Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2012 season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2012 season

Old 26-11-2012, 13:10   #526
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Formula 1 2012 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
You've got to remember that the stewards will have a computer plan of the circuit which shows them live and also re-viewable all cars and all lights/flags at any time during the race. I believe any indiscretions are automatically flagged on this system which will including speeding in the pit lane, false starts..etc...
Ya true i suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Congrats to Vettel.

Feel bad for Hamilton this year. His luck has been just been non-existent paired with a car with serious reliability issues. Hamilton gets hit and it ends his race, Seb takes a hit and he somehow still walks away world champion, says it all really.

If Hamilton had Vettel's luck this year and even a half reliable car, he'd have ran away with this title.

Can't deny it made for one of the best season's I've seen.

Onto 2013
I agree. Lewis would have won. Roll on March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Yes indeed, some great discussions although I do apologise for coming over as a grumpy old git yesterday. Certainly one of the best seasons I have known for a long time, here's hoping that 2013 will be just as good.
I forgive you

Quote:
I'm astounded he still has a drive next year Grosjean. Had Schumacher not retired again, do we think Hamilton would have signed a new deal with McLaren?
Yes
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2012, 13:10   #527
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Lewis was distressed by McLaren at the time Mercedes were on the prowl for a new driver, pot luck for the Merc lot.

Lewis would have likely remained but the same situation may have arisen next season if his McLaren was just as poor as it has been this year.

If the car is as poor next season then I believe Lewis' move was inevitable.

However I believe if he'd stuck next year out with McLaren he'd have been a Red Bull driver in 2014.
Old 26-11-2012, 14:15   #528
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Gutted Vettel won.

Great race though.
Old 28-11-2012, 21:58   #529
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

LOL, Ferrari I think have been readint he forums as now they are considering a protest
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20531638
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 23:23   #530
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Couldn't make it up could you really? No way to win a title imo.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 01:27   #531
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

That's a crock. If they had good reason to protest then why has it taken this long? First they break a gearbox seal to put Alonso ahead at the previous GP and now this. Ferrari are ******s
Old 29-11-2012, 03:59   #532
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Couldn't make it up could you really? No way to win a title imo.
Indeed, It's a disgrace if a world title is decided off the track. At the same time if what Vettel did was against the rules then it should be punished. Such an awkward situation.
Old 29-11-2012, 08:15   #533
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Ive seen the footage of the overtake it it really is clear that Vettel passed a Toro Rosso under yellow flags. From what was on BBC Radio 2 this morning Ferrai dont need to appeal as it already goes to the stewards. If Vettel is found guilty then he will get 20 seconds added to his time which puts him form 6th place to 8th place. That means Alonso will win the title by 1 point.

I hope he gets punished but im not holding my breathe
Old 29-11-2012, 08:17   #534
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Ive seen the footage of the overtake it it really is clear that Vettel passed a Toro Rosso under yellow flags. From what was on BBC Radio 2 this morning Ferrai dont need to appeal as it already goes to the stewards. If Vettel is found guilty then he will get 20 seconds added to his time which puts him form 6th place to 8th place. That means Alonso will win the title by 1 point.

I hope he gets punished but im not holding my breathe
Its not exactly the right and proper way to decide a world title though is it.
Old 29-11-2012, 08:41   #535
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its not exactly the right and proper way to decide a world title though is it.
No i agree but if Vettel had 'cheated' by doing an illegel overtake to win then the title then he has to be punished and to loose the extra points he gained
Old 29-11-2012, 11:06   #536
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
No i agree but if Vettel had 'cheated' by doing an illegel overtake to win then the title then he has to be punished and to loose the extra points he gained
It all hinges on whether a marshall was waving a green flag just after turn 3 doesnt it. Crucially the panel can take into account whether they think Vettel, if he had been penalised at the time, could have made up the places and still finished in a title winning position.

I really hope that Vettel is not demoted.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 11:20   #537
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Doubtful, the race is over and so is the season, if it was found to be a problem they'd just be likely to issue a fine or a grid drop for the next race though as it'll be a new season even a grid drop is unlikely.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 12:49   #538
nstokes
Inactive

Vettel commieted no offence say the FIA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20541589
Old 29-11-2012, 12:49   #539
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

FIA believes Sebastian Vettel has no case to answer.

That puts a end to it.
Old 29-11-2012, 13:00   #540
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
FIA believes Sebastian Vettel has no case to answer.

That puts a end to it.
Indeed sadly it does. I still believe the overtake was illegal and so do other people i have spoke to