Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 22-11-2017, 19:57   #3901
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Another fantasy post , none of that makes any commercial sense whatsoever.
Advertisement
Old 22-11-2017, 19:58   #3902
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Amazon are known to invest a lot of money into loss leaders to encourage people to buy into their eco system, their own devices are a good example of this,
I doubt much profit if any is derived from their video service, but it again ties subscribers into their systems and services.
We are all speculating and I am on the fence over whether Amazon or any other OTT service will bid for Premier League rights, but if they do I expect it to be for the cheapest package available and I would expect this to be included within a Prime subscription until such time that Amazon have enough sports rights to justify a separate sports subscription.

If my speculation is correct this could be good news for VM TV subscribers as I would expect an Amazon app to appear on Tivo and V6 not long after any announcement is made,
probably not so good news for Sky or BT as Amazon will probably adopt a quid pro quo attitude of denying access to them as long as Amazons content is withheld from their platforms.
Old 22-11-2017, 20:03   #3903
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
As ever MM you are the speaker of great common sense wisdom on here.
Old 22-11-2017, 20:21   #3904
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

We’ll see, muppetman, we’ll see. Hats at the ready...
Old 22-11-2017, 20:30   #3905
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

We’ll see, muppetman, we’ll see. ...
You are going to order some spare ones given the way the ball is rolling.
Old 27-11-2017, 18:32   #3906
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Advice wanted

Does anyone have a UHD streamer and have you used the buy and keep movies services UHD ?

Which is best Apple TV 4K , Chromecast Ultra , Roku Streaming Stick + , Amazon Fire TV 4K ?

What's the cost of UHD movies on iTunes , Google Play, Amazon etc.
Old 27-11-2017, 19:18   #3907
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Advice wanted

Does anyone have a UHD streamer and have you used the buy and keep movies services UHD ?

Which is best Apple TV 4K , Chromecast Ultra , Roku Streaming Stick + , Amazon Fire TV 4K ?

Amazon and Apple UHD content is normally same price as hd now, device wise i'm unsure as i don't yet have 4K tv but my ROKU has always been flawless so imo ROKU are one the best for value devices out there.
Here's a example on Amazon if this helps in anyway https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fury-Ultra-...490&sr=8-2
Old 27-11-2017, 21:10   #3908
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Do you know if there's any truth to the claim that SyFy, Universal, E! and Movies 24 are coming to TVPlayer?
Old 27-11-2017, 21:11   #3909
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Do you know if there's any truth to the claim that SyFy, Universal, E! and Movies 24 are coming to TVPlayer?
Yes. I got an email confirming those channels are coming soon
Old 27-11-2017, 21:46   #3910
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes they are which i stated earlier in this thread i think lol.
Also TCM is on it's way too.
Old 27-11-2017, 23:03   #3911
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Advice wanted

I don't have a 4K TV yet (I hopefully will do by the end of the week though) so I cannot say for certain but I can give you some general advice on my experience of streaming devices.

It seems that Apple have the largest catalogue of 4K movies and they are the same price as HD ones,
now if we were in America I'd recommend paying the extra for the newest ATV as pretty much every US streaming service is available on the platform, but here in poor old Blighty it is missing many apps that other devices have.

The new Amazon Fire TV looks good value for money with some caveats,
firstly if you require an Ethernet connection you will have to spend £13:99 extra on a Ethernet dongle,
secondly their 4k movie catalogue is not very comprehensive but I believe what is available to buy on Amazon is like Apple and the same price as their HD counterparts.
Thirdly the new Fire TV only supports HDR10 and not Dolby Vision if that is important to you.
Fire TV does have the advantage of having nearly all UK services available on it (not Now TV), with the ability to easily sideload others that are not available from Amazon themselves.

Finally I have no experience of Roku but a couple of articles I've read say this is a good choice for 4k movies.

If 4k movies is all you want and you're happy to pay a premium I'd probably say get Apple, but if you want your streamer to do more I'd look at Amazon or Roku
Old 27-11-2017, 23:56   #3912
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Last edited by Chad; 28-11-2017 at 00:01.
Old 28-11-2017, 00:16   #3913
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
TV player are certainly showing they mean business.

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I don't have a 4K TV yet (I hopefully will do by the end of the week though) so I cannot say for certain but I can give you some general advice on my experience of streaming devices.

It seems that Apple have the largest catalogue of 4K movies and they are the same price as HD ones,
now if we were in America I'd recommend paying the extra for the newest ATV as pretty much every US streaming service is available on the platform, but here in poor old Blighty it is missing many apps that other devices have.

The new Amazon Fire TV looks good value for money with some caveats,
firstly if you require an Ethernet connection you will have to spend £13:99 extra on a Ethernet dongle,
secondly their 4k movie catalogue is not very comprehensive but I believe what is available to buy on Amazon is like Apple and the same price as their HD counterparts.
Thirdly the new Fire TV only supports HDR10 and not Dolby Vision if that is important to you.
Fire TV does have the advantage of having nearly all UK services available on it (not Now TV), with the ability to easily sideload others that are not available from Amazon themselves.

Finally I have no experience of Roku but a couple of articles I've read say this is a good choice for 4k movies.

If 4k movies is all you want and you're happy to pay a premium I'd probably say get Apple, but if you want your streamer to do more I'd look at Amazon or Roku
One thing to remember with ROKU too is it has all the uk catch up services aswell as netflix, amazon, plutotv, nowtv and now tvplayer so defo the best of the bunch imo.
I only have a ROKU2 i'm getting the 4k soon but the ROKU2 for me has been flawless also skystore is on ROKU too and i think a few other ppv movie services.
I have 2 ROKUs one set up to UK and one for my USA services.
Old 28-11-2017, 02:25   #3914
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Yes they are which i stated earlier in this thread i think lol.
Also TCM is on it's way too.
Thanks.
Old 28-11-2017, 08:46   #3915
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
TV player are certainly showing they mean business.

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

One thing to remember with ROKU too is it has all the uk catch up services aswell as netflix, amazon, plutotv, nowtv and now tvplayer so defo the best of the bunch imo.
I only have a ROKU2 i'm getting the 4k soon but the ROKU2 for me has been flawless also skystore is on ROKU too and i think a few other ppv movie services.
I have 2 ROKUs one set up to UK and one for my USA services.
I don't think you can get Pluto tv on the Roku in the UK, can you? I'm not able to check at the moment, but will do so later today.

But I do think the Roku is an excellent piece of kit.
Closed Thread