Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus (OLD)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus (OLD)
Closed Thread

Old 16-03-2020, 13:12   #616
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Because carers have their own lives to lead in the outside world, do you think there could be problems with them then going in to care for isolated people?

I have chosen one of my carers to live with me for the duration, but the four months quarantine is now being reported as possibly lasting a year!
Well actually it’s very frightening Richard because in the last 24 hours, I’ve just been informed that a patient, I had dealings with on Friday, just tested positive for Covid-19.
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2020, 13:22   #617
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Mcdonalds latest advert features Coronas 90's classic Rhythm of the Night. Launched on TV in the past week. Appropriate?

https://youtu.be/_IhoCBTyQPI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5e1ZBFVKek
Old 16-03-2020, 13:28   #618
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Well actually it’s very frightening Richard because in the last 24 hours, I’ve just been informed that a patient, I had dealings with on Friday, just tested positive for Covid-19.
I think i speak for all on here when i say, I hope you're tested promptly and found to be safe.
Old 16-03-2020, 13:28   #619
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Mcdonalds latest advert features Coronas 90's classic Rhythm of the Night. Launched on TV in the past week. Appropriate?

https://youtu.be/_IhoCBTyQPI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b5e1ZBFVKek
Yes, it’s appropriate.

The only people who will say otherwise are the permanently offended thought police that have nothing better to do all day than be outraged on Twatter.

These adverts have long lead times, and the song will have been selected (and covered, because it isn’t Corona’s version they’re using) many months ago.

In other news, Corona beer is still on sale at my local Thresher. Outrage!
Old 16-03-2020, 13:29   #620
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Oh no, let's hope that everbody is ok.

Maybe there is a case for having the same carers live in? But the problem is that there won't be enough staff beds and carers will still need to sleep.
Old 16-03-2020, 13:30   #621
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I think i speak for all on here when i say, I hope you're tested promptly and found to be safe.
+1
Old 16-03-2020, 13:31   #622
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

The DWP have suspended all face to face assessments for ESA, PIP, DLA for three months.

The free TVL for all over 75's has now been extended until 1 August, I guess that they don't wsnt them going outside to buy a TV licence. In fact, come to think of it, they should also suspend TV licence inspectors from making house visits too.
Old 16-03-2020, 13:36   #623
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The BBC and Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport have issued the following statement on TV Licences for over 75s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/st...C-A0DFC28169F1

Quote:
“The BBC and the Government have been discussing the national Coronavirus situation.
Old 16-03-2020, 13:36   #624
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yes, it’s appropriate.

The only people who will say otherwise are the permanently offended thought police that have nothing better to do all day than be outraged on Twatter.

These adverts have long lead times, and the song will have been selected (and covered, because it isn’t Corona’s version they’re using) many months ago.

In other news, Corona beer is still on sale at my local Thresher. Outrage!
Are you still going to let out your room for the time being? I'd be wary of allowing strangers into the family home, but there again i'm in poor health and am self isolating.
Old 16-03-2020, 13:38   #625
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
They no longer test people unless they’re showing signs of symptoms of Covid-19 and more crucially, have been admitted to hospitals.

The basic advice is that as soon as symptoms show, I’m to go in to self isolation. If symptoms show and I deteriorate further, then that is when I assume I will get admitted, they don’t want people turning up in A & E Departments unless symptoms are a threat to life.
Old 16-03-2020, 13:48   #626
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
They no longer test people unless they’re showing signs of symptoms of Covid-19 and more crucially, have been admitted to hospitals.

The basic advice is that as soon as symptoms show, I’m to go in to self isolation. If symptoms show and I deteriorate further, then that is when I assume I will get admitted, they don’t want people turning up in A & E Departments unless symptoms are a threat to life.

I thought that testing was going to be made fully available to medical professionals/first responders (similar to how the US intend to act)

Regardless, I hope you stay safe

Best
Old 16-03-2020, 13:50   #627
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Carers are selflessly putting themselves at risk by caring for those who might have the virus. Those who find themselves in a position where they have to self isolate obviously can't attend work.

This will be why volunteers and retired people are to be asked to care for people. However, these good people probably won't have the experience & qualifications that you and your colleagues have, so it will be interesting. They could unintentionally cause damage by not knowing how to use a hoist properly etc.
Old 16-03-2020, 14:03   #628
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
There are 53 cases in Hampshire, out of a local population of 1,376,316.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
That they've detected. Given they aren't screening anyone who isn't seriously ill or dead any longer the real figure is probably a heck of a lot more. The stats on this are meaningless given the testing criteria now.
Old 16-03-2020, 14:21   #629
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
That they've detected. Given they aren't screening anyone who isn't seriously ill or dead any longer the real figure is probably a heck of a lot more. The stats on this are meaningless given the testing criteria now.
For once, I agree with Mr K, he is right. Even the Chief Medical Officer and his team say there is thousands out there with Coronavirus, that just haven’t been detected. Though one thing that is positive for the UK, is that we have tested a hell of a lot more people than the U.S has.
Old 16-03-2020, 14:26   #630
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Are you still going to let out your room for the time being? I'd be wary of allowing strangers into the family home, but there again i'm in poor health and am self isolating.
Our B&B is still operating. We only have self-enclosed units, and due to other pressures we’re only actually using one of them this year - a shepherd’s hut that sits outside our house. It’s a small space, easily wiped down between guests, and I’m only in the space with them for 30 seconds while delivering room service each morning. I don’t even need to do that - with a little thought I could deliver breakfast to the storage locker outside the hut. It will be a little less magical than the big wicker hamper we normally deposit on their bed, but needs must.

Nobody living here is in an at-risk group so I’m not concerned. We will either get it or we won’t. And even though I will welcome a few hundred strangers here during the season (assuming they don’t all start cancelling), that’s still fewer than some of you will see at the station or in your workplaces every day.

The air is very clean in the highlands!
Closed Thread