Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:28   #511
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Just had my result, back in the support group without an assessment. One less to worry about just got wait for PIP now.
That is great news dilli.
Old 02-12-2017, 14:08   #512
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I still feel all kinds of wrong claiming it all though.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 14:41   #513
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Why? Can't remember what it is you claim, but you are entitled to it. Ignore the haters (yes rich of me to say that because I can't even take a joke at work) and carry on. Trust me, if they were in your shoes they would soon change their tune.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 14:42   #514
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Why? as you have every right to claim it dilli as don't listen to those who's narrow minded uneducated views believes most benefit claimants are scroungers.
Old 02-12-2017, 15:43   #515
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
In my mind, it should not have to be a "claim" but an automatic payment of financial aid for those who need it. But I understand what you mean, there is a stigma attached to Benefits that opens you to critisism by some. Been there, suffered that.

A DWP brown envelope arrived for our daughter this morning and my heart skipped a beat. But it was not her DLA-to-PIP letter, just notification of her £10 Xmas Bonus.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 15:48   #516
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
In my mind, it should not have to be a "claim" but an automatic payment of financial aid for those who need it. But I understand what you mean, there is a stigma attached to Benefits that opens you to critisism by some. Been there, suffered that.

A DWP brown envelope arrived for our daughter this morning and my heart skipped a beat. But it was not her DLA-to-PIP letter, just notification of her £10 Xmas Bonus.

I agree.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 16:33   #517
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Just had my result, back in the support group without an assessment. One less to worry about just got wait for PIP now.
Excellent. Yes it's inevitably worrying but we tend to hear plenty about the awful horror stories and not so much about those when the system works fairly well. Osem Jnr # 2 didn't need a PIP assessment and I can't believe you will.

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post

Yes, brown envelopes have that effect on me too...

For us the PIP process was far easier than the DLA and the outcome much better FWIW. Good luck Taf.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 16:37   #518
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Some time ago you said that you were going to "claim everything that you could get"; I hope all the negative propoganda from David Cameron et al hasn't got to you

There is nothing wrong with those entitled to help claiming what's due to them, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:14   #519
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Whitewash report incoming...

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/n...al-assessments
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 23:52   #520
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Some time ago you said that you were going to "claim everything that you could get"; I hope all the negative propoganda from David Cameron et al hasn't got to you

There is nothing wrong with those entitled to help claiming what's due to them, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
I think Dilli is simply acknowledging that hard working tax payers are paying for this, Richard.

Most of us are happy for the genuinely deserving to receive these benefits. It's the scroungers that cause such rage in the population.

Dilli has shown that she is conscious of this, and that being the case, I have no concerns with a proportion of my money going to her.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 00:39   #521
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

He, not her
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 00:57   #522
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
He, not her
Sorry, my bad.

Apologies, Dilli.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:32   #523
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think Dilli is simply acknowledging that hard working tax payers are paying for this, Richard.

Indeed and that has not been forgotten.

---------- Post added at 05:26 ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 ----------

Quote:
Most of us are happy for the genuinely deserving to receive these benefits. It's the scroungers that cause such rage in the population.

Indeed those who cheat the system should have the book thrown at them.

---------- Post added at 05:32 ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 ----------

Quote:
Most of us are happy for the genuinely deserving to receive these benefits.
Dilli , l and others never chose to have serious ill health but as we know life does not go in smooth lines at the best of times OB so one is happy that one gets help to help with the extra costs caused by long term ill-health or disability.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:48   #524
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
He, not her
phew i though he'd had the nip n tuck for a moment
Old 09-12-2017, 11:07   #525
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
phew i though he'd had the nip n tuck for a moment
gotta be stuck here in Hospital for something right
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote