Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated]U.S hold diplomatic Summit with North Korea

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

[Updated]U.S hold diplomatic Summit with North Korea

Old 27-05-2018, 11:12   #256
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: North Korea

The New York times is a disgusting news agency and I will NEVER accept their decision to publish Manchester Arena photos, of dead bodies and bomb fragments, in their efforts to embarrass the U.S relationship with the UK and an attempt to undermine the Trump Administration by sharing UK intel, just days after the Terrorist Attack occurred in my city. They are utter Scumbags & they deserve all the attacks they get whether they are right or wrong on their stories.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-05-2018, 10:25   #257
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The New York times is a disgusting news agency and I will NEVER accept their decision to publish Manchester Arena photos, of dead bodies and bomb fragments, in their efforts to embarrass the U.S relationship with the UK and an attempt to undermine the Trump Administration by sharing UK intel, just days after the Terrorist Attack occurred in my city. They are utter Scumbags & they deserve all the attacks they get whether they are right or wrong on their stories.
Really? I've always found them to be even handed in their reporting.Everyone gets brick batted.
Old 28-05-2018, 10:58   #258
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Really? I've always found them to be even handed in their reporting.Everyone gets brick batted.
I live in Cleethorpes and find it's not available at the news agents .
Old 28-05-2018, 11:30   #259
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I live in Cleethorpes and find it's not available at the news agents .
Hope this helps...

https://www.nytimes.com/
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 14:33   #260
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
So you don't like them then? Who do you like?
Old 28-05-2018, 21:52   #261
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
There appears to be some confusion.

This information was given to the New York Times, and 50 other News reporters in a White House Briefing Room (with 200 others on taking part through a Conference Call) by a White House Press Official, and it was arranged by the White House Press Office.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...h-korea-609617

In fact, there is an audio recording of the meeting, and of the "non-existent" Senior White House official who is named.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...d-doesnt-exist
It seems The New York times was indeed still incorrect with all the above regardless of that audio... that audio does NOT say what the NYT claims it says according to the Federalist...

So it seems the NYT did indeed publish FAKE NEWS all along.

Quote:
Clearly The New York Times peddled fake news. There may have been a real White House briefing with real White House officials, but The New York Times couldn’t be trusted to accurately summarize what the White House official said. And it wasn’t on a minor point.

Recall that the whole point of their characterization was to say this official was at odds with Trump and that Trump wasn’t listening to his advisors. The fact that Trump and his advisors were not disagreeing with each other undermines the entire point of The New York Times story.
http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/28/...ling-fake-news

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Yes really, if you think posting UK intel of dead bodies from a terrorist attack and bomb fragments, days after the event actually occurred and you think that is even handed, then you have strange standards indeed Maggy.
Old 28-05-2018, 21:57   #262
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

Comes back to the whole aspect of journalism though ; if you are presented with a leak do you report it or not?

Disgusting as it may be, the ethics surrounding it are far greater than pictures of what happened in our back yard.
Chloé Palmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 22:21   #263
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
It seems The New York times was indeed still incorrect with all the above regardless of that audio... that audio does NOT say what the NYT claims it says according to the Federalist...

So it seems the NYT did indeed publish FAKE NEWS all along. :rolleyes
:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/28/...ling-fake-news

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Yes really, if you think posting UK intel of dead bodies from a terrorist attack and bomb fragments, days after the event actually occurred and you think that is even handed, then you have strange standards indeed Maggy.
Trump said that the spokesman didn't exist - that's Fake News, as the briefing was set up by the White House Press Office, and Matt Pottinger was the spokesman

Quote:
@realDonaldTrump

The Failing @nytimes quotes a senior White House official,” who doesn’t exist
btw, the author of that piece in the Federalist (a very Libertarian Pro-Trump website) has been described as
Quote:
Senior editor Mollie Hemingway has been the site's most reliable Trump defender, even trying to justify the president's repeated threats of government action against news organizations he doesn't like. Hemingway has gone so far as equating respected media companies with fake news websites that make up stories.
https://www.salon.com/2017/12/01/roy...ervative-mind/

More "Fake News"...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 28-05-2018 at 22:31.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 22:39   #264
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

The Times article in question published pictures of the home made bomb, not bodies. The UK press also carried those images after it was published in the Times.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 22:44   #265
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The Times article in question published pictures of the home made bomb, not bodies. The UK press also carried those images after it was published in the Times.
So, can I take it that like the article in The Federalist, the slur against the New York Times is erroneous?
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 22:45   #266
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am just restating what the NY Times leaked intelligence story was. It was pictures of the bomb which were then put in many other media publications including ones in the UK. The UK Government were largely angry at the leak itself.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 11:36   #267
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
They are just as disgusting as well. But as for the pictures of bodies, it did post those bloody bodies, slightly blurred out but still identifiable as motionless fatalities - I know what I saw at the time and those pictures were in the NYT as well as other publications but I single out NYT as they seemingly gained leaks from U.S Intelligence agencies.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Trump said that the spokesman didn't exist - that's Fake News, as the briefing was set up by the White House Press Office, and Matt Pottinger was the spokesman

btw, the author of that piece in the Federalist (a very Libertarian Pro-Trump website) has been described as

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/01/roy...ervative-mind/

More "Fake News"...
But not really - I know what I believe and it is not the NYT-end of.

Anyway lets get back on topic - this thread is about North Korea, not what you inaccurately portray what is or is not fake news.

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

I said back on topic which is anything related to actions in North Korea.
Old 29-05-2018, 15:12   #268
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

If you are losing the argument always best to bring it back on topic

Meanwhile, back on topic, Fox News, Desperate Don's go to news source had a totally different take on talking to North Korea in Obama's day:

Fox News Had a Different Reaction When Obama Wanted to Negotiate with North Korea
Old 29-05-2018, 17:29   #269
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Only I have not lost any arguments. I don’t see posting an opinion or contributing to a topic a competition. If I’m wrong, I will say so, if I’m not, I will also say so.
Old 29-05-2018, 21:43   #270
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
If I’m wrong, I will say so
hmmm, so when have you been 'wrong' Mick ?
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote