Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Avengers: Endgame

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Avengers: Endgame

Old 27-04-2019, 20:46   #76
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Avengers: Endgame

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/27/m...ord/index.html

Quote:
"Avengers: Endgame" has made an estimated $644 million at the worldwide box office. That makes it the biggest global opening in film history.

And the weekend isn't even close to being over yet.

The Disney (DIS) and Marvel film surpassed the record held by "Avengers: Infinity War," which made $641 million for its opening around the world last April.

"Endgame," which has the Avengers return to take on the evil Thanos, has grossed an estimated $487 million overseas, according to the studio. That breaks the record for the biggest opening weekend internationally, which was held by 2017's "The Fate of the Furious."

"Endgame" also already has the highest-grossing three day start ever in China. The film has so far made $217 million there.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2019, 21:24   #77
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Just back from the cinema. Absolutely superb.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I did wonder who he was .

Spoiler: 
we were debating whether Gamora was killed during Iron Mans snap? She wasn’t with the Guardians at the end
Spoiler: 
Aboard the Guardians’ ship, Quill was looking at a screen with her on it, and the caption said “searching”. I think because she’s the pre-Guardians Gamora she may have run off. She didn’t seem keen on Quill.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2019, 22:34   #78
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Spoiler: 
yeah that was one thing which really confused me. It made sense that they couldn't bring her back because they already established that they couldn't bring Nat back but I didn't know whether the new Gamora was snapped away with Thanos et al at the end or what. It didn't make sense to me that she would just waltz off when she seemed to be bonding with Nebula.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 10:20   #79
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Spoiler: 
I dunno, Nebula left after GOTG2 despite starting to bond with Gamora. Maybe part 3 will explain in more detail why she ran off.

Also, there seems to have been a rumour that there’s no coda at the end of this film. There is, but you have to stay to the very end and pay attention, because it’s

Spoiler: 
Just the sound of someone hammering, which may or may not be connected to the fact that Steve Rogers left on his final mission carrying Thor’s hammer, but returned without it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 10:34   #80
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Spoiler: 
i thought it was a tribute to iron man and a reference to how it all started and him hammering out his first suit in the cave
Old 28-04-2019, 15:34   #81
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yes, very good. I still probably prefer the individual stories such as Spiderman: Homecoming and Black Panther but is my favourite of the Avenger films by far.

Spoiler: 
The portal scene, which is pretty much something we were all waiting for, was very very cool. The whole battle scene was good really
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 17:53   #82
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I believe General Maximus is correct with his end credits explanation

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Spoiler: 
OK, what I didn’t like:

1. The Hulk, absolutely ruined that character. That’s the end of the Hulk, I don’t see him returning to the MCU.
2. Ruined Thor, hopefully if Thor is in GOTG3, his character will be redeemed and not be the butt of the films jokes.
3. Bucky should have got the shield. I know in the comics Falcon has been Captain America, but so has Bucky, and at least Bucky is a super soldier. Sam would get his ass whooped by just about anyone.

What I did like:
1. Everything else.
Old 28-04-2019, 18:01   #83
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...pening-828389/
Quote:
Avengers: Endgame’ Breaks All Box Office Records With $1.2 Billion Opening

As expected, Avengers: Endgame shattered every opening week record in box office history as the Marvel epic opened with $1.2 billion worldwide and $350 million domestic, both new records.

Endgame crushed the record established one year earlier by its predecessor Avengers: Infinity War, which opened with $250 million domestically – surpassing Star Wars: The Force Awakens‘ record of $248 million set in December 2015 – and $630 million worldwide, Variety reports.

Even after Infinity War‘s release, The Fate of the Furious, somehow, held onto its box office record for foreign opening weekend with $443 million; Endgame also demolished that record, bringing in $859 million overseas, including a mammoth $330 million opening weekend in China.
And deservedly so...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 20:00   #84
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It's already the biggest film of the year. Apparently Captain Marvel is still 2nd in the domestic box office this week too! That boycott went well.

Will it become the most successful film of all time?

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

Another thing I liked:

Spoiler: 

Dr Strange using his fingers to signify '1 chance' towards Iron Man as it dawns on Iron Man that he'll have to take the glove, do the snap and sacrifice himself.
Old 29-04-2019, 08:04   #85
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Another thing I liked:
yeah, it is hard to explain why in words but it is the strong, sincere, genuine and believable emotional moments like that that do it for me and why I love Marvel films. You can have fun and OTT action films like Aquaman (not picking on it specifically) where you make the character out to be a certain type of person but despite how dyer the situation you know they are never really going to be in any peril. Same with Superman as well.
The thing which I love about the Marvel films is that you have a genuine connection with the characters, feel their pain as they go through traumatic events and know it means something. I nearly cried when Gamora died in Infinity War.
Spoiler: 
In terms of what you reference above, Tony has always been a comedic and laid back guy but he has always been a man of principle and done what he believed was right. When the time came he did the right thing to save everyone he loved and you could feel how genuine and sincere it was.
Old 29-04-2019, 23:59   #86
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

It may not be THE best movie ever made but its my favourite movie of all time I reckon. At the very least though it's up there as one of, if not the best cinematic spectacle ever seen.
Spoiler: 
The Avengers Assemble scene will undoubtedly go down as one of the greatest scenes in cinema history. Absolutely incredible and the final battle will be up there with the likes of the Lord of the rings franchise.

Spoiler: 
Hyped for the idea of GOTG 3 potentially throwing in some loose Asgardians of the galaxy vibes
Old 30-04-2019, 10:00   #87
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Spoiler: 
The Avengers Assemble scene will undoubtedly go down as one of the greatest scenes in cinema history. Absolutely incredible and the final battle will be up there with the likes of the Lord of the rings franchise.
Spoiler: 
I think because of the heavy reliance on CGI it might end up dating relatively quickly. There were parts where the environment and the characters didn't quite seem in sync.

Lord of the Rings used a lot of practical effects, miniatures, real crowds, clever camera work and that kind of thing which is why if you go back and watch it now the battles scenes hold up really well.
Old 30-04-2019, 10:42   #88
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I thought the CGI was weird at times making the characters look deformed and miniaturized. Kind of spoilt it a bit for me.
Old 30-04-2019, 15:57   #89
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I thought the CGI was weird at times making the characters look deformed and miniaturized. Kind of spoilt it a bit for me.
Thought this was an issue with my specs and the 3D glasses.

Although
Spoiler: 
I thought it could be trying to make the post wipeout/pre Action characters appear diminished by the loss.

Last edited by Angua; 30-04-2019 at 16:02.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 16:45   #90
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Nah in the big battle sequence there was something up with the perspective and the way the characters were fitting into the background, it looked liked it was all on green screen although it wasn't.