Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 09-09-2019, 18:06   #1816
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Can't say I find Sky's SD channel quality to be bad. But we have a Full HD 32 inch screen which we are perfectly happy with, maybe it's the bigger screens it becomes an issue.
Ours is a 43 inch TV.
Old 09-09-2019, 18:07   #1817
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Can't say I find Sky's SD channel quality to be bad. But we have a Full HD 32 inch screen which we are perfectly happy with, maybe it's the bigger screens it becomes an issue.
Yes, its all about the screen size on my 49" tv piture quality in sd on sky is not the best.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:39   #1818
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
You may well be right. I've tried changing my V6 settings from 1080p down to the other resolutions including 576i, but noticed no real difference. However, when I switched my 43" TV screen size from 16:9 ratio to 4:3, I did notice PQ improved slightly on all the SD channels.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:50   #1819
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
You may well be right. I've tried changing my V6 settings from 1080p down to the other resolutions including 576i, but noticed no real difference. However, when I switched my 43" TV screen size from 16:9 ratio to 4:3, I did notice PQ improved slightly on all the SD channels.
Since you mention settings, the 32 inch Full HD screen I previously mentioned is set to 1080p. Our previous TV was set the same, and was also 32 inch, but it had a non-standard resolution that wasn't quite Full HD, but was higher than 720p and would happily downscale a Full HD signal to this in-between resolution. So I noticed a little difference when we got a new TV a couple years ago, but mostly for the better, as would be expected.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:18   #1820
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Since you mention settings, the 32 inch Full HD screen I previously mentioned is set to 1080p. Our previous TV was set the same, and was also 32 inch, but it had a non-standard resolution that wasn't quite Full HD, but was higher than 720p and would happily downscale a Full HD signal to this in-between resolution. So I noticed a little difference when we got a new TV a couple years ago, but mostly for the better, as would be expected.
Sounds like my TV is the same as your old one. It is a 9 year old Samsung plasma 768p HD ready, that manages to upscale and downscale usually fine. I do probably need to upgrade to a modern swish full HD/UHD led, but cant justify the cost yet until this one dies and its still going strong! Damn! LOL!
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:01   #1821
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Sounds like my TV is the same as your old one. It is a 9 year old Samsung plasma 768p HD ready, that manages to upscale and downscale usually fine. I do probably need to upgrade to a modern swish full HD/UHD led, but cant justify the cost yet until this one dies and its still going strong! Damn! LOL!
Quite.

Our Bravia was 10+ years old before it finally failed. There wasn't going to be regular UHD content, so there was no need for replacing with UHD screen, especially when UHD doesn't come in screens that small (not that I call it small), and a bigger than 32 inch screen wouldn't suit the living room. So we decided to save money on a replacement and just get an HD screen. It made sense to get a Full HD one rather than another in-between one, so we did upgrade. The funniest bit was the progress in LCD technology meant the new 32 inch screen was much smaller than the old one, simply because the screen frame was much smaller...and the unit much thinner too. So the added benefit was the living room felt bigger!

The replacement was a third of the £ of the original, and that's not inflation adjusted.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:54   #1822
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
I can confirm that Notts TV is broadcasting on VM channel 159 in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire on 9 September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
I can confirm that Teesside TV is still broadcasting on VM channel 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
NVTV still on in Belfast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhooton View Post
159. Latest TV still broadcasting in Brighton. Picture quality is rubbish though.
Thanks for info.

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Still need information on the following local channels. Are they still broadcasting on Virgin Media?

EPG > Channel Name > (Channel broadcasting area)
159. London Live (In Croydon, Hersham, Hayes, Watford, Haringey, Seven Kings, Bromley and Lewisham areas only.)
159. Sheffield Live TV (In Sheffield areas only.)
159. Made in Bristol (In Bristol areas only).
159. Cardiff TV (In Cardiff areas only).
159. Leeds TV (In Leeds areas only).
159. Tyne and Wear TV (In Newcastle areas only).
159. That's TV Norfolk (In Norwich areas only).
159. Birmingham TV (In Birmingham areas only).
159. That's TV Cambridge (In Cambridge areas only).
159. That's TV Swansea Bay (In Swansea areas only).
159. KMTV (In Kent areas only).
159. That's TV Humber (In Grimsby areas only).

Again Thanks for any help.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 18:21   #1823
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Quite.

Our Bravia was 10+ years old before it finally failed. There wasn't going to be regular UHD content, so there was no need for replacing with UHD screen, especially when UHD doesn't come in screens that small (not that I call it small), and a bigger than 32 inch screen wouldn't suit the living room. So we decided to save money on a replacement and just get an HD screen. It made sense to get a Full HD one rather than another in-between one, so we did upgrade. The funniest bit was the progress in LCD technology meant the new 32 inch screen was much smaller than the old one, simply because the screen frame was much smaller...and the unit much thinner too. So the added benefit was the living room felt bigger!

The replacement was a third of the £ of the original, and that's not inflation adjusted.
So you could probably have got a 40" tv which would have been little difference in size to your old 32" set
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 19:02   #1824
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
So you could probably have got a 40" tv which would have been little difference in size to your old 32" set
If 36 inch was still a standard size TV then maybe. But I prefer the room seeming bigger. The amount of time considered regarding buying a 40 inch screen was very little, and mostly about how to avoid buying anything bigger than 32 inches.
Old 10-09-2019, 19:44   #1825
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Thanks for info.

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Still need information on the following local channels. Are they still broadcasting on Virgin Media?

EPG > Channel Name > (Channel broadcasting area)
159. London Live (In Croydon, Hersham, Hayes, Watford, Haringey, Seven Kings, Bromley and Lewisham areas only.)
159. Sheffield Live TV (In Sheffield areas only.)
159. Made in Bristol (In Bristol areas only).
159. Cardiff TV (In Cardiff areas only).
159. Leeds TV (In Leeds areas only).
159. Tyne and Wear TV (In Newcastle areas only).
159. That's TV Norfolk (In Norwich areas only).
159. Birmingham TV (In Birmingham areas only).
159. That's TV Cambridge (In Cambridge areas only).
159. That's TV Swansea Bay (In Swansea areas only).
159. KMTV (In Kent areas only).
159. That's TV Humber (In Grimsby areas only).

Again Thanks for any help.
Just checked....KMTV still there!!
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 21:33   #1826
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Some of you guys need bigger telly's.......
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 21:36   #1827
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Some frontrooms are space limited in the size of TV they can take.
Old 10-09-2019, 23:12   #1828
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Now you've come to mention it, I've changed my mind, I think I'll get an even smaller TV.
Old 11-09-2019, 00:20   #1829
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Projector is the way to go can range your screen from 12 inch to 200 inch
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:35   #1830
offmore15
cf.member

offmore15 is on a distinguished roadoffmore15 is on a distinguished road

Birmingham tv is still going
offmore15 is offline   Reply With Quote