Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 16-03-2012, 13:05   #571
pk1
cf.addict

Services: Sky Fibre Max Broadband, Sky Telephone, Sky Q 2TB
pk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Just got offer to come back to Sky offering me full package with 75% off for 12 months when you take movies & sport = £22.25 Plus this will give me £50.00 towards my bill. Choices, choices
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2012, 14:01   #572
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1 View Post
Just got offer to come back to Sky offering me full package with 75% off for 12 months when you take movies & sport = £22.25 Plus this will give me £50.00 towards my bill. Choices, choices
Choices only you can make , they both have there merits.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 16:33   #573
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

What games are free to play on Sky Games? The only free game i know of is Beehive Bedlam

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Ive read about Instant Rewind and i have read that ive i leave it turned on it makes the box easier to break down because its constantky recording in its buffer, is this true? Also any way of skipping parts instead of fast fawarding or rewinding like Tivo?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 17:36   #574
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
What games are free to play on Sky Games? The only free game i know of is Beehive Bedlam

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Ive read about Instant Rewind and i have read that ive i leave it turned on it makes the box easier to break down because its constantky recording in its buffer, is this true? Also any way of skipping parts instead of fast fawarding or rewinding like Tivo?
Sorry never used Sky games , I'm sure you can't skip forward like TIVO , try googling Using Sky+HD and you'll get the PDF manual.
Old 16-03-2012, 18:13   #575
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

will do thanks MM
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 19:55   #576
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Sky+ android received an update today. 7 days guide can now be accessed via an icon at the top.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 17:17   #577
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Strange that it worked for me , try uninstalling the app the reinstall it and sign back in seen this on Sky help forum and thanks for news on Sky sports app.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

According to this poster EPG upgrade could be soon but if it's like the last time it was changed it will be rolled out gradually
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...2&postcount=68
Just to report back, I performed the software update that you suggested and now the series links are being recieved properly.

I notice that the poster on DS has replied to your question. Sound very interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing the first pictures or videos of it in action.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 17:31   #578
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Just to report back, I performed the software update that you suggested and now the series links are being recieved properly.

I notice that the poster on DS has replied to your question. Sound very interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing the first pictures or videos of it in action.
Indeed , seems its more cosmetic with some intuitive enhancements , wonder when the new Sky+ Zeebox app will launch I'm thinking before June. Glad you seemed to have sorted your issues did you get Sky premiere movies on all your boxes this week.
Old 17-03-2012, 17:33   #579
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Yeah, didn't they mention first half of this year when it was originally announced?
Old 17-03-2012, 17:40   #580
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yeah, didn't they mention first half of this year when it was originally announced?
http://corporate.sky.com/skyviews/sk..._sky_customers

It says by summer
Old 17-03-2012, 17:51   #581
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Glad you seemed to have sorted your issues did you get Sky premiere movies on all your boxes this week.
Sorry, missed this earlier. No, they're still not appearing as of today but I only performed that software update at lunchtime so hopefully they'll be a movie or 2 downloaded over the next couple of nights!

If not then I'm guessing they'll appear correctly in the Showcase section of Anytime+ once that goes live for me this week.
Old 17-03-2012, 18:09   #582
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sorry, missed this earlier. No, they're still not appearing as of today but I only performed that software update at lunchtime so hopefully they'll be a movie or 2 downloaded over the next couple of nights!

If not then I'm guessing they'll appear correctly in the Showcase section of Anytime+ once that goes live for me this week.
They should be there anyway both my boxes have them , your not using both tuners around midnight are you as anytime content requires one.
Old 17-03-2012, 18:22   #583
Doz007
cf.geek

No, I record the odd channel at midnight now and again in order to avoid clashes but I've never used both tuners at that time. All the other Anytime content comes down ok, it's just the movies. If this software update doesn't work then I don't know what would - I've already done 2 planner rebuilds over the space of 16 days....
Old 17-03-2012, 18:34   #584
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Ring Sky mate there is no logical reason , check it's not some kind of error on your account I have them all on both of my boxes.
Old 17-03-2012, 18:44   #585
Doz007
cf.geek

Yeah I know, really strange. Especially when I get them on my bedroom box without a hitch. I'm not too bothered at the minute to be honest with you, I'm recording all the movies i'll watch myself anyway. If it doesn't correct itself come the Anytime+ rollout, I'll give them a bell. I have been in touch with the Sky help team on twitter and they also suggested the planner rebuild and software update.