Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 11-07-2018, 01:36   #1351
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

It just sou d's like they have just totally copied the plot from the last 2 movies and mashed together.
Old 11-07-2018, 20:27   #1352
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I take it you are not a fan?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 20:31   #1353
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I love the originals. Just think they left a sequel tok long. That and I could probably come up with a better story.
Old 11-07-2018, 20:48   #1354
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I agree, the problem is that they see all the remakes/rivivals/nostalgia going on atm and they are trying to join in. I still think it is going to be good seeing everything again which a higher production budget and better effects.
Old 11-07-2018, 20:52   #1355
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I think it's also that they are now in their 50s.

Can't see wild stallions and air guitar working now. They'll just look embarrassing.
Old 11-07-2018, 21:05   #1356
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Watched the first episode of The Outpost earlier and while it does seem like something i'll like it's not at all what i expected. Much cheesier and low budget than most CW fantasy shows in recent years.

Watched The New Legends of Monkey on Netflix recently, it's got the same sort of vibe.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 21:46   #1357
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Watched the first episode of The Outpost..... Much cheesier and low budget than most CW fantasy shows in recent years.
That is the impression i got from the trailer so i am not expecting much. I am going to watch it as soon as the tennis finishes.
Old 11-07-2018, 21:55   #1358
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I grabbed it last night, not in any hurry to watch it atm.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 22:00   #1359
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
That is the impression i got from the trailer so i am not expecting much. I am going to watch it as soon as the tennis finishes.
Thinking on it again a better comparison would probably be the low budget Mythica series of movies or maybe even The Legend of the Seeker show. Both of which i liked despite their short comings.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 22:26   #1360
General Maximus
Ran Away

Has anyone watched Cloak & Dagger yet? I have watched the first 5 eps and it isnt doing anything for me at all. I know i have said it about the Marvel series in general but this one is ultra slooooooooooow.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I grabbed it last night, not in any hurry to watch it atm.
Dont bother, i have just turned it off after 5 mins. I wanted to persevere for comedic value but it literally gets worse by the second and i couldnt bring myself to watch anymore. I think somebody should tell them that the whole point of armour is to prevent slicing attacks by swords and you therefore dont die (3 times).
Old 12-07-2018, 00:21   #1361
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Has anyone watched Cloak & Dagger yet? I have watched the first 5 eps and it isnt doing anything for me at all. I know i have said it about the Marvel series in general but this one is ultra slooooooooooow.......

Dont bother, i have just turned it off after 5 mins. I wanted to persevere for comedic value but it literally gets worse by the second and i couldnt bring myself to watch anymore. I think somebody should tell them that the whole point of armour is to prevent slicing attacks by swords and you therefore dont die (3 times).
I gave up on Cloak & Dagger after 4 episodes. It was just too slow and boring.
Old 12-07-2018, 19:20   #1362
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The previews I saw of Cloak & Dagger turned me off even bothering.

Nothing anyone has said about it so far has made me revisit that decision.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 20:33   #1363
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Me too, I'll give it one more ep but I'm ready to ditch it. Either they are both too thick not to see the connection they obviously have or just too stupid.

Take it as it's meant to be, a "fantasy" series. The normal laws don't apply. I'll give it a couple of more episodes and then decide.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 20:58   #1364
General Maximus
Ran Away

It isnt the fantasy bit that bothers me, it is the abysmal acting, script and production quality. It looks like something the BBC has made and this is why i dont watch english tv series. I cant enjoy something, believe it is real and put myself into that universe if every second something isnt right and annoying me. For all the grief the Shannara Chronicles got it was a million times better than this.
Old 12-07-2018, 21:39   #1365
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It isnt the fantasy bit that bothers me, it is the abysmal acting, script and production quality. It looks like something the BBC has made and this is why i dont watch english tv series. I cant enjoy something, believe it is real and put myself into that universe if every second something isnt right and annoying me. For all the grief the Shannara Chronicles got it was a million times better than this.
On that basis I have to agree 100%.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote