Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 to 360 conversion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V6 to 360 conversion

Old 31-12-2020, 17:03   #1
AJW
cf.member

AJW is an unknown quantity at this point
V6 to 360 conversion

I have 4 virgin V6 Boxes and I am on ompth tariff. I have been told I cant upgrade to 360 because I have 4 boxes and the maximum amount of boxes is 3 on the 360 software. I can receive a new 360 box and 2 mini boxes but would have to drop a box. Please advise if its worth losing a box for the benefits of 360?
AJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-12-2020, 17:24   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: V6 to 360 conversion

How much do you need the 4th box?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2020, 17:38   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

What are the benefits to you of a 360 box?
Old 31-12-2020, 18:24   #4
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I think there are currently no benefits of switching to a 360 - even if you only have one or two boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJW View Post
I have 4 virgin V6 Boxes and I am on ompth tariff. I have been told I cant upgrade to 360 because I have 4 boxes and the maximum amount of boxes is 3 on the 360 software. I can receive a new 360 box and 2 mini boxes but would have to drop a box. Please advise if its worth losing a box for the benefits of 360?
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2020, 19:55   #5
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJW View Post
You'd lose 75% of the recording space you currently have.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2020, 22:14   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You'd lose 75% of the recording space you currently have.
How so? Wouldnt the OP get a software update?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2020, 22:23   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
AIUI, the offer was to replace the 4 V6 boxes with 3 Humax ones. However, you are right that it would make a lot more sense to return one box, then the remaining three can be migrated.

(But personally I'd stick with 4 V6s)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 00:05   #8
AJW
cf.member

AJW is an unknown quantity at this point

The 4th box is in bedroom that my son uses when not at uni
taking on board your comments though you all feel that their are no significant benefits in moving to 260 at this stage apart from the migration feature
And we would lose current benefits on disk space ...
I had asked the question as we had enjoyed the previous SKY Q platform that we had previously in terms of migration
Thanks for the feedback
AJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 14:12   #9
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
He said he would get new boxes, but could only have a max of 3 - I've 1 main box with 1Tb disc and 2 minis.

Currently has 4 V6 boxes each having 1Tb drives = 4Tb recording space so a reduction to 1Tb would mean losing 3Tb.

I would agree, if he wants 360 his best bet would be to return 1 V6 box and get the software upgrade to the other 3 V6 boxes, thus retains 3Tb recording space.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote