Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2019/2020 Football

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2019/2020 Football

Old 03-07-2019, 10:21   #61
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Season 2019/2020

Leicester triggered a 30m release clause in the contract of Ayoze Perez. This would still be valid throughout a takeover and Joselu's move is still on hold.

You couldn't make this crap up.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:15   #62
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Lampard appointed Chelsea boss.

Maybe they'll back him and stop rotating managers every season. Might be the same approach Man United take as both clubs look at building for the long term.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:32   #63
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Lampard appointed Chelsea boss.

Maybe they'll back him and stop rotating managers every season. Might be the same approach Man United take as both clubs look at building for the long term.
Well it remains to be seen if both clubs are building for the long term especially if they have a poor run of results and the usual player power revolts that come with it given the trigger happy ability of both clubs to sack managers when the going gets tough in these past few years.
Old 05-07-2019, 00:01   #64
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Back of the Net, a weekly studio entertainment show about the Premier League, will launch this summer coinciding with the beginning of the new football season through to Amazon Prime Video’s exclusive live broadcast of matches in December 2019. Episodes of Back of the Net will be released on Tuesdays after each Premier League round.

Hosted by a team of three: professional footballer Peter Crouch, comedian John Bishop and broadcast presenter Gabby Logan. Each week the team will be joined by a live studio audience, and a mix of celebrity and football guests. They will look back at the latest matches and forward to the next, with humorous debate on the big talking points, and with a few games along the way. Back of the Net will also include features with football’s greatest names telling hilarious stories and revealing the secret talents of heroes from the sport world.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 20:56   #65
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Man United to submit first bid for Longstaff. Reckon it'll be about 15m but they'll take no less than 20 and likely get it for 25m. Edit: Newcastle are going to ask for £50 million. When's Elon Musk going to Mars? https://www.skysports.com/football/n...from-newcastle

Newcastle United are imploding. I don't even know what to say anymore. Niel Redfearn has gone from 50/1 to favourite as manager and I have no words. I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes but even with two relegations and Joe Kinnear. I've never been as worried about being a Newcastle fan as I am right now.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 05-07-2019 at 21:01.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 20:25   #66
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Apparently, Newcastle are in talks with Steve Bruce to take over as manager. This is from what I have seen on Twitter just now, trending. Apparently fans don't want Bruce in charge as he managed rivals Sunderland.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 20:26   #67
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon View Post
Apparently, Newcastle are in talks with Steve Bruce to take over as manager. This is from what I have seen on Twitter just now, trending. Apparently fans don't want Bruce in charge as he managed rivals Sunderland.
Yes l have heard this and one suspect adzii on here is not too enamoured by this thrilling prospect.
Old 09-07-2019, 20:45   #68
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Steve Bruce is Championship standard at best. I like Newcastle and they deserve better than him (and Ashley). They may as well plan for relegation now if he gets the gig for the full season.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 20:53   #69
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Bruce doesn't matter. If a takeover can't go through which right now we're assuming it isn't via BZG's cryptic tweet, then the club will implode. The fan base is falling apart at the minute.

Newcastle fans aren't going to be bothered about Bruce because they're not going to around to see the fallout.

Anyway at 7pm tonight multiple groups announced a boycott for the Arsenal game. Already had early figures showing they've lost 10,000 season ticket renewals. I can't join in as bar that 5th placed season. I'd already started avoiding the club.

I've been silent because I'm speechless. BZG announced they'd completed everything yesterday but then went onto say if it doesn't get done then both parties tried. So you either haven't completed everything or Mike's having none of it.

They warned the fat man. If Rafa went then they went. Speaking of which. He's now starting to throw digs at Ashley and Lee Charnley. Also we already expected relegation if there was no forthcoming takeover. Ashley if continuing wants to continue his tried and tested formula. The mistake he made was letting someone bigger than Keegan in the building and letting the fans rally behind him. Idiots. I'm about done with all things Newcastle until he's gone. I'd rather watch Anthony Joshua get chinned by a podgy Mexican every weekend.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 09-07-2019 at 21:06.
Old 12-07-2019, 15:24   #70
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Barcelona splashing the cash again...

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre
Old 15-07-2019, 12:48   #71
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Steve Bruce is thought to have resigned from Sheffield Wednesday after Newcastle United refused to pay the clubs compensation demand.

Disgusting stuff from Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley. I hope Sheffield don't just take it on the chin.

Edit: It's official. What a horrible set of people. Now all part of the same rotten football club.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 15-07-2019 at 14:08.
Old 15-07-2019, 13:46   #72
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

hmmm . . . If Ashley refuses to pay the cash to get the manager he wants, then said manager (Bruce) should have an idea of the situation he'd be stepping into . . . and would hopefully have been wise enough to stay at Shef Weds.

but that's football for ya
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 14:01   #73
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
hmmm . . . If Ashley refuses to pay the cash to get the manager he wants, then said manager (Bruce) should have an idea of the situation he'd be stepping into . . . and would hopefully have been wise enough to stay at Shef Weds.

but that's football for ya
A bigger salary one suspects.
Old 15-07-2019, 14:12   #74
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

The lowest paid Premier League manager. The whole situation is disgraceful.

The way the glazers bought Man United and how they currently run it and the way Mike Ashley runs Newcastle United are examples of why the PL needs more authority on how clubs are run and a far better fit and proper persons test.

The state of the Newcastle fan base just got worse.
Old 17-07-2019, 07:15   #75
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Really Ole building your team around Pogba and Sanchez is a plan doomed to disaster as you don't seemed to have learned anything from last seasons chaos.

https://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...sanchez/169075