Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 13:06   #421
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Has Sony sold their TV Channels???

Ofcom has revealed the following "Licence transfers"

The following Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited has become Crown 11 Limited

-POP
-Sony Movies Action
-Sony Movies Classic
-Sony Movies
-Sony Channel
-POP Max
-Tiny POP

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

Also Discovery has transfers all channels on Lifestyle Newco Limited (HGTV and Really) to Discovery Corporate Services Limited
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2021, 13:26   #422
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Has Sony sold their TV Channels???

Ofcom has revealed the following "Licence transfers"

The following Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited has become Crown 11 Limited

-POP
-Sony Movies Action
-Sony Movies Classic
-Sony Movies
-Sony Channel
-POP Max
-Tiny POP

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

Also Discovery has transfers all channels on Lifestyle Newco Limited (HGTV and Really) to Discovery Corporate Services Limited
Well if you were to invest some of those Media Boy HQ resources into research you can search for Crown 11 LTD and find them here…

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Google their address and it’s the same as Sony Pictures Television.

And if you were to look at the incorporation filing from July 2020 you will find that it’s a private limited company with erm, Columbia Pictures (owned by Sony) as the initial shareholder.
Old 05-05-2021, 16:02   #423
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Lifestyle Newco Limited would have been a holding co set up during the transition from Scripps / UKTV moving these services over to the Discovery stable.
Old 14-05-2021, 16:51   #424
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
Well if you were to invest some of those Media Boy HQ resources into research you can search for Crown 11 LTD and find them here…

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Google their address and it’s the same as Sony Pictures Television.

And if you were to look at the incorporation filing from July 2020 you will find that it’s a private limited company with erm, Columbia Pictures (owned by Sony) as the initial shareholder.
And it appears Sony have decided to throw egg on my well researched reply and only gone and sold those bloody channels…

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/s...ve-1234972645/
Old 14-05-2021, 17:37   #425
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
And it appears Sony have decided to throw egg on my well researched reply and only gone and sold those bloody channels…

Thanks.

Wonder if they have interest in HD? They only mention AVOD and a more "premium level of movies" in that article. What will the new replacement brand will be? Media Boy's post said the holding company is called Crown 11, maybe all the Sony-branded channels (since they seem to be keeping the Pop brand) will be Crown-branded?

Interesting that the person who ran CSC pre-Sony is involved.
Old 14-05-2021, 18:39   #426
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Interesting to note the degree of interest in launching AVOD for Sony content, although there is no speculation that the TV channels will be closed.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.
Old 16-05-2021, 00:45   #427
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

31 May stated by Telegraph as launch date for GB News.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-within-weeks/
Old 16-05-2021, 00:51   #428
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
31 May stated by Telegraph as launch date for GB News.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-within-weeks/
another channel to avoid
Old 16-05-2021, 00:56   #429
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
another channel to avoid
Maybe you aren’t a ‘news’ person, Dave. Or alternatively, perhaps you are happy with BBC’s left wing crap?
Old 16-05-2021, 01:04   #430
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe you aren’t a ‘news’ person, Dave. Or alternatively, perhaps you are happy with BBC’s left wing crap?
see you got rose tinted specs on again and BBC if far from being left wing you forget that Laura Kuenssberg is a mouth piece for Boris Johnson got enough right wing crap about dont need more but the corrupt tories cant do anything wrong ever can they OB

this not the tread for politics but for record watch news from ITV bbc and sky mostly ITV

Last edited by Dave42; 16-05-2021 at 01:26.
Old 16-05-2021, 01:13   #431
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
OLD BOY i don't wish to get into a political debate but I always find the "BBC news is left wing bias" to be completely daft and without any evidence.

BBC TV in terms of its television shows is more liberal i will give you that. Lots of examples of the shows being made currently which has a liberal bias and political correctness agenda. I will give you that. I'm not saying i'm either for or against that.

BBC News i can't give you that same backing. I offer you this :

"Perhaps the most compelling proof of the BBC’s bias, however, can be found in its treatment of Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn. A study conducted by the Media Reform Coalition and published recently by the universally-respected Birkbeck University found that the mainstream media (which, of course, includes the BBC) has consistently given more time and prominence to Corbyn’s critics than his supporters. In fact, they’ve given his critics twice as much airtime."

Without looking at further evidence some examples of BBC News being bias to the right rather than the left was Laura Kussenberg telling people the day before the election the tories were ahead in postal votes. Imagine the outrage if it had happened the other way around. You can add to giving "voices" to the right on shows like question time to people such as Nigel Farage who has never been elected to a poltical office in this country.

But again I don't wish to engage in further political chat. To be honest it bores me. The whole system bores me.

But accusing BBC NEWS and i stress bbc NEWS of being left bias i think is fundamentally a lazy opinion from someone who usually expresses intering viewpoints. The entertainment section of the BBC being very left leaning- absolutely you can go to town on that.

I'm looking forward to GB News for the pure outrage it'll cause and the sh*t show of people they'll bring out. Just like I wanted Fox News to be broadcast on virgin because of the hilarity of some of its pundits. I can also look forward to things even if i have zero political support for such people. The less certain people can speak on twitter and say their words are "twisted" is always good for democracy so I look forward to them getting their chance on live television.

To change the conversation as I hate political chat and just engaged in it to try to argue against the lazy argumemt of bbc news being left bias may i ask one question.....

when does the new tivo software roll out on v6s? will it be this year? Also any impact on virgin services with the o2 launch? Could we potentially get unlimited data to view virgin media tv perhaps?

Last edited by vincerooney; 16-05-2021 at 01:13. Reason: .
Old 16-05-2021, 09:56   #432
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
when does the new tivo software roll out on v6s? will it be this year? Also any impact on virgin services with the o2 launch? Could we potentially get unlimited data to view virgin media tv perhaps?
New TiVo software rolls out on V6s regularly. We finished a roll-out a couple of weeks ago - re-enabling Radioline is the most obvious change.

If you mean a roll-out of the 360 software to all users, this won't happen because everybody would need new remote controls. Also imagine the outrage from everyone suddenly losing all their recordings without their agreement. If you want your V6 boxes converting to 360, call Customer Services and they'll send you the new remotes and instructions for converting the software. (If you have 3 V6s, they'll send a technician to do it instead)

Nothing has been announced regarding changes from the O2 deal.
Old 16-05-2021, 11:44   #433
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
see you got rose tinted specs on again and BBC if far from being left wing you forget that Laura Kuenssberg is a mouth piece for Boris Johnson got enough right wing crap about dont need more but the corrupt tories cant do anything wrong ever can they OB

this not the tread for politics but for record watch news from ITV bbc and sky mostly ITV
Sorry but I think the BBC is anti government who ever is in power. If they knock them enough it means they will that them have more money

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Quote:
another channel to avoid
Straight to favourites .

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Quote:
Didn't think I would agree with you !
Old 16-05-2021, 11:45   #434
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

What a heap of *****e - the bbc is so left wing it ceases to be a level playing field.

Just as it was so antiBrexit.

Presumably Kuenssberg will spend the next few months telling everyone how the SNP have a mandate for a second referendum.
Old 16-05-2021, 11:48   #435
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
What a heap of *****e - the bbc is so left wing it ceases to be a level playing field.

Just as it was so antiBrexit.

Presumably Kuenssberg will spend the next few months telling everyone how the SNP have a mandate for a second referendum.
Give them and the rest of UK the referendum perhap we can get rid of them .and the news channels can focus on real news not pet causes