Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] The News Corp scandal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] The News Corp scandal

Old 07-07-2011, 18:45   #256
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: NotW phone hacking allegations: Milly Dowler, Soham, 7/7, dead soldiers' families

I suspect that the public has not been fooled by this action at all..I think it is going to take far,far more to make this sorry string of events go away.
Old 07-07-2011, 18:46   #257
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: NotW phone hacking allegations: Milly Dowler, Soham, 7/7, dead soldiers' families

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
One word then " HYPOCRITE "
Why am I , Sky isn't 100% Murdoch owned YET
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 18:46   #258
Charliedontsurf
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HDx4,Skyworld+Multiroom. VM 50Mb
Charliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathers

Quote:
Its not as simple to avoid giving Murdoch money as you seem to rather naively think it is.
Charliedontsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 18:47   #259
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Lets not get into name calling Devil as thats not being fair on him.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 18:48   #260
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Let us treat other CF members with respect please and avoid the name calling.
Old 07-07-2011, 18:50   #261
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedontsurf View Post
I was just pointing out you'll need to stop watching/buying movies made by his company, buying music by artists signed to labels within his company etc etc.

Maybe remove his tv channels form your package as he gets a cut from your subs for FX ect.
Exactly its impossible , so my stance is not buying his papers
Old 07-07-2011, 18:51   #262
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/labourlist/st...15233074573312

Deliciously cynical points scoring, pretty much the level we're all used to from politicians on that side of the spectrum.
T'internet is truly a democratically wonderful thing in this changing world. Left wingers allowed to air views that wouldn't be permitted in any of Murdoch's conduits of propaganda.

I'm sure the son of NOTW is already in the planning stage in Murdoch's bunker. I hope the internet generation remain vigilant.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 18:59   #263
RizzyKing

Absolutely sickening that the innocent workers lose out because senior management like to make the mess but not clean it up or take responsibility. That being said though i can imagine the police now have quite a few other people to talk too about what was going on at the NOTW and who was responsible for what and who knew what.

This might well turn out to be a very bad move on the part of NI as none of those workers owe him a damn thing now and can freely talk about things they may not have done before here's hoping.
Old 07-07-2011, 19:02   #264
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Here is the latest James Murdoch statement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...t-in-full.html
Old 07-07-2011, 19:03   #265
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Why am I , Sky isn't 100% Murdoch owned YET
No but owning 39% of the company gives them a say of what is done and said as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedontsurf View Post
Its not as simple to avoid giving Murdoch money as you seem to rather naively think it is.
If you think that my comments are naive you really should check out my previous posts on this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Lets not get into name calling Devil as thats not being fair on him.
Why not as I am not having a go at anyone, As I am just stating facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Let us treat other CF members with respect please and avoid the name calling.
OK Then I will now leave this thread alone as it seems to be have taken over by people that are unable to comment on the political and public unrest that this thread is causing?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 19:07   #266
soicky
Inactive

soicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to all

Looks like the decision to axe NOTW was taken before today.

Quote:
However, Sky News has confirmed thesunonsunday.co.uk was registered as a domain name on July 5 by a company called Media Spring.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...dal_At_Tabloid
soicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 19:10   #267
Charliedontsurf
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HDx4,Skyworld+Multiroom. VM 50Mb
Charliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathers

Quote:

OK Then I will now leave this thread alone as it seems to be have taken over by people that are unable to comment on the political and public unrest that this thread is causing?

But yet you're the only person in the entire thread that resorted to name calling.Also I didn't realise thisTHREAD was causing political and public unrest.
Charliedontsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 19:11   #268
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
No but owning 39% of the company gives them a say of what is done and said as well?

If you think that my comments are naive you really should check out my previous posts on this thread?

Why not as I am not having a go at anyone, As I am just stating facts.

Just relax Devil as no one is having a go at you at all.
Old 07-07-2011, 19:17   #269
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicky View Post
Looks like the decision to axe NOTW was taken before today.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...dal_At_Tabloid
Doesn't surprise me at all , they interviewed an editor from the guardian on Sky news who basically said it could also be a cost cutting exercise , he also said James Murdoch wasn't a big fan of newspapers. What do you lot think will happen to the Suns reader base ?
Old 07-07-2011, 19:19   #270
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

When I heard NotW was to close, I though the the Sun would be issued on Sunday under some name.