Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Captchpa required all the time

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Captchpa required all the time

Old 10-08-2020, 13:04   #1
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Captchpa required all the time

Hi all,

I have recently started having to input a "I am human" captcha check into 90% of websites on 3 different browsers. Some sites do not even load properly and are unviewable.

Anybody have a clue as to why?

I have rebooted the superhub several times and restarted my devices. I have run the security on Windows 10 - no viruses. I use a VPN that is mandatory for my work. Could it be that? The issue arises both when connected and unconnected to the VPN.

Tearing my hair out here. Fed up of clicking on 4 images that all have airplanes in them. Ideas very welcome. Thanks
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2020, 13:21   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Captchpa required all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
Hi all,

I have recently started having to input a "I am human" captcha check into 90% of websites on 3 different browsers. Some sites do not even load properly and are unviewable.

Anybody have a clue as to why?

I have rebooted the superhub several times and restarted my devices. I have run the security on Windows 10 - no viruses. I use a VPN that is mandatory for my work. Could it be that? The issue arises both when connected and unconnected to the VPN.

Tearing my hair out here. Fed up of clicking on 4 images that all have airplanes in them. Ideas very welcome. Thanks
I would say it's the VPN, what happens if you visit the same sites on your phone or tablet without the VPN? I'm guessing it'll be fine.
Old 10-08-2020, 16:49   #3
smallclone
cf.geek

smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I would say it's the VPN, what happens if you visit the same sites on your phone or tablet without the VPN? I'm guessing it'll be fine.
It's the same on my phone and tablet - captchas everywhere. Is there a chance that Virgin have identified the VPN as a concern or would it be the websites themselves?

It's a headaches because as I say, my work make it mandatory for me to use this VBPN before I remote into my PC from home.
Old 10-08-2020, 17:52   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I don't see how Virgin could do this. It's likely to be the websites. Care to give us an example?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 18:35   #5
smallclone
cf.geek

https://www.avforums.com/

I get a page similar to this:

When I go to mlb.com all I get are huge logos which makes the site unreadable - interestingly the mlb app does not function on my android phone either.
Old 10-08-2020, 20:11   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I have the same problem with a particular site I use and it only started when I installed ad blocker software.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 20:46   #7
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

I use a VPN and get more Captchpas than I used to without one. Sometimes even just using Google can ask for one. Which VPN are you using?
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 20:56   #8
smallclone
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
I use a VPN and get more Captchpas than I used to without one. Sometimes even just using Google can ask for one. Which VPN are you using?
It's called Global Protect. But I only use it for about 20 minutes a day. The rest of the time I do stuff from my browsers.
Old 10-08-2020, 21:13   #9
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Don't know. AVForums doesn't do it for me. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE. With and without adblocking. And via a couple of VPNs.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 22:09   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Thats cloudflare giving you a capture page, not virgin media.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 22:11   #11
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Requests from VPNs might be seen as potentially more suspect, and so are subject to greater checks?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 11:31   #12
smallclone
cf.geek

Hi,

This cloudflare issue is now causing all sorts of problems with all devices across my network. Even my android phone has some apps that don't work because of this.

Is there any way I can stop it happening? Change some sort of IP address or something?

Thanks
Old 13-08-2020, 22:13   #13
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I hate that bloody captcha thing, they're usually asking about US road signs/markings... I'm not a computer, just take my word for it, you bleeping computer !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2020, 17:06   #14
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Off topic I know but Paypal have come up with a new capacha thingy I haven't seen before. Just checked into my account and besides the normal "tick this box if you're not a robot" I had to manipulate a cartoon cat until it was stood upright. Made a change but I suspect it will become quite irritating.
Old 29-08-2020, 18:57   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I only have the problem on one particular site I use and to further compound the issue it always asks you everything twice. You click the pictures with e.g. boats in and click ok and then it makes you do it again. I noticed a link on the page which said something like "why am I seeing this" and I clicked on it and was redirected to another page. There was a load of blab about antivirus settings, malware and vpns and there was a link to a browser extension you can download from the google store which bypasses it. It is called privacy pass. I am not a huge fan of browser extensions but I installed it and it works a treat. You can read more here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jldioehi?hl=en
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote