Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2018, 20:33   #5161
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

I will say this again I am NOT and I will NEVER be European or a European citizen.

Yes our Continent my be in europe, that that's all.

Nowhere on any paperwork I fill our never says which Continent are you from.
Old 16-12-2018, 20:49   #5162
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I will say this again I am NOT and I will NEVER be European or a European citizen.

Yes our Continent my be in europe, that that's all.

Nowhere on any paperwork I fill our never says which Continent are you from.
No one's asking you to put it on a form but posts 5127 and 5128 contain some clues as to whether or not you're an EU citizen which is the citizenship in question. https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=5128
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=5127

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
That you, Andrew, consider Blair's words as "reasoned" condemns you.
You've misread read my post - reasoned manner is my description. Thus he's calmly defended his position with his reasons and not gone off on one. We don't have to agree with him to understand that his manner is reasoned.
Old 16-12-2018, 21:48   #5163
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
TM doesn’t have to go turncoat. She puts her deal to the public in a referendum over no deal. Parliament amends the referendum legislation to include remain.
You can’t have a 3 way question on the referendum. It would have to be Binary, because you are effectively splitting the leave vote by having two leave options.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Quote:
You keep posting that offensive emoji,
I think it’s quite funny

Last edited by Pierre; 16-12-2018 at 21:57.
Old 16-12-2018, 21:49   #5164
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
No one's asking you to put it on a form but posts 5127 and 5128 contain some clues as to whether or not you're an EU citizen which is the citizenship in question. https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=5128
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=5127
Right move on from the discussion from the European nationality angle or EU Citizenship, if people choose not to be so that is their right and no-one should be telling them otherwise - time to move on with this discussion and I am not asking, I am telling!!!

Quote:
You keep posting that offensive emoji, despite being asked not to
CF does not have any offensive Smilies for use. People need to stop being over sensitive and reporting posts that contain the dunce smiley. It's use is permitted.
Old 16-12-2018, 22:08   #5165
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

It’s a bit of a flaw is it not?

I couldn’t repeatedly call another user an idiot, for example.
Old 16-12-2018, 22:11   #5166
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It’s a bit of a flaw is it not?

I couldn’t repeatedly call another user an idiot, for example.
You’re an idiot, if you think that.
Old 16-12-2018, 22:18   #5167
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
You can’t have a 3 way question on the referendum. It would have to be Binary, because you are effectively splitting the leave vote by having two leave options.
So many permutations possible with options of transferring votes to second preferred choice, ranking choices, which options to include, etc which make a people's vote hard to agree.
Old 16-12-2018, 22:20   #5168
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
So many permutations possible with options of transferring votes to second preferred choice, ranking choices, which options to include, etc which make a people's vote hard to agree.
If leave were to win (against remain) I think it’d make most sense to have a further vote a few weeks later about what type of Brexit to aim for.
Old 16-12-2018, 22:24   #5169
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
If leave were to win (against remain) I think it’d make most sense to have a further vote a few weeks later about what type of Brexit to aim for.
I think that wouldn't work due to voter fatigue. I suspect even a people's vote in January would get a far lower turnout than in 2016.
Old 16-12-2018, 22:32   #5170
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
I think that wouldn't work due to voter fatigue. I suspect even a people's vote in January would get a far lower turnout than in 2016.
It’s the only way out of having six different views of what Brexit looks like.
Old 16-12-2018, 22:46   #5171
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It’s the only way out of having six different views of what Brexit looks like.
I know what dead in the water looks like.
Old 16-12-2018, 23:22   #5172
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Just a reminder

If you behave like children, you will be treated like them, and sent to the Naughty Step until the New Year.

As always, you have been warned.
Paul's Xmas list for Forum Holiday's is already shaping up to have some candidates names added to it.
Old 16-12-2018, 23:46   #5173
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

My finger is poised on the ban button.

I suggest anyone who is over sensitive should find other topics to post in, and leave this one.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 17-12-2018, 00:42   #5174
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Three options with a single transferable vote would be stacked in favour of one option: TM's Deal.

As in:

REMAIN would transfer to TM's DEAL
TM's DEAL would transfer to REMAIN
NO DEAL would transfer to TM's DEAL or be a loner.

That's why there wouldn't be three options on the paper.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 17-12-2018, 01:02   #5175
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Three options with a single transferable vote would be stacked in favour of one option: TM's Deal.

As in:

REMAIN would transfer to TM's DEAL
TM's DEAL would transfer to REMAIN
NO DEAL would transfer to TM's DEAL or be a loner.

That's why there wouldn't be three options on the paper.

The above might be a convincing argument to TM for there to be three options.

What two options would you have?
a) TM's deal and no-deal
b) TM's deal and remain
c) No deal and remain

Ultimately, this evidences that a people's vote is not a straightforward solution to the chaos in the Commons. Devising it and then gaining consensus from the Commons will prove quite difficult as different questions and voting structures will lead to different outcomes.
Closed Thread