Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New price rises 2021!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New price rises 2021!

Old 14-01-2021, 18:08   #61
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice
Re: New price rises 2021!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
If the first person is from an overseas call centre it's unlikely they will be able to do much other that offer the current prices
I've found this constantly and it's been an issue getting through to the UK recently (I've tried a few times but always get India). I'll have to try again in the mornings as it has always been afternoon when I've called.
Retentions always used to be UK based.

It seems the UK staff have access to a different billing system, as they've told me before that 'loyalty discounts' are separate from the main bill/discounts - which confuses the hell out of the offshore staff!

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2021, 00:39   #62
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
I've found this constantly and it's been an issue getting through to the UK recently (I've tried a few times but always get India). I'll have to try again in the mornings as it has always been afternoon when I've called.

It seems the UK staff have access to a different billing system, as they've told me before that 'loyalty discounts' are separate from the main bill/discounts - which confuses the hell out of the offshore staff!

Tom
This is same with SKY i got through to overseas and said no to the offer he was very good tbf and put me through to another retentions department in Scotland who gave me a much better deal.
Old 16-01-2021, 12:59   #63
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Tom
I tried a few times last month usually it went overseas who offered diddly squat. On one occasion in went straight to a nice Scots bloke who did me a decent deal.

No price rise for me yet, hopefully my deal superceeded it.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2021, 13:04   #64
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Tom
I always ring retentions early morning (9 ish) and have never been put through to offshore yet. I realise I've probably just hexxed it and will never get through to the UK centres again.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2021, 14:58   #65
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Got through yesterday after a pretty long wait and luckily a super polite Welsh chap picked up. UK staff are up there with the best IMO.

£44 for 200meg BB/'Mix' TV (which is seemingly still a thing) and the obligatory phoneline. Did enquire about Gig BB but it's a long way off for PO9 apparently!

They satisfied my 'new customer' price stipulation, so agreed.
Don't much like the new 18 month contracts - But I can only assume there'll be another price increase/get-out clause before then!

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2021, 18:11   #66
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Got through yesterday after a pretty long wait and luckily a super polite Welsh chap picked up. UK staff are up there with the best IMO.

£44 for 200meg BB/'Mix' TV (which is seemingly still a thing) and the obligatory phoneline. Did enquire about Gig BB but it's a long way off for PO9 apparently!

Don't much like the new 18 month contracts - But I can only assume there'll be another price increase/get-out clause before then!

Tom
Mix TV is now a legacy tier, it's bound to be the confusingly similar MixIt.

This similarity seems to have resulted in many misunderstandings by customers and VM staff based on the many threads I've seen on thr official VM forums since the MixIt/MaxIt pairing of tiers were introduced.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2021, 20:40   #67
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Mix TV is now a legacy tier, it's bound to be the confusingly similar MixIt.

This similarity seems to have resulted in many misunderstandings by customers and VM staff based on the many threads I've seen on thr official VM forums since the MixIt/MaxIt pairing of tiers were introduced.
They really do still sell Mix. However you are right to point out it often gets confused with Mixit.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2021, 21:12   #68
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
They really do still sell Mix. However you are right to point out it often gets confused with Mixit.
I stand corrected...and very surprised.
Old 16-01-2021, 21:44   #69
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I stand corrected...and very surprised.
I've still got 'Full House'. Don't need the kids tv, but part of my discount depends on it (something to do with Tivo upgrade years ago. You got to keep your old box as an extra for free, but only if you had Full House). Still getting that discount, downgrading to Maxit increases my cost.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 09:48   #70
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I've still got 'Full House'. Don't need the kids tv, but part of my discount depends on it (something to do with Tivo upgrade years ago. You got to keep your old box as an extra for free, but only if you had Full House). Still getting that discount, downgrading to Maxit increases my cost.
That's keeping something though. I was talking about selling TV tiers to new customers, and existing customers as part of trying to get a new deal.

Many of the latter have not realised what they were getting (or not getting) when they moved onto their, at first, seemingly better deal.

I'm still on the Fun TV tier, which is legacy (though I was wrong about Mix, so maybe it isn't ), I wasn't saying people weren't on old TV (legacy) tiers because I know many still are, myself included.
Old 17-01-2021, 10:18   #71
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

This is probably not the best place to ask this, but as its price increase related maybe someone here can advise me.

So like many Virgin Media customers i've been notified of a price increase which for me is around 6.01% per month. At the bottom of the email it says i should contact VM before the 10th of Feb to be able to cancel my contract without incurring any fees. I currently have Broadband, TV, and Landline from VM.

Community Fibre is set to go live on my road in the next week or two and i want to port my VM landline number over to Community Fibre's VOIP service as many friends and family especially the elderly ones have that number and have had that number since mid 90's.

However i have read, once i give VM notice to terminate my services, landline number porting doesn't work and will fail.

Here's my question can i start the number porting to another provider. Then on the 9th of Feb contact VM and say i want to cancel my services without incurring any charges?
Old 17-01-2021, 10:33   #72
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
Here's my question can i start the number porting to another provider. Then on the 9th of Feb contact VM and say i want to cancel my services without incurring any charges?
When you phone VM to give your 30 days notice they won't include your phone service in the cancellation process - this will be cancelled automatically when your number is ported to the new provider.

That's how it worked for me a few years back anyway.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 16:18   #73
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age

So back in June 2020 I re-contracted, a 12 month contract fixed for 18 months, I got the email to say going up £3.50.

Now that I am on a fixed contract surely they cannot up my price? I cannot see anything in the T&C's that state they can, any advice before I ring them up?
Old 17-01-2021, 16:23   #74
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
So back in June 2020 I re-contracted, a 12 month contract fixed for 18 months, I got the email to say going up £3.50.

Now that I am on a fixed contract surely they cannot up my price? I cannot see anything in the T&C's that state they can, any advice before I ring them up?
They can unless it was agreed beforehand to be as a fixed price. You are however free to break the contract and leave or negotiate a better price with a bit more leverage.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 16:36   #75
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Tom
That's good. We've also still got Mix TV, I made sure that they wouldn't move us on to one of the new packs this suits us perfectly.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote