Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Old 07-01-2016, 11:38   #241
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Apologies if this has been posted before, but has anyone typed in

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

to google search yet?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2016, 17:38   #242
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Could Darth Vader Really Cameo in Star Wars: Rogue One?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3735927?...tar-wars-story
Old 15-01-2016, 20:46   #243
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That has been rumoured for a long time now.
Old 16-01-2016, 05:09   #244
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I was of the impression Rogue One would be closer to the current timeline or at least after RotJ. Taking things back to when Vader was alive feels to me a little too much like relying sentimentality of the original films rather than focusing on the storyline (a bit like how Phantom Menace came across to some people).

Ok it felt like they did that a bit in the Force Awakens but if they do it with Rogue One it would feel just a little desperate to me.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 10:05   #245
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I was of the impression Rogue One would be closer to the current timeline or at least after RotJ. Taking things back to when Vader was alive feels to me a little too much like relying sentimentality of the original films rather than focusing on the storyline (a bit like how Phantom Menace came across to some people).

Ok it felt like they did that a bit in the Force Awakens but if they do it with Rogue One it would feel just a little desperate to me.
Rogue One is set before A New Hope as it is to do with the stealing of the Death Star plans U am sure.

All the stand alone movies are before ANH. One is about a young Han Solo. Think the third one is about Bobafett.
Old 16-01-2016, 10:16   #246
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I do wish that they'd taken the books timeline and not thrown it all out of the window
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 10:23   #247
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

AS good as some of the books were. There were so many books and different series that they felt it was too complicated to have them all as canon.

I am glad they did in a way. TFA was brilliant.
Old 16-01-2016, 22:38   #248
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

There's no way in hell they could have kept the old Expanded Universe.

How could they possibly have done a new sequel trilogy when there had already been a buttload of books set in the days, weeks, months, years, and decades following on from ROTJ - books that the majority of people will have never read or even heard of.

Wiping the slate clean was the only solution.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 14:40   #249
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

These are release dates for the next 5 Star Wars films.

16/12/2016 - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

26/05/2017 - Star Wars: Episode VIII

25/08/2018 - Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (I guess this is were we see the cack story of how Han rescues Chewbacca, and family?

xx/xx/xxxx - Star Wars: Episode IX (2019 I would guess, say May the usual Stare Wars release date) (Should be May the 4th )

xx/xx/2020 - Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett
Old 21-01-2016, 05:48   #250
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ Delayed Until End of 2017.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni59405364?...inkId=20531292
Old 21-01-2016, 09:14   #251
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Good. Hopefully they'll come up with a better story than recycled 7 which had more holes than Swiss cheese.
Old 21-01-2016, 09:30   #252
denphone
Still alive and fighting

So you were not pleased with TFA then Peanut?.
Old 21-01-2016, 09:40   #253
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
So you were not pleased with TFA then Peanut?.
I enjoyed it, but it didn't live up to the hype. I ain't normally that critical of films nor am I easily that pleased, but TFA was one of those films that the more I thought about it the worse it got. So it did end up a disappointment overall for me as there are just too many things wrong with it.

I really hope the next one is a lot better.
Old 21-01-2016, 09:45   #254
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Well if we all shared the same opinion Peanut then life would be rather boring but l thought it was a outstanding film but then again l am rather biased when it comes to Star Wars.
Old 21-01-2016, 10:27   #255
peanut
NUTS !!

I don't see how being biased has anything to do with it. Basically you could be saying it was crap but beings it was star wars then it was good regardless. That doesn't make any sense.

TFA wasn't crap, it wasn't good either. It felt rushed, the story didn't add up and I ain't for reading into things that aren't there either just to appease myself. The acting was poor but not as poor as the first 1-3.

I wish I was just nit-picking but I ain't. When people give this a 10 it does make me wonder just how easily pleased some people are. Maybe because it has flashy lights and explosions etc I don't know.

But overall I'd give it a 6.75/10, as 6.5 seems too low and 7 seems too high. But I will be looking forward to the next episode as much as the next person.