Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Olympics

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Olympics
Closed Thread

Old 18-06-2012, 11:23   #31
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
What are you going to see?
Football at Wembley and table tennis.

The tickets are very nice, perfect to keep as a momento. Also i wasn't aware you get a travel card for the day of the event with each ticket.
Advertisement
Old 20-06-2012, 11:10   #32
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Football at Wembley and table tennis.

The tickets are very nice, perfect to keep as a momento. Also i wasn't aware you get a travel card for the day of the event with each ticket.
I have tickets for the woman's handball bronze medal match. I know - random event, but I really wanted to watch something at the Olympic Park as opposed to other venues such as Excel. And I think it could be a pretty exciting event to watch.

My daughter wanted to be part of the Olympics so we're having a family day there. Its on the last weekend of the Olympics too, there are some atheletic finals taking place that day which we will watch on the screens in the Olympic park (I assume they will have screens there).

I even bought tickets for the Orbit.

Ok it's not a cheap day out for the 4 of us, but I doubt it's something we will ever vbe party to again in the UK. Also I wasn't really much into the Olympics, but now I have my tickets I am really excited about going!

By the way - didn't realise you get travel cards with tickets - I've got teh Orbit tickets last week but not for the Handball as of yet.
Old 20-06-2012, 11:54   #33
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
I have tickets for the woman's handball bronze medal match. I know - random event, but I really wanted to watch something at the Olympic Park as opposed to other venues such as Excel. And I think it could be a pretty exciting event to watch.

My daughter wanted to be part of the Olympics so we're having a family day there. Its on the last weekend of the Olympics too, there are some atheletic finals taking place that day which we will watch on the screens in the Olympic park (I assume they will have screens there).

I even bought tickets for the Orbit.

Ok it's not a cheap day out for the 4 of us, but I doubt it's something we will ever vbe party to again in the UK. Also I wasn't really much into the Olympics, but now I have my tickets I am really excited about going!

By the way - didn't realise you get travel cards with tickets - I've got teh Orbit tickets last week but not for the Handball as of yet.
I'm still considering getting tickets for something in the Olympic park, i really wanted athletics tickets but had no luck.

I go to football matches often, and have been to wembley a few times now, also the match i have tickets for could be two completely random countries, but for me it still feels special because its the olympics. I'm really looking forward to it.

I saw theres still tickets for beach volleyball available
Old 20-06-2012, 12:23   #34
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'm still considering getting tickets for something in the Olympic park, i really wanted athletics tickets but had no luck.

I go to football matches often, and have been to wembley a few times now, also the match i have tickets for could be two completely random countries, but for me it still feels special because its the olympics. I'm really looking forward to it.

I really wanted Diving but the cheapest I could find for the times I had available was @£170/ticket! Daughter not really into footy but I wouldn't have minded that either.

One of my mates has a spare ticket for the Hockey at the Olympic park so I will be tagging along for that too.

I still havent told the 7yo that she will be going to the Olympic Park but she will eb well chuffed!
Old 20-06-2012, 18:51   #35
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

I've just gone on the resale website and managed to get tickets for athletics

They are not for great events but i'm happy to be able to go to the stadium and be able to say i went to the olympic games.
Old 20-06-2012, 19:05   #36
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

They just put some up and I missed Opening Ceremony tickets! . Got Wheelchair Rugby final tho.
Old 20-06-2012, 19:16   #37
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I bet there aren't any for the womens beach volleyball
Old 20-06-2012, 19:17   #38
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Maybe he wants the mens
Old 20-06-2012, 19:32   #39
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Maybe he wants the mens
Haha Colin

The sessions are mixed, both men and women matches. So you watch the women, then go to the bar when the men go on
Old 20-06-2012, 19:37   #40
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Haha Colin

The sessions are mixed, both men and women matches. So you watch the women, then go to the bar when the men go on
lol
Old 20-06-2012, 19:48   #41
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Haha Colin

Now that's waht I call a plan
Old 22-06-2012, 17:35   #42
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Just got back from a long run down to Woolwich dropping a load of bespoke timber off to a new Weatherspoons (the one that burnt in the riots) and had a chance to see the new Olympic stadiums ,it all looks very impressive ,shame about the surrounding area though

One question though ,whats that big curly whirly metal tower ?

Old 22-06-2012, 17:42   #43
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Just got back from a long run down to Woolwich dropping a load of bespoke timber off to a new Weatherspoons (the one that burnt in the riots) and had a chance to see the new Olympic stadiums ,it all looks very impressive ,shame about the surrounding area though

One question though ,whats that big curly whirly metal tower ?
The Orbit. You get to go to the top and see across the Olympic Park. You need to pay £15 to go on it and a ticket in advance. If you're going to the Olympic Park then go to the London 2012 ticketing portal and get a ticket for the day you'll be there.
Old 22-06-2012, 17:47   #44
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Quote:
The Orbit. You get to go to the top and see across the Olympic Park. You need to pay £15 to go on it and a ticket in advance. If you're going to the Olympic Park then go to the London 2012 ticketing portal and get a ticket for the day you'll be there.
I'm doing the orbit too! I hope its a clear evening , should be some amazing views.
Old 22-06-2012, 17:49   #45
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Cheers Damien .I won't be going anywhere near it when the Olympics are on ,i've just had a taste of what happens to london traffic when there is a bus strike on so god knows what it'll be like when the Olympics are in full flow

Closed Thread