Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 19:56   #7381
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post

CBS All Access shows are all over the place. E4, More4, SyFy, Netflix, Prime Video...
That's right. People are obsessing over platforms when they should be concentrating on content.
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2020, 20:47   #7382
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/virgin...he-uk-ireland/

Disney and Virgin Media in talks over Disney Plus.
Old 08-03-2020, 20:59   #7383
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
https://whatsondisneyplus.com/virgin...he-uk-ireland/

Disney and Virgin Media in talks over Disney Plus.
I would fully expect both BT and VM to add the service to their boxes.
Old 08-03-2020, 21:05   #7384
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I would fully expect both BT and VM to add the service to their boxes.
Indeed it would be folly not to do it.
Old 08-03-2020, 21:42   #7385
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Amazon only got 2 match days worth of Premier League football and it was all done and dusted within a few weeks in December.
Which they paid peanuts for (considerably less than BBC/ITV pay for the 6 Nations - I seriously doubt they will be looking to reduce revenue by putting it on PPV tv.
Old 09-03-2020, 15:44   #7386
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
I can't see Dazn or Amazon or Disney plus taking the lions share of any major football rights but I suspect we will see a change in how some rights will be sold. I have gut feeling the Premier League will create a new package of 24 games exclusive to online streaming. I can see Uefa doing the same with a new package of champions league rights and Europa League rights for streaming only. 1 game per week from each competition. Rights holders want to create competition for their rights. It's pretty much how Amazon got their foot in the door. I can see Dazn or Amazon sitting with nearly 50 live games per season on the cheap with Sky and BT still able to show the same amount of games. Would not surprise me if Dazn snap up the Six Nations
Some info on Dazn here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAZN?wprov=sfti1
Old 09-03-2020, 20:30   #7387
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

There is already a package of 24 games for streaming - currently Amazon paid very little to have the exclusive rights to these 2 rounds of games.

I would only expect the same in the next deal, if DAZN are coming in then it would have a huge inflationary effect on that package - I seriously doubt there would be another package for streamers at this point.

However, if a streamer wants more they could always bid for one of the traditional packages.

As for the 6 Nations, I would expect changes to its level which would mean it could only be on Free to Air TV. (Their was uproar before when England home games were on sky - the RFU soon backed off). If it is allowed to be on Pay TV expect Sky or BT to come in with a sizeable bid for most games with possibility of 1 game a round being on Free to Air TV.
Old 12-03-2020, 20:03   #7388
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Hi all- getting a weird message then trying to stream from my phone “out of house streaming isn’t permitted on this device”

To be honest I haven’t used the app in a while so it may be that
Old 12-03-2020, 23:07   #7389
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Hi all- getting a weird message then trying to stream from my phone “out of house streaming isn’t permitted on this device”

Do you have the maximun number of devices already registered? If so remove one.
Old 12-03-2020, 23:59   #7390
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

Are you using the TV Control app rather than the TV Go app?

The former only steams locally from your TV box, is a remote control and allows setting recordings remotely.

The latter is the one for streaming channels in and out of the house.
Old 14-03-2020, 19:59   #7391
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Netflix shuts down all production due to the Coronavirus:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...GZE-QEY68N7n2I
Old 14-03-2020, 20:04   #7392
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Beyond gutted
Old 14-03-2020, 20:32   #7393
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I wouldn’t assume this will necessarily delay their eventual release. Netflix doesn’t work to seasons and frankly I’ve never been able to follow the logic of exactly how and when they drop new material, assuming there is any logic to it at all. They might just as easily have finished making these shows and then sat on them another three months.
Old 14-03-2020, 20:46   #7394
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I wouldn’t assume this will necessarily delay their eventual release. Netflix doesn’t work to seasons and frankly I’ve never been able to follow the logic of exactly how and when they drop new material, assuming there is any logic to it at all. They might just as easily have finished making these shows and then sat on them another three months.
Its not just Netflix but many production companies are doing it also.

NCIS haver announced no more production for this season so it will end at episode 20 and they will pick it up again next season.
Old 14-03-2020, 20:53   #7395
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

That’s a slightly different scenario, because they’re making shows to fit a broadcast schedule. They have to be ready when the network says so and they have to give maximum notice if hey can’t fulfil the order because the network will then have specific time slots to fill and it will have to find something else to put in.

Netflix usually drops entire seasons at once and it rarely does so on a strict annual schedule. So even if ST4 is suspended for now, we will still get the entire season eventually and given Netflix’s erratic release scheduling we might not get it much later than we would have anyway.
Closed Thread