Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK Intelligence report in to Russian interference in UK Elections/Scottish Referendum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

UK Intelligence report in to Russian interference in UK Elections/Scottish Referendum

Old 24-07-2020, 16:13   #136
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: UK Intelligence report in to Russian interference in UK Elections/Scottish Refere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
News Paper stories don't cut it for me and never have.
whilst everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt newspapers have a responsibility to report the news and it will be based on fact with sources and "evidence" to back it up. Most news outlets, paper or tv, have a rule that they have to have two independent verifiable sources before they will report a story. The only one I know that only requires one source is Sky News.

Quote:
Note when I say evidence, I mean evidence that the accused have been charged and convicted of a criminal offence
being convicted of a criminal offence isn't evidence of wrong doing, it is judicial process of holding somebody to account for breaking the law and "evidence" such as that of what journalists collate to report the news is used to prove the prosecutions argument. Just because somebody hasn't been caught and prosecuted for a crime doesn't mean that they are not guilty of it or did not commit the crime. In contrast, we are all too well aware that in countries like North Korea, Russia and Iran people are convicted of crimes without any evidence at all so does the fact that they have been convicted because a judge said "you did it" mean that is sufficient "evidence" for you of a crime?

Btw, if I won the euromillions I would happily pay £135,000 for some quality one on one time with Bojo.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-07-2020, 16:24   #137
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: UK Intelligence report in to Russian interference in UK Elections/Scottish Refere

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

being convicted of a criminal offence isn't evidence of wrong doing, it is judicial process of holding somebody to account for breaking the law and "evidence" such as that of what journalists collate to report the news is used to prove the prosecutions argument. Just because somebody hasn't been caught and prosecuted for a crime doesn't mean that they are not guilty of it or did not commit the crime. In contrast, we are all too well aware that in countries like North Korea, Russia and Iran people are convicted of crimes without any evidence at all so does the fact that they have been convicted because a judge said "you did it" mean that is sufficient "evidence" for you of a crime?
You need to study law and as the law applies to this country, the UK, I couldn't give a toss about North Korea or how Russia applies theirs, this is not the topic.

Have we forgot around here that in this country, you are innocent until proven guilty?

My point stands, you cannot label someone or an entity criminals, unless those parties have been convicted and sentenced appropriately. You infer that someone is a criminal when they have not faced a judicial judgement, then you and others open yourselves up to libel claims.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 16:36   #138
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You need to study law and as the law applies to this country, the UK, I couldn't give a toss about North Korea or how Russia applies theirs, this is not the topic.

Have we forgot around here that in this country, you are innocent until proven guilty?

My point stands, you cannot label someone or an entity criminals, unless those parties have been convicted and sentenced appropriately. You infer that someone is a criminal when they have not faced a judicial judgement, then you and others open yourselves up to libel claims.
Errm, Hilary Clinton? You didn't apply the same criteria there, and she was never even charged with anything !
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 16:45   #139
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Errm, Hilary Clinton? You didn't apply the same criteria there, and she was never even charged with anything !
Yes by a bent investigation by bent cops in the FBI.

I am certain, I have never labelled her a "criminal", on the other hand, yes I have used and continue to use "Crooked" as in "evil", "dishonest", absolutely.
Old 24-07-2020, 17:03   #140
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes by a bent investigation by bent cops in the FBI.

I am certain, I have never labelled her a "criminal", on the other hand, yes I have used and continue to use "Crooked" as in "evil", "dishonest", absolutely.
In your opinion or as the result of a criminal conviction of said 'bent cops'?
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 17:28   #141
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
In your opinion or as the result of a criminal conviction of said 'bent cops'?
A DOJ investigation is still ongoing, I couldn't possibly speak beyond the scope of their investigation(s). Though those bent cops are no longer in their professions due to their transgressions that killed their careers in their tracks.

Mr K, playing stupid games are we, I ain't dancing to your warped tune(s).

Back on topic.
Old 24-07-2020, 22:52   #142
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Would it be better if we started buying into/investing in Russian businesses in order to help our economy somewhat, and maybe lessen their need to spy on us?

or would they carry on spying on us (everybody) anyway?
They'll spy anyway. It's the difference between trading on their terms and on ours.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 01:50   #143
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Since when didn't we realise they spy on us and we spy on them? The UK set up the first ever spy network allegedly, guess who against?( OK Germany first Russia second)
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 14:12   #144
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Since when didn't we realise they spy on us and we spy on them? The UK set up the first ever spy network allegedly, guess who against?( OK Germany first Russia second)
Spying is seen as more acceptable than social media farms, donations to political parties and poisonings though.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 18:59   #145
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

We live in a world where spying on you and your activities, gathering info on your lifestyle and preferences, and attempts to lead you by the nose through every day are common.

Those pesky Ruskies are only part of it
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote