Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 19-02-2019, 12:34   #286
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
My eyes are on the expiry of the Sky/VM deal this summer. However, we've not heard anything about this yet, other than Sky's statement that Sky Atlantic will be on all major TV platforms in 2019.

The Horizon UI will replace what we have at the moment on the V6, but no date has been announced. I'm not expecting anything imminently, to be honest.
Thanks OB cant wait to see what we get from the new sky deal and cant wait to see what the horizon4 ui looks like with the tivo features bundled in :-)
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-02-2019, 12:53   #287
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

I don't suppose there is any chance of virgin allowing the recording of red button programs in the near future?

Sky have had this feature for several years, via a subsidiary selection menu which appears when you try to record a program that has red button options.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 13:34   #288
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I don't suppose there is any chance of virgin allowing the recording of red button programs in the near future?

Sky have had this feature for several years, via a subsidiary selection menu which appears when you try to record a program that has red button options.
I thought Virgin had red button channels in the 900 series on the EPG? I'll check that when I get a minute in front of the telly.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 13:34   #289
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It would be difficult for some of them as I believe they're IP streams not broadcast DVB.
Old 19-02-2019, 13:35   #290
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

BBC red button services had EPG slots howvever Sky/BT do not.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 13:36   #291
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Thanks, jfman, that explains it, then.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 13:41   #292
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It would be difficult for some of them as I believe they're IP streams not broadcast DVB.
IIRC, some providers have STB's that are capable of recording IPTV.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 14:14   #293
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Red Button stream 1 is in ALL EPGs - VM, Sky and BT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 14:23   #294
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Red Button stream 1 is in ALL EPGs - VM, Sky and BT
Sky/BT Sport red button services on the Virgin Media network for clarity.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 14:44   #295
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

If you mean the extra sports streams which TiVo can get - then the BT box does too. Sky does not.
Old 19-02-2019, 15:08   #296
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
If you mean the extra sports streams which TiVo can get - then the BT box does too. Sky does not.
Example

Championship football midweek a - 1 main game per day, all other games are on red button. These games are recordable on Sky (via a secondary menu) but as far as I am aware not on Virgin.
Old 19-02-2019, 16:10   #297
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:

Sky own the firmware on their boxes, so can change it as they see fit. I assume if the same functionality were to be added to Virgin boxes, Virgin would want Sky to pay for the upgrade to the TiVO & V6 firmware, the same as they would to upgrade an app.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 17:30   #298
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Sky own the firmware on their boxes, so can change it as they see fit. I assume if the same functionality were to be added to Virgin boxes, Virgin would want Sky to pay for the upgrade to the TiVO & V6 firmware, the same as they would to upgrade an app.
Really, I would have thought they should be improving their service out of the profits they are making from us customers.
Old 19-02-2019, 18:48   #299
ozsat
cf.mega poster

It only works in the Sky EPG if the broadcaster sets it up to do it - and only Sky Sports does it and then only on selected programmes.

Quote:

Old 19-02-2019, 22:24   #300
ozsat
cf.mega poster

OK - I was thinking of the extra BBC sport streams which are often there.

It is usually only Sky Sports that offer this on their own boxes.

On BT Sports - every extra stream is in the BT EPG so all BT Sport red button options can be record on there.
Quote:
Example

Championship football midweek a - 1 main game per day, all other games are on red button. These games are recordable on Sky (via a secondary menu) but as far as I am aware not on Virgin.