pick up the next one. If it's something you absolutely want recorded first time around then bump it up the series link priority list
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 19:36   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Will it not be easier to use the other option, I forget the actual wording but record the next available episode instead of clipping?

That's how I'm set up, I don't see the point in watching something if I'm going to miss the start or finish. I'd rather wait a few days and let the V6 pick up the next one. If it's something you absolutely want recorded first time around then bump it up the series link priority list
What I do at the moment is check if any recordings are to be clipped after i've deleted any planned recordings that I don't want. If this would still result in a clip I search for the next showing and set that up to record instead.

If the V6 does record a clipped programme, will it also record a repeat showing if it is available to allow a complete recording? I've always assumed that it wouldn't, but could be wrong!
Old 13-01-2020, 20:13   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If the V6 does record a clipped programme, will it also record a repeat showing if it is available to allow a complete recording? I've always assumed that it wouldn't, but could be wrong!
No, it won't.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 14:13   #9
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
What I do at the moment is check if any recordings are to be clipped after i've deleted any planned recordings that I don't want. If this would still result in a clip I search for the next showing and set that up to record instead.

I see, it certainly sounds like you're doing a lot of work yourself.

It may be worth doing a test to see if getting rid of clipping is better for you.
When you have a quiet spell of no recordings going on, change the setting and let the box rearrange your planned recordings and see if it helps.
Old 14-01-2020, 17:56   #10
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks for the advice
Old 15-01-2020, 14:06   #11
Joedm45
cf.geek

Quote:
Thanks for the advice
No worries,let us know how you get on