Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 19-11-2013, 12:20   #46
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would pay for Sky Movies.
Erm... those who watch Movies often and like the content available. Over the last month I have been able to watch Zero Dark Thirty, Life of Pi, Les Miserables, and Argo.

These are not available on any other streaming services and would cost me more than the Sky Movies subscription to buy on BluRay.
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2013, 13:33   #47
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
Erm... those who watch Movies often and like the content available. Over the last month I have been able to watch Zero Dark Thirty, Life of Pi, Les Miserables, and Argo.

These are not available on any other streaming services and would cost me more than the Sky Movies subscription to buy on BluRay.
I agree with you that the content on Sky Movies is good, but I do think they are over-charging. It will be interesting to see what the Netflix subscriptions look like when the contracts between Sky and the films studios come up for renewal.

Assuming, of course, that Netflix win some of those exclusivity deals as they say they will.
Old 19-11-2013, 14:23   #48
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeskydish View Post
I've got a great choice now by keeping Lovefilm and having netflix, cheaper than Skymovies and a great choice of content. I have haven't decided which one I prefer. The revamp on Lovefilm for streaming has been good, but having netflix played directly from my Tivo to me provides slightly better quality.
I am in the same boat. Decided to phone up and cancel LoveFilm but they game me free access till the end of February so I'll give them till then to get an app on TiVO, if they don't I'll probably cancel.
Old 19-11-2013, 14:24   #49
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Well if it works for you that's good.
Old 19-11-2013, 15:26   #50
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Indeed its all about choice and what preference people have at the end of the day.
Old 19-11-2013, 16:32   #51
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Life of PI is on Netflix Canada but i do agree with you Sky Movies is good value for people who enjoy movies. I watch quite a few movies on Sky movies mostly MGMHD that aren't available anywhere else even if using a smart dns.
Old 19-11-2013, 16:51   #52
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l have just received my 6 months Netflix voucher code.
Old 19-11-2013, 16:55   #53
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
In the last five minutes I've received mine too.
Old 19-11-2013, 16:56   #54
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Yup - mine has arrived
Old 19-11-2013, 17:40   #55
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Didn't none of you get the 12 month Netflix code for being a Tivo subscriber? I did.

Just winding you up hehe i did get a 12 month code but it was a gift card from my cousin lol.
Old 20-11-2013, 17:33   #56
marko
cf.member

marko has disabled reputation

Enjoying the netflix experience, which is pretty impressive so far. But can anyone please explain how you access the search function once inside the app? Scrolling between the various categories is fine, but the search field is quite hard to track down without closing everything and going back in from the beginning. Thanks.
Old 20-11-2013, 17:45   #57
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Had to phone up and they gave me the code over the phone!
Old 20-11-2013, 20:08   #58
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Bloomin useless, to say the TiVo is supposed to have its own dedicated 10Mbps line it's slower than some of the Active Digital apps from the old Telewest days.
I didn't even get to the login screen before I got fed up of waiting and booted up the Xbox for Netflix.

Old 20-11-2013, 20:30   #59
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

How do you get a code and what are the terms?
Old 20-11-2013, 20:46   #60
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefever View Post
How do you get a code and what are the terms?
You have to phone up and re-contract for 12 months and they then email you the code within 5 working days to customers.