Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Supergirl

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Supergirl

Old 08-06-2016, 00:22   #16
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Supergirl

Well they did mention the events of Cap on a few occasions but I really think the later half of season 3 was pretty poor. I only watched it as I had to finish what I started. It was lower than Arrow on my list of stuff to watch.

I do love Supergirl though and Flash.
Old 08-06-2016, 00:51   #17
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It was lower than Arrow on my list of stuff to watch.
No way. This season of Arrow was so bad that i would have understood if they turned around and said they was going to cancel it. Looking back i cant actually think of one godd thing that happened which i really liked/enjoyed.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:38   #18
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Each to their own. I love Shield, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl & LoT.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:04   #19
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Give Arrow another season. Its already known why it was so awful this season. Resources were allocated elsewhere. Basically the entire creative team of Arrow went to work on The Flash, then LoT got set off as did Supergirl with hefty budgets thus further sending Arrow down the pecking order. If Arrow is once again poorly written and executed then we will know for certain that they simply don't care. I'm holding out for the reasoning being they thought it was established enough to survive a chopping here and there and got it wrong and then inject new life into it again.

DC's TV shows are gold. What I'd give to have CW revive Constantine full time, although that would further stretch the costs of what they already have. Also check out Lucifer, loosely set on DC's Lucifer Morningstar, had a slowish season with a few shining moments that are unique and could make a great show if it goes the right way.

I get why people would like to see DC references from TV to Movies but be fair, it'd be stupid at this point. Agents of Shield didn't introduce a very major character then have someone completely different play it in the movie. By major I mean any one of the avengers. That being said those roles were already established before the series.

Flash TV and Flash Justice League movies are two different actors and it would be pretty daft to link the cinematic universes. There was no sane way to link them without having Grant Austin play The Flash in the movie.

I also get the actual point though and I can't see a real reason to have never given a nod to Batman or Superman other than DC wanting to keep them movie exclusive. They're big hits and be fair, The Flash was hardly big news until the wildly successful series and non surprisingly they want to push movies for him.

As above though. Consider that Agents of Shield was pushed out after The Avengers and stand alone movies and that DC's Arrow and Flash were before the new DC movie revamps. With the exception of Man of Steel.

Further adding to it, Stephen Amell has all but said he won't be portraying a movie version of the Green Arrow which would further distance the universe.

The above is what happens when trying to keep up with comic book universes and time lines and alternates.. I have no idea how people keep track.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 08-06-2016 at 04:23.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:55   #20
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Further adding to it, Stephen Amell has all but said he won't be portraying a movie version of the Green Arrow which would further distance the universe
that is the other thing which spoils it for me though. Yes they haven't had any big Avengers in AOS but they have had Sam Jackson in it and obviously Clark Gregg (Coulson). At some point I imagine they will tie Shield back into one of the movies and we will see Clark Gregg play Coulson. It is little things like this which make the who thing real for me and I can believe it is one big universe with stories being told from different view points.

I can understand why it would need to be done but if they make an Arrow and Flash movie without the actors from the tv series it would just be stupid. I would be like "hang on, I have shared Barry's life with him for the last 2 years and seen all the stuff he has been through and I know the Flash, w(ho)tf is this dude?" Things like that spoil it for me and for want of a better analogy, literally shatter the universe because you have now got different people playing the same character doing different things. The thing which I love about Marvel is their passion for consistency and making sure everything is carefully kept together and referenced and is just one huge story.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:24   #21
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I can't believe it though. Yes Jackson was in it like once and yes they once in a while mention the Avengers but it really doesn't feel like the same world.

Personally I think the Marvel TV universe should be separate from the movies as they just don't have the budget to keep the continuity flowing smoothly.

I don't have an issue with other actors playing the parts in TV/Movies as at the end of the day it is based off a comic that has been running for decades and they do have different people taking on the role of that superhero from time to time.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:47   #22
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
but it really doesn't feel like the same world.
I disagree. Yes they have their own story arc and over time you can forget about everything else and think they are doing their own thing but in each season they have "sync'd" the stories and timelines to what is going on with films. I thought Captain America 3 was fantastic and the one thing i would love to see going forward is some x-men involvement. I keep flapping on about stuff being realistic and if there was such a dier situation in any of Marvel movied then i would expect the x-men to hop on their jet and lend a hand. And i should add that i can't wait to see the new Spiderman film thanks to CA3.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:38   #23
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Even though they're completely separate universes they could've just cast the movie actor as Jay Garrick or Wally West to avoid fan criticism. Personally I see it as an entirely different Flash than the one on TV.

Also it's possible we are set up for Flashpoint in The Flash season 3, which would reintroduce Reverse Flash, Death stroke, Captain Cold and much more assuming they stuck to source material. The source material also included Thomas Wayne as Batman but I doubt that'll come to light.

Those new to this story: Barry goes back in time saving his mother* This creates an alternate reality where everything is now different because The Flash was created in the prime timeline due to Reverse Flash killing his mother. His mothers death is crucial to Barry becoming the Flash. In the Flashpoint reality, Barry is no longer with powers, his mother alive, Captain Cold is the hero of Central City#

* Happened at the end of Season 2
# Not sure if Wentworth will actually be involved but this timeline effectively revives him from death.

Its highly likely it'll be loosely based on Flashpoint though and will largely differ from source.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 08-06-2016 at 11:51.
Old 08-06-2016, 19:03   #24
General Maximus
Ran Away

"The role of Clark Kent has not yet been cast. Will this news start up the Tom Welling rumors once again? He starred on Smallville, which ended its run on CW several years ago. With the premiere of Supergirl, many fans wondered if Welling would take on the Clark Kent role for the new series.

With Supergirl now housed on CW, it is possible that Welling could pick up the role, but the actor said that he had not been asked to reprise his role. That might change with the Supergirl move. Fans will have to wait and see who picks up the role of Clark Kent. That news should come in the weeks ahead"

I would love to see Tom Welling come back. He would be the perfect fit for it as he is now the more experienced, older and maturer of the two super heroes.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:05   #25
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Its hard to push Superman without damaging the integrity of Supergirl though, sure the odd sporadic appearance would do no harm but a series regular or even another standalone supes could draw away from the show. To further explain damaging the integrity, look at the shambolic mess Arrow season 4 finale left itself in. Team Arrow vs the entire world's nuclear stockpile. Granted it was crappy writing but I didn't believe for one second Oliver Queen was capable due to the numerous appearances by The Flash and even more vital to that plot was John Constantine whom regularly deals with magic and death. If Clark Kent was to constantly appear you'd likely end up with the same criticism. It would make sense to have him in a passing the torch role, establishing Supergirl as an equal to the point she would never require Superman.

Again though, TV characters should never be written so far out of their depth the way Arrow just was in a shared universe. You know its bad when three of us have agreed unanimously that it was dire. Marvel have had their lower key versions though. Look at Cap: Winter Soldier, we're meant to believe Tony Stark and others just didn't care that Hydra were about to decimate the population. You just have to accept that stuff sometimes and it barely matters if the movie was actually good which it was.

Anything is possible though as above if they go for Flashpoint we may see a Thomas Wayne alternate Batman on TV that wouldn't damage the big screen versions in any way.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 09-06-2016 at 02:30.
Old 27-06-2016, 16:04   #26
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Clark Kent was cast, maybe appearing in the first episode I think. On mobile so someone could drag up the story.

Confirmed Flash season 3 will be FlashPoint. Meaning crossovers are likely but in a completely different timeline from the prime. I.E if you see Oliver Queen in FlashPoint, Prime Arrow Oliver Queen won't know it and it'll have no effect on events in Arrow. That applies to all shows. They'll follow a pocket timeline route in which all shows still remember Barry but he wont be present. The reason for a pocket timeline is obvious for continuity sake. If Barry is removed from all timelines then he never saved Arrow and co on multiple occasions. Confusing I know.

Should make a DC TV thread and merge these little ones given the relatively low activity and the constant crossovers between the four.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 27-06-2016 at 16:11.
Old 27-06-2016, 16:17   #27
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I don't think it'd work having Supergirl in that thread atm. It's already set in an alternative universe so it won't be impacted by the other shows and it won't impact them either. I wonder if they'll find a way to connect it in a more permanent way.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 16:23   #28
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

http://deadline.com/2016/06/tyler-ho...cw-1201773722/
Quote:
As Supergirl prepares to fly faster than a speeding bullet from CBS to the CW, the network has announced that Everybody Wants Some! star Tyler Hoechlin has been cast as Superman/Clark Kent, the first live-action television incarnation of the Man of Steel since Smallville starring Tom Welling went off the air in 2011.

As previously announced, Superman will make his debut on the DC Television universe, which also includes The Flash, Arrow, and Legends Of Tomorrow, at the start of Supergirl‘s second season when he visits Kara in National City.
There is a most recent story. Think he will be in the first couple of episodes to start with.
Old 23-10-2016, 22:52   #29
General Maximus
Ran Away

I loved episode 2, it is great to see some proper kick ass. The small nag I always had with Smallville and Star Trek is that the good guys always try to maintain a level playing field with the bad guys when they could easily over power them. Clarke would always struggle trying to punch the bad guys when he could have easily fried them with his heat vision. I loved this episode because they were more creative with the take down tactics. It didn't take long for Kara to try and fry the bad guy on the bridge and when that didn't work Clarke used his kinetic energy and speed bumped him off the bridge. I laughed my ass off when he went flying because they are the kind of things that we think of when we watch it and think "wouldn't it be cool if ............"

Cracking start to the season so far!
Old 24-10-2016, 13:22   #30
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yes, Im enjoying season 2 so far.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote