Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Changelog

Old 02-08-2020, 13:50   #1276
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Sky are effectively forced to broadcast all regional programmes because they use a single UK-wide platform. VM doesn't have that restriction.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2020, 18:13   #1277
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Sky are effectively forced to broadcast all regional programmes because they use a single UK-wide platform. VM doesn't have that restriction.
Not a question of Sky being “forced” to carry them. ITV is in charge of the slots it leases from SES, so can put up as many regions as they want. In fact ITV only pays Sky/Freesat for a single EPG slot for SD in each region, so unless you tune manually you only see the region (& EPG info) meant for your location in the UK. There were a couple of regions missing from satellite. The STV sub region for Dundee has only ever been available on Freeview & Cable, which I believe still exists. ITV Westcountry was also split into West & East versions in 2013, with only one available on satellite.

The BBC on the other hand is not a private concern, being licence fee funded. So their decision to take EPG slots for every region may be something to do with this. Regions on cable are tied down to cable franchise rules as originally set up by the Cable Authority. These prescribe what must be available in each franchise area.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 18:32   #1278
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
The STV sub region for Dundee has only ever been available on Freeview & Cable, which I believe still exists.
I think you will find all the STV HD sub-regions are on Sky, albeit the one you mention is one of three of their HD regions that are not free to air, so aren't on Freesat.
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 18:34   #1279
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The Tayside STV sub-region does indeed still exist.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 19:39   #1280
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
A constant source of irritation to those of us living in London is that the lunchtime local news is only broadcast in SD. If you are watching the national news in HD then it means changing channels to watch the news from the city. I know it's only a few button presses but as far as I am aware the other UK regions do not have to do this.
Same in Yorkshire.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 19:19   #1281
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Sky 2 has finally been rebranded Sky Replay on VM.
Old 26-11-2020, 23:59   #1282
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

COLORS has been upgraded to COLORS HD according to JJ20X on Forum Box.

Channel 826 I think.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:52   #1283
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

HUM EUROPE (Channel 833) has closed on VM. More info on VM Changes thread.
Old 09-12-2020, 00:44   #1284
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Same in Yorkshire.
same in the north west! why did they think its just london impacted?? I know london think the world revolves around them but us plucky northerners dont get news in HD either! If londoners don't we certainly dont haha!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 22:31   #1285
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

ITV Hub App (finally) available in Scotland on VM for non-Channel 3 content.

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Note : This is for V6 (and probably original Tivo). No idea what situation is for app on TV360 in Scotland.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:29   #1286
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Note : This is for V6 (and probably original Tivo). No idea what situation is for app on TV360 in Scotland.
Currently still only STV Player on 360 - no ITV Hub yet!
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:42   #1287
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
Currently still only STV Player on 360 - no ITV Hub yet!
ITV Hub is on my TV 360, has been since I got installed 9 days ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0055.jpg (341.1 KB, 25 views)
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:45   #1288
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I just checked this morning, STV Player no longer has Channel 3 content. So both apps are the version available in rest of UK on VM by the look of it.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:49   #1289
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonespeaker View Post
ITV Hub is on my TV 360, has been since I got installed 9 days ago.
Where are you located? Are you in Scotland? It's not on my box (I'm in Fife).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201210_114455.jpg (68.0 KB, 13 views)
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:51   #1290
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
Where are you located? Are you in Scotland? It's not on my box (I'm in Fife).
I'm in north east england.
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote