Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 27-09-2012, 00:25   #61
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Nice to see the SPL leaders given a hiding by 3rd division minnows Rangers tonight.

More fans in Ibrox than in 6 league cup games combined last night. Thats with the game live on TV as well.
I hope Rangers do well in this cup - Hoping to see an Celtic V Rangers game in next round or Final.

We got Celtic on Saturday

(Motherwell fan)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2012, 00:29   #62
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I hope Rangers do well in this cup - Hoping to see an Celtic V Rangers game in next round or Final.

We got Celtic on Saturday

(Motherwell fan)
Motherwell are worth a bet on Saturday. The players had a good rest tonight.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 00:31   #63
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
Motherwell are worth a bet on Saturday. The players had a good rest tonight.
I see that Sky and ESPN think Celtic will win.

Sky - no game
ESPN - Aberdeen VS Hibs.
BBC Alba - Motherwell VS Celtic - Kick off 3pm (Shown as Live at 5.30pm)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 00:35   #64
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I see that Sky and ESPN think Celtic will win.

Sky - no game
ESPN - Aberdeen VS Hibs.
I think this was originally pencilled in as a Sunday kick off on Sky but Celtic's match in Moscow on Tuesday scuppered it as ESPN already had the Saturday game.

Edit; I haven't checked if this is accurate but somebody posted that this is Celtic's first 3pm away kick for 8 years! i'm sure I must have misheard!

Anyhoo the whole game is on BBC Alba at 5.30 on Saturday evening.

Edit: Twas Radio Scotland's Richard Gordon that claimed Celtic's last 3pm away quick off was Oct 2005 agains Livingston. I was obviously exagerating saying it was 8 years
Old 27-09-2012, 07:48   #65
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Omg someone has something to try and prove to the rest of us?
Just that Rangers are better supported than other teams.

Quote:
Their boast of the crowds are laughable (quite a few complimentary tickets being handed out for home league matches apparently).
Strange. I've heard the same about free tickets being handed out for a certain stadium in the east end of Glasgow to charities and youth groups in an attempt to bolster crowds.
Still you can't blame people for preferring to go to a marvellous listed building and take in its history and brilliance over some breeze block monstrosity that's lucky Glasgow city council are chucking money at it to tart it up for 2014 before it falls down.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 08:24   #66
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Just that Rangers are better supported than other teams.
Great support. How well did that fighting fund do? Not even as much as Northern Rugby Clubs can raise. They don't have the mythical worldwide fan base.

How successfull have previous share issues been?

How may shares will fans owe in the club once Chucky's escape plan has been funded? I already know the answer, do you?

Is this what Rangers are reduced to? Boasting about the front of their stadium while forgetting about the rest of the asbestos ridden bigot dome that requires millions spent on it.
Old 17-10-2012, 08:05   #67
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

It's all going well in the SPHell....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19970984

Quote:
Hearts wage bill overdue for second successive month
And just coming out the woodwork now is this.

Quote:
BBC Scotland learn Hearts had transfer ban imposed after salaries were late last month. Issue will be discussed again by SPL board on Monday
Whatever happened to transparency? How poor is the journalism in Scotland that it takes a month to report on transfer bans being imposed.

I also hear Motherwell are in severe trouble with the manager buying water for training sessions out his own pocket each week and players being asked to take very significant wage cuts.
Old 18-10-2012, 01:52   #68
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
It's all going well in the SPHell....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19970984

And just coming out the woodwork now is this.

Whatever happened to transparency? How poor is the journalism in Scotland that it takes a month to report on transfer bans being imposed.

I also hear Motherwell are in severe trouble with the manager buying water for training sessions out his own pocket each week and players being asked to take very significant wage cuts.
For somebody who has no interest in the SPL you seem to revel in any potential negative events. Not that you would be hoping for any clubs to go into administration....?

For your own peace of mind Deek, I can assure that there is no way that any current SPL club will go into liquidation owing us much as the ex-Rangers. That's your own wee world record that your club took to it's grave. Pity they're deid or we could have put a wee star on their shirt for that.

On a more positive note, I've registered a £50K interest in purchasing shares in this new Glasgow Club fronted by Chucky Green. Are you in Deek?
Old 18-10-2012, 06:59   #69
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Their own delusion and sense of entitlement is what brought them down before. Looks like the zombies are well on their way to doing it again.

Barca on Tuesday
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 10:29   #70
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
For somebody who has no interest in the SPL you seem to revel in any potential negative events. Not that you would be hoping for any clubs to go into administration....?
It is the Scottish football thread, not an SPL thread or SFL 1/2/3 thread. I would have thought a news item about one of the bigger clubs not being able to pay players (again) would have been of interest to some and them being hit with a punishment that was kept secret showed just how desperate and untransparent the SPHell are.

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Barca on Tuesday
Don't worry, I'm sure that will see a return to form for celtic in away European games. What is it? 4 points from a possible 63?
Old 18-10-2012, 11:05   #71
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:

Don't worry, I'm sure that will see a return to form for celtic in away European games. What is it? 4 points from a possible 63?
... shocking record isn't it? We'd probably have more away points in the CL than that if we'd cheated over the years though

Celtic have still had more away wins in Europe this season than The Sevco have had in SFL 3.
Old 18-10-2012, 16:35   #72
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

[QUOTE=Derek;35486267]It is the Scottish football thread, not an SPL thread or SFL 1/2/3 thread. I would have thought a news item about one of the bigger clubs not being able to pay players (again) would have been of interest to some and them being hit with a punishment that was kept secret showed just how desperate and untransparent the SPHell are.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------
Not sure about being kept secret.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 07:32   #73
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Tick tock tick tock tick tock BOOM!! Big Tax Case result GUILTY!!!
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 09:47   #74
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Tick tock tick tock tick tock BOOM!! Big Tax Case result GUILTY!!!
Any link to back this up? Or is it another 'exclusive' from he failed social worker and pensioner killer?
Old 20-10-2012, 12:09   #75
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Any link to back this up? Or is it another 'exclusive' from he failed social worker and pensioner killer?
I hope you've had a saucer of milk and finished cleaning your fur since that post Deek

To be pedantic; the guilty verdict in the big tax case was delivered a couple of years ago.

I'm sure that Henke is referring to the result of the appeal. No link as yet but lots of tweets from normally reliable sources that the appeal result was as expected and is in the hands of D&P, Murray and Whyte. I'm sure your renowned detective skills will find these quicker than I can embed them