Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Your own web server for free !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Your own web server for free !

Old 13-11-2006, 17:25   #91
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: Your own web server for free !

tryed at 5.07pm and nothing, couldnt ping the named url eather, was it running then?, perhaps your ip no might work. see pm

i could ping the url, silly me forgot to remove the / at the end lol , so was the webserver up and running then an just now? 5.47pm

the name gets translated to the ip but not reachable btw so i assume you didnt have it running.
---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

with the rebol webserver running can you get to it locally i.e http://localhost:80 or :8080 or :3128 depending on what port you set it to as you ran it?, doesnt make sense that your getting to see you routers url as that wouldnt be the local url 127.0.0.1 but rather at presumably 192.168.*.* or 10.0.*.* perhaps.
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2006, 04:15   #92
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

i just noticed "It works!" off the named url

LOL, so was it the wrong ip no? and put some rebol messageboard stuff there
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 20:38   #93
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Removed Rebol and replaced it with Apache just while I got the routing issues sorted and as you saw "it works". Will figure our Rebol when I have five min but I just couldn't get my head around the config

Looks like the routing and port forwarding on my router is working now. Just need to spend time working out how to get the software working. The bits for my server arrived today but I'm not having much luck with them. I fear getting the components to work together will take most of my spare time up over the next few days.

Thanks for the help though popper. It's much appreciated.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 19:57   #94
jimbob123
Inactive

Services: 20 mb broadband
jimbob123 will become famous soon enoughjimbob123 will become famous soon enoughjimbob123 will become famous soon enough

Hi Will Apache run multi website and is it as easy to configure

Regards

jimbob
jimbob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 20:29   #95
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Easy depends on your experience. I run serveral web sites including some quite complex db based ones and I'm not sure I'm upto running my own server. I use a reseller account on i-web solutions which auto creates most stuff and is very easy to admin. For £2 a month i-web will sort you out with a full and proper webspace.

If you fancy a trial I can set you up a test account on mine if you have a domain, if not i can create you a temp test -subdomain.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 20:36   #96
jimbob123
Inactive

Services: 20 mb broadband
jimbob123 will become famous soon enoughjimbob123 will become famous soon enoughjimbob123 will become famous soon enough

Hi got a webserver up and running using abyss with help from this forum now
ready for the next project and what to try multi sites

Regards

jimbob
jimbob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:41   #97
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to AbyssUnderground

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob123 View Post
Hi got a webserver up and running using abyss with help from this forum now
ready for the next project and what to try multi sites

Regards

jimbob
Multiple domains is only available in the paid X2 version of Abyss without the use of the virtual hosting script which does the job, but its not the same as real multiple sites.
AbyssUnderground is offline   Reply With Quote