Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 09-02-2019, 16:50   #586
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Being disabled myself you are very correct in your assumption.
Are these personal opinions/assumptions or do you have verifiable evidence that the majority of disabled people don't want to receive help?

Have you never accepted help from someone in connection with your disability?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2019, 16:52   #587
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I do not propose to repeat myself again.
Why not now? Feels like you’ve been doing exactly that for the past 3 years on here.

I think the problem is people with certain conditions are sick to the back teeth of being told how we ought to feel, how our conditions affect us and what we ought to do about it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 16:58   #588
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Are these personal opinions/assumptions or do you have verifiable evidence that the majority of disabled people don't want to receive help?
Disabled people from my own experiences and l know many of them want to be treated just the same as any able bodied person.
Old 09-02-2019, 17:01   #589
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Disabled people from my own experiences and l know many of them want to be treated just the same as any able bodied person.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 09-02-2019, 17:03   #590
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Have you never accepted help from someone in connection with your disability?
l have a carer plus l have family members and friends who help me but the great thing about them is they treat me the way l want to be treated and that is like any normal able bodied human.
Old 09-02-2019, 17:06   #591
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Why not now? Feels like you’ve been doing exactly that for the past 3 years on here.

I think the problem is people with certain conditions are sick to the back teeth of being told how we ought to feel, how our conditions affect us and what we ought to do about it.
In relation to your conditions, there will be certain common traits unique to every person with ADHD & autusm. However, every individual is different because different people have different severeties, handle & react to their conditions differently, have different reactions to medication and these can vary over time.

I don't, therefore, think it appropriate for you to be told how to feel or how these conditions affect you. These are severe, lifelong & incurable conditions, so it's probably useful to listen to what experts have to suggest, but it wouldn't be professional for a member of staff to tell you what to do about it*, but rather give you a variety of options that you may or may not wish to take up.

* Those in receipt of certain benefits may be required to carry out certain tasks or they could face negative sanctions.

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Quote:
l have a carer plus l have family members and friends who help me but the great thing about them is they treat me the way l want to be treated and that is like any normal able bodied human.
If you have a carer, then you aren't being treated in the same way as an able bodied person by definition. This isn't always a bad thing, when I was a child I used to offer to do jobs to help elderly and disabled neighbours, but I didn't do it for those able to do it themselves!
Old 09-02-2019, 17:11   #592
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
In relation to your conditions, there will be certain common traits unique to every person with ADHD & autusm. However, every individual is different because different people have different severeties, handle & react to their conditions differently, have different reactions to medication and these can vary over time.

I don't, therefore, think it appropriate for you to be told how to feel or how these conditions affect you. These are severe, lifelong & incurable conditions, so it's probably useful to listen to what experts have to suggest, but it wouldn't be professional for a member of staff to tell you what to do about it*, but rather give you a variety of options that you may or may not wish to take up.

* Those in receipt of certain benefits may be required to carry out certain tasks or they could face negative sanctions.

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

If you have a carer, then you aren't being treated in the same way as an able bodied person by definition. This isn't always a bad thing, when I was a child I used to offer to do jobs to help elderly and dusabled neighbours, but I didn't do it for those able to do it themselves!
“Severe”? RC you really do know nothing. It’s comments like that from your type who assumes to know everything (or even something) about a person’s condition that builds up resentment. Stick to looking after your own life rather than imposing your own ideas on others.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 09-02-2019, 17:23   #593
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
“Severe”? RC you really do know nothing. It’s comments like that from your type who assumes to know everything (or even something) about a person’s condition that builds up resentment. Stick to looking after your own life rather than imposing your own ideas on others.
Yes, severe because of the significant difficulties posed by the development disorder. You seem to be in denial about your disabilities, this is the case with some people who feel embarrassed or inferior because they have a disability (hardly surprising given the way that some members of society treat us), but I do urge you to speak to someone about this.

This forum has a wealth of information and support resources, which I hope is helpful

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/
Old 09-02-2019, 17:30   #594
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Ignorant, arrogant and delusional.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 09-02-2019, 17:33   #595
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
He's digging a nice hole for himself though.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 17:57   #596
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Unfortunately, my attempts to interact with you are again going nowhere and don't appear to be serving any useful purpose.
Old 09-02-2019, 18:02   #597
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

That would be because I don’t buy in to your BS about being a self-appointed “expert” on matters about disabilities.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 09-02-2019, 18:38   #598
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That would be because I don’t buy in to your BS about being a self-appointed “expert” on matters about disabilities.
I have never claimed to be an expert, though I probably have more knowledge than the average person about disability issues through my work & personal circumstances.

Aspergers sufferers typically have difficulty understanding and relating to other people and have poor social and interpersonal skills as a result, which can lead to problems holding down a job, keeping friends and keeping a partner long term.

As a result, becoming over defensive is one of the typical traits of those with the condition as, over time, sufferers grow tired of the negative comments repeatedly directed at them. It can also lead to them becoming sour over time as they don't understand what they are doing and why people dislike their attempts to interact.

I do hope that you can take a look at the Wrong Planet link; people that I know with similar conditions to yourself tell me that they find it invaluable. If you decide to join the forum, it would be prudent to warn you about the rules about how members are expected to interact with each other:

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73835

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 09-02-2019 at 18:42. Reason: Link added.
Old 09-02-2019, 18:47   #599
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

So run it by me, how has my Aspergers caused issues for me becoming a senior Paralegal for a well-known Law firm where I have over 250 current clients and deal with Judges, QCs, Barristers and medical experts on a daily basis, as well as leaving my files open to scrutiny at any time by the SRA?

And maybe while you’re at it could you explain why nobody who actually knows or has met me has ever said anything similar about my Aspergers? Let me guess, maybe they’re too “frightened” to say anything?

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

And again, Hell would freeze over before I accept any “help” or “advice” from you.

Vote #AnyoneButTory

Last edited by Russ; 09-02-2019 at 19:03.
Old 09-02-2019, 19:06   #600
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The elderly and children are also classed as vulnerable.

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Examples have already been provided.
So what about the 'normal' person I mentioned?

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Quote:
Yes, severe because of the significant difficulties posed by the development disorder. You seem to be in denial about your disabilities, this is the case with some people who feel embarrassed or inferior because they have a disability (hardly surprising given the way that some members of society treat us), but I do urge you to speak to someone about this.

This forum has a wealth of information and support resources, which I hope is helpful

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/
Have you really just told someone they are in denial about their disabilities? Wow, that's a new low, even for you.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote