Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 21-02-2020, 17:52   #271
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
I see you're going to be able to watch sky Atlantic on BT soon

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...anges-17787601
BT customers have gained the Sky channels but look set to lose 20 others:

Alibi
Animal Planet
CNN
Comedy Central Extra
Crime + Investigation
Discovery Science
Discovery Turbo
E!
Eden
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2
Investigation Discovery
Lifetime
Movies 24
MTV Music
MTV Classic
Nat Geo
TLC
TCM Movies
W

None of the above are included in BT's new packages so it's only a matter of time until existing customers lose 20 channels... I wouldn't be happy!

They should get History and History 2 when they rebrand as Sky History and Sky History 2.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2020, 18:38   #272
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post

Alibi
Animal Planet
CNN
Comedy Central Extra
Crime + Investigation
Discovery Science
Discovery Turbo
E!
Eden
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2
Investigation Discovery
Lifetime
Movies 24
MTV Music
MTV Classic
Nat Geo
TLC
TCM Movies
W

None of the above are included in BT's new packages so it's only a matter of time until existing customers lose 20 channels... I wouldn't be happy!

They should get History and History 2 when they rebrand as Sky History and Sky History 2.
Yes, BT subscribers will be able to get Sky Atlantic via Now TV.

It will be interesting to see whether Sky have also relented to enable VM to access SA through VOD, which would correspond with the BT arrangement.

There has been no indication that this will happen, but when the Sky UHD programming becomes available, I shall take a look at the VOD content to see if there are any SA videos available on there!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 19:15   #273
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

It will be interesting to see whether Sky have also relented to enable VM to access SA through VOD, which would correspond with the BT arrangement.

There has been no indication that this will happen, but when the Sky UHD programming becomes available, I shall take a look at the VOD content to see if there are any SA videos available on there!
It's not just Sky Atlantic, it's all the other Sky channels BT customers didn't have, and they are all in the EPG, so are recordable too.
Old 21-02-2020, 19:49   #274
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
It's not just Sky Atlantic, it's all the other Sky channels BT customers didn't have, and they are all in the EPG, so are recordable too.
Yes, a much improved TV service from BT.
Old 22-02-2020, 09:34   #275
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

If Virgin had a deal what included Sky Atlantic content whether linear or On Demand it would have included the fact in its press release I'm pretty sure of that.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 09:40   #276
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
If Virgin had a deal what included Sky Atlantic content whether linear or On Demand it would have included the fact in its press release I'm pretty sure of that.
OB can hope as much as he wants but l very much agree with your sentiments.
Old 22-02-2020, 10:49   #277
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

Alibi
Animal Planet
CNN
Comedy Central Extra
Crime + Investigation
Discovery Science
Discovery Turbo
E!
Eden
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2
Investigation Discovery
Lifetime
Movies 24
MTV Music
MTV Classic
Nat Geo
TLC
TCM Movies
W

I don't think that's right, SonicMaster. For example, Alibi is on channel 312, Animal Planet on 325, and so on. I think you are just looking at the new channels list.

BT viewers will be ecstatic at the extended choice now available to them.
Old 22-02-2020, 10:53   #278
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
I don't think that's right, SonicMaster. For example, Alibi is on channel 312, Animal Planet on 325, and so on. I think you are just looking at the new channels list.

BT viewers will be ecstatic at the extended choice now available to them.
I'm afraid it is OLD BOY.

BT customers have the choice of the old 'classic' pack with all those channels, or moving to the new NOW TV dominated pack that doesn't include them. It's not an extended choice, it's an alternative choice.

BT viewers are not ecstatic about it, in fact many are furious!
Old 22-02-2020, 11:05   #279
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

BT customers have the choice of the old 'classic' pack with all those channels, or moving to the new NOW TV dominated pack that doesn't include them. It's not an extended choice, it's an alternative choice.

Ah, didn't realise that it was either the new package OR the classic packagecand you can't mix them. I wonder why they've done that?

The Classic package is set out here, for those unfamiliar with it.

https://www.bt.com/packages/classic/
Old 22-02-2020, 11:07   #280
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I guess it depends on your viewing habits , personally I'd have never looked at BT TV before however these new packages would certainly entice me specifically the VIP.
Old 22-02-2020, 11:08   #281
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
That depends on the conditions set out by Sky. There may have been an embargo on this information.

To be clear, I'm not saying it will happen, I'm merely flagging up the possibility, given the BT deal.
Old 22-02-2020, 11:16   #282
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That depends on the conditions set out by Sky. There may have been an embargo on this information.

To be clear, I'm not saying it will happen, I'm merely flagging up the possibility, given the BT deal.
The BT deal is completely different and includes BT selling Now TV.
Old 22-02-2020, 16:16   #283
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I guess it depends on your viewing habits , personally I'd have never looked at BT TV before however these new packages would certainly entice me specifically the VIP.
Indeed. £60 versus my current £100 for same content is a no brainer. My current contract expires end of next month, so unless VM can match or at least that BT deal then I'm Off!
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 16:20   #284
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
The BT deal is completely different and includes BT selling Now TV.
Yes, I know that, but Sky have kept SA content exclusive to its own platform for years now, and the BT deal changes that.

I would not be at all surprised if we were given SA content on demand only, but not the live channel. You will recall that Sky has been reported as wanting to better monetise its content and this would be a neat way of achieving it.

Again, I'm not saying this will happen, but we should not close our minds to the possibility.
Old 22-02-2020, 16:44   #285
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Indeed. £60 versus my current £100 for same content is a no brainer. My current contract expires end of next month, so unless VM can match or at least that BT deal then I'm Off!
You need to be very careful. It's highly unlikely that you will get exactly the 'same content' with BT for £40 less per month!