Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SB4200 + 20Mbs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

SB4200 + 20Mbs

Old 28-07-2007, 16:48   #1
Trox
Inactive

Trox is an unknown quantity at this point
SB4200 + 20Mbs

Hi there, First post!

I've had the SB4200 for around 4 years now and im wondering how good this is.

I have been upgraded to the 20Mbs connection from 10Mbs and i have noticed that on speedtest.net i can never achieve the download result speeds i should be getting, it seems to always sit on the 6 to 7Mbs mark.

If im using groups with multi connections it does bring down the full 20Mbs almost, so im wondering if its the modem at fault or if its just the speedtest.net website hitting its cap, but then i have seen people on telewest BB achieving maximum 20Mbs on speedtest.net.

Cheers for the info
Trox

(Hope this is the correct forum)
Trox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2007, 16:55   #2
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: SB4200 + 20Mbs

I had the SB4100, and I had to change to the ntl255 to get full 20Mbps.

to cable forum.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 16:57   #3
Trox
Inactive

Cheers for the welcome lol

Hmm im wondering if i should call them up and ask about it. I have just check the modem logs and noticed this...

Its not updating ?
Old 28-07-2007, 23:32   #4
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

No, that's a standard message in the SB range, you need to look at the line that deals with a TFTP file, which should show it works.

I think, and I am sure that somebody here could either prove me wrong or back me up is that the SB4*** range modems don't work well with the QAS 256 upgrade to the VM UBR's, and therefore has a problem with the 20Mbps speed increase.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 00:23   #5
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

the SB4200 is capable of the new speeds, it's just the SB4100 that needs replacing

at least that's what this tells you

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 01:13   #6
Trox
Inactive

Thanks looks like im fine with what i have then

Who was unlucky enough to get one of those? lol, I would have sent them packing!