Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media DNS

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Alternate method of cancelling VM?

Old 01-04-2019, 07:02   #1
Mr Move It
Inactive

Services: 10Mbit Virgin broadband, formerly NTL
Mr Move It is an unknown quantity at this point
Alternate method of cancelling VM?

I'm in the process of moving from cable to a having a normal BT phone line installed.

The only option that I can see is to call 0345 454 1111. I struggle to use a phone as I'm profoundly deaf. In the couple of times that I had to use tech support, I was able to arrange the call-outs through this forum as there are VM employees on here.

I'm aware that I need to give 30 days notice when cancelling. I believe I'm not in any 12 or 18 month contract as I'm an old customer from the NTL days and it became VM when the companies merged around 2006.

Much appreciated if anyone can advise please.
Mr Move It is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2019, 09:09   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Alternate method of cancelling VM?

Does this help, especially section 6?
https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...ty-policy.html
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 00:41   #3
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

If u have a Virgin Media shop in your town\city u could try calling in there and ask for their help.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:38   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
If u have a Virgin Media shop in your town\city u could try calling in there and ask for their help.
They will be happy to hand over a landline phone to the customer to call 0345 454 1111
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:43   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You could try the Next Generation Text Relay app, as that's available on computers and smartphones:
https://www.ngts.org.uk/

This works for all departments as it uses an hearing operator to call Virgin Media.

Alternatively you could try the Virgin Media Text service that's mentioned on this page using any mobile phone:
https://www.virginmedia.com/accessibility/virgin-phone

However I'm not sure if that currently covers the cancellation teams or whether it's a Customer Services team only.
Old 05-04-2019, 15:25   #6
Mr Move It
Inactive

Thanks for the replies peeps. I used the text relay service from the link and managed to cancel from there and got a disconnection date.

The service from VM has always been excellent so I'm only cancelling because of costs. It's not just VM, but rather trying to sort out my utility bills across the board, and insurance etc.
Old 05-04-2019, 17:03   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Move It View Post
Thanks for the replies peeps. I used the text relay service from the link and managed to cancel from there and got a disconnection date.

The service from VM has always been excellent so I'm only cancelling because of costs. It's not just VM, but rather trying to sort out my utility bills across the board, and insurance etc.
I would expect them to contact you with a deal to try to make you stay. They used to try and do this at this time of cancellation, but they now seem to be letting people cancel and then contacting them during their notice period. AFAIK they normally ring you, which might be problematic for those with hearing difficulties.

They recently did this with a family member who had had enough of the continuous price rises, but it backfired because she had already made other arrangements with Now TV who were even cheaper than the VM price before the increase!

For £25 a month she gets broadband (less speed than VM, but plenty for her requirements), free 24/7 landline calls (was only weekends with VM) and free Sky entertainment for six months. All with no contract and they will pay for the installation of the landline:

https://www.nowtv.com/broadband
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 22:56   #8
Mr Move It
Inactive

Right you are Richard!

I had two missed calls from 0800 0526 735. Put it in Google and it showed comments along the lines of VM trying to talk customers out of their cancellation requests.

I just won't answer if that number rings again.
Old 17-05-2019, 17:59   #9
ollie764
Inactive

ollie764 is an unknown quantity at this point

Certainly worth considering NOW TV for broadband and phone. Current prices are from £18p/m for broadband and £25p/m for fibre. There's no activation fees or router delivery charges. FREE anytime calls are included for as long as you remain a NOW TV Broadband customer. A one-off £50 fee is required for the no contract package. Most useful review I've found so far is at https://broadbandinternetuk.com/broa...mbo-review.php which I heard about on BBC Radio 2.
ollie764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 18:33   #10
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post

They will just say phone up
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote