Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What do you think ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What do you think ?

Old 24-07-2007, 20:40   #1
ClockworK
Inactive

ClockworK is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you think ?

Hi all
Ok after reading loads of posts and stickies etc., This is what I need to do :

I have VM 20mb B/B into house behind TV, (Router needed here.)
Xbox 360 into router.
Cable from router upstairs to PC in back bedroom (Have bought cable)

OK, so I am looking at the BEFSR41 router , but have read somewhere else about it not liking 20mb B/B. ? Anyone know anything about this ?

Or would I be better off buying the WRT54GS ? Can this be used for both wired and wireless ?

Any advice/info apreciated
Cheers
Vance
ClockworK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-07-2007, 21:16   #2
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy
Re: What do you think ?

A lot of people on here have WRT54GS routers (including me). Its a good router, no issues with it at all. Mind you i do run the DD-WRT firmware rather than the Linksys firmware (as do a lot of people)
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 16:37   #3
ClockworK
Inactive

ClockworK is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: What do you think ?

OK so I bought the wrt54gs-uk and it was a breeze to install, I have both Xbox and PC on it at the min, (both wired.) But I am puzzled why I cant See the router on my PC, IE, its not in My computer or anywhere else. Shouldnt I be able to see the router so that I can change settings etc ? And should I now be looking to change the Firmware and if so anyone have any recommendations ?
Cheers
Vance
ClockworK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 16:59   #4
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What do you think ?

You access the router's config via a web browser... just open it up and navigate to http://192.168.1.1 and it should open up the config page for you.

Can't remember what the default admin password is on the Linksys firmware, as I use dd-wrt like W&C, but Google will tell you (or the manual will if you haven't binned it).
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote