Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 01-08-2020, 18:48   #1066
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Premier league isn't starting until September 12th. https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-date-new-kits
With little time between now and the start of the season. Sky will be starting to advertise for next season's games.

I'd hope we hear something in the next week or 2.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2020, 19:08   #1067
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Premier league isn't starting until September 12th. https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-date-new-kits
i know that but without covid it would have started this month that why i said it was supposed to start this month
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 19:32   #1068
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
i know that but without covid it would have started this month that why i said it was supposed to start this month
Ah yeah i see what you meant now, yes the prem was originally due to start on the 8th of this month.

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
With little time between now and the start of the season. Sky will be starting to advertise for next season's games.

I'd hope we hear something in the next week or 2.
Might be all games on tv again the way things are going.
Old 01-08-2020, 19:37   #1069
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
That would be nice.
Old 01-08-2020, 19:37   #1070
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

If it's anything like Scotland, which started their new season today, clubs could do a Virtual Season Ticket for all the Home games that are not on Sky. And the Away sides have the right to do PPV for those matches, so away supporters can see those.

I saw a match today like that. Casting it to the TV.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 20:51   #1071
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Quote:
Ah yeah i see what you meant now, yes the prem was originally due to start on the 8th of this month.

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

I thought they said all the games wouldn't be on TV (Sky, BT etc). Maybe they will be streamed.

At Oxford United, they have said ST holders would get the game on iFollow. I guess all EFL will be the same. EPL may do the same
Old 02-08-2020, 08:01   #1072
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

It was the case for Forest fans. Season ticket holders got to watch the games on iFollow. The last few games were torture for me!
Old 02-08-2020, 20:36   #1073
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
It was the case for Forest fans. Season ticket holders got to watch the games on iFollow. The last few games were torture for me!
You must be glad County didn't make it?
Old 03-08-2020, 09:25   #1074
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

On the contrary,I was cheering for them yesterday. Forest fans and Notts County fans have always got on great unlike rivalry in other cities. I've got lots of Notts County friends. We get on great together at work and in the community. I would love to see Notts County get back in the Football League. It's Derby County that we don't like.
Old 07-08-2020, 17:40   #1075
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Ofcom web site has revealed that Sony was given an new broadcasting License for "Sony Crime". https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

No other info was given.

3rd time lucky.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 20:16   #1076
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Ofcom web site has revealed that Sony was given an new broadcasting License for "Sony Crime". https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

No other info was given.

3rd time lucky.
Depends on how you count them.

Surprising. I thought if they tried again it would be another brand, like AXN (but FTA), and covering a (slightly) different demographic.

Good find Media Boy though.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 21:57   #1077
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Following a change on satellite, Sky Sports Racing HD's bitrate has more than halved from an average of 12.8Mb/s on 12.324V to only 6.1Mb/s on 12.188H.

Do we know if there has been a corresponding cut on VM, either because there is a way to check bitrates or due to worse picture quality?

VM may well get a line feed of the channel, so may not have been affected.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:41   #1078
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Following a change on satellite, Sky Sports Racing HD's bitrate has more than halved from an average of 12.8Mb/s on 12.324V to only 6.1Mb/s on 12.188H.

Do we know if there has been a corresponding cut on VM, either because there is a way to check bitrates or due to worse picture quality?

VM may well get a line feed of the channel, so may not have been affected.
richard doesnt look noticeably different on my tv but i've had the same HD tv for a decade and my tv is only 32 inches...i could tell then it finally improved a few months back and cant see any decrease in quality. but without any technical knowledge and a tiny tv im probably not the best to answer this!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:53   #1079
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
richard doesnt look noticeably different on my tv but i've had the same HD tv for a decade and my tv is only 32 inches...i could tell then it finally improved a few months back and cant see any decrease in quality. but without any technical knowledge and a tiny tv im probably not the best to answer this!
Thanks for your feedback anyway Vince

I know that Den watches it, so hopefully he'll see my post.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:04   #1080
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Thanks for your feedback anyway Vince

I know that Den watches it, so hopefully he'll see my post.
more than welcome richard hope the crazy year so far of 2020 is keeping you as well as possible!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote