Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 18-03-2014, 17:55   #1081
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

To have to wait six months or more to find out if they you are eligible is a disgrace IMO not to mention the stress this could cause, and some illnesses could be made worse through the added stress...
Old 21-03-2014, 14:50   #1082
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Atos ‘misled ministers’ to win lucrative contract assessing disabled for benefits.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-9206278.html
Old 21-03-2014, 16:34   #1083
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Atos ‘misled ministers’ to win lucrative contract assessing disabled for benefits.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-9206278.html
Not in the least bit surprised, they lie saying the ill are fit to work adding more stress to the sick and vulnerable people of our society, I am not saying that you don't get benefit cheats of course you do, but they have declared people fit for work who clearly were not. They lie end off...
Old 21-03-2014, 18:57   #1084
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It constantly amazes me after six decades of the NHS with comprehensive care for all, how many people are so "sick" they cannot do a days honest work.
I'm sure I can do a good honest days work, hell I'd say I might even risk or manage to do Two. Beyond that it might start to get a bit dodgy.

Stupid comment.
Old 21-03-2014, 19:09   #1085
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l was not born sick but became sick through no fault of my own and unless l have a heart transplant then my illness is terminal but l have never wanted sympathy from anybody but it would be nice if some people got rid of their prejudices and understand that for many everyday is a battle to get through but there again we can't expect the uneducated or prejudiced to understand that can we.
Old 21-03-2014, 19:10   #1086
RizzyKing

There are some people claiming sickness benefit that shouldn't be as during the last government many were put onto IB by job centres looking to manipulate figures encouraged by the then government. Sadly Hero there are a great many people who cannot work whether you choose to believe it or not and not because of lifestyle choices or even self inflicted. Medicine has a greater understanding of many illnesses that in the past would have been ignored or covered by medication drastically shortening the lives of those affected. Progress has a lot of pluses and a few downsides but don't worry this coalition is doing it's best to demonize to the point many leave the longterm benefit they were on and go play the merry go round game bit less money but no hassle, no medicals and because they are perpetuately classed as short term they don't impact the figures as much.
Old 21-03-2014, 19:31   #1087
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Not in the least bit surprised, they lie saying the ill are fit to work adding more stress to the sick and vulnerable people of our society, I am not saying that you don't get benefit cheats of course you do, but they have declared people fit for work who clearly were not. They lie end off...

No they don't

Just because some people don't get the decision they want doesn't make ATOS liars
Old 21-03-2014, 19:32   #1088
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
[/B]No they don't

Just because some people don't get the decision they want doesn't make ATOS liars
do you think they never lie?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 19:41   #1089
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
l was not born sick but became sick through no fault of my own and unless l have a heart transplant then my illness is terminal but l have never wanted sympathy from anybody but it would be nice if some people got rid of their prejudices and understand that for many everyday is a battle to get through but there again we can't expect the uneducated or prejudiced to understand that can we.
Problem is though Den that too many on here label people uneducated and prejudiced simply for disagreeing or looking at things slightly differently.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
do you think they never lie?
I think people think they do when they don't get the decision they want .

What is the point in ATOS telling lies ? ATOS have nothing to gain,so it is idiotic to suggest that the company has a policy of lying
Old 21-03-2014, 19:42   #1090
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Problem is though Den that too many on here label people uneducated and prejudiced simply for disagreeing or looking at things slightly differently.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

I think people think they do when they don't get the decision they want .

What is the point in ATOS telling lies ? ATOS have nothing to gain,so it is idiotic to suggest that the company has a policy of lying
I didn't say the company has a policy of lying.

I asked you if you think they never lie?
Old 21-03-2014, 19:45   #1091
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but that opinion should be formed from listening to both sides and understanding things and not from some listening to what some prejudiced politicians or journalists spout because they generally twist things to suit their own agendas be it from the right wing or left wing of the political divide.
Old 21-03-2014, 19:45   #1092
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I didn't say the company has a policy of lying.

I asked you if you think they never lie?

Weenie did

but just for you i don't think they do as i just said what would be the point
Old 21-03-2014, 19:48   #1093
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Weenie did

but just for you i don't think they do as i just said what would be the point
For example the tester could just not like the person he is testing and lie.

Same as the testee could just lie about what happened.

I'm sure the on occasion the ATOS people lie it's inherent to human nature.

To suggest that anyone doing work for ATOS will NEVER lie is just odd.
Old 21-03-2014, 19:51   #1094
martyh

Quote:
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but that opinion should be formed from listening to both sides and understanding things and not from some listening to what some prejudiced politicians or journalists spout because they generally twist things to suit their own agendas be it from the right wing or left wing of the political divide.
As i said ...ON THIS FORUM ...having a different opinion to those on disability gets us labelled as uneducated or ignorant
Old 21-03-2014, 19:52   #1095
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
As i said ...ON THIS FORUM ...having a different opinion to those on disability gets us labelled as uneducated or ignorant
....by some, not everyone.

Just the same as on this forum - some (not all) assume that all on benefits / disability or not are just scroungers.